Ideas For This Website (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 5
  • 991 Comments
  • @CmdrBond, that 2nd idea is good. DZ and E-6 would totally screw things up so that android users are at the bottom.
  • @blahalb09 - DZ leaderboard is already there, but E-6 is not.
  • I know that DZ is there; it's already screwing things up for android users. :(
  • @CmdrBond
    1) I'm not sure that's the best use of space. If you know precisely which level you want to skip to, tweaking the URL should work fine. Our URLs are typically very very consistent.
    2) A board for 1 level doesn't seem very efficient.
  • What about the DZ leaderboard? It gives iOS and PC users and advantage over all of the rest.
  • For those who don't have it, you can compare on episodic Leaderboards for PB, CC and Eggsteroids.
  • It sure would help if Rovio would treat the Android $ as legal tender, then we wouldn't have this issue.

I find it strange that they are willing to alienate the people who already pay by screwing with the Mighty Eagle, and continue to alienate the people who *want* to pay by teasing them with the Mighty Dragon yet not allowing them to purchase TME or other in-app addons available to other platforms.

(Unless of course you live in the US, you can at least purchase an add-free version there through the Amazon App Store - Amazon, another company alienating people who want to spend money with them, I just don't get their business sense)
  • Here's another idea - particularly relevant to this thread (unless I am missing something).

When you click on the link of a multi page discussion, it takes you to the first page - not the last page, or first page where there is a new (unread by that particular user) comment.

Its just annoying to have to open the thread, then click the relevant page number.

I appreciate going to the first unread post might be a headache, but what about setting it to go to the last page?
  • @AMslimfordy

I appreciate that a board for 1 level seems inefficient. I just feel that for the sake of completeness the level should be included somewhere. As it screws with the total ranking for those that don't have it, I thought it would be better to separate it, personally I would be quite happy to see it included alongside E-1 - E-5, especially as they *have* designated it E-6.

Maybe it will come to other devices in time - I hope so.
  • I have just noticed an inconsistency with the leaderboards - i do not know if this is deliberate or not.

The leaderboards for Golden Eggs and Seasons Golden Eggs are listed on the main leadrboard page, but the Rio Trophy Room and Eggsteroids are listed under Rio and Space respectively.

Personally I think the GE and SGE boards should be moved from the front page to under their parent games leaderboard page. I think it makes a little more sense.
  • Regarding my request for more level links - forget it.

I just found the direct walkthrough links on the leaderboards (for those like me who have missed it up until now, the star on the far right column takes you to the walkthrough for that level.

1 request here though, could we change the default action of that hyperlink to open in a new tab/window rather than the existing one?
  • @CmdrBond, please use the edit button. It makes things a whole lot easier.
  • Yeah I can't really follow this. Anyways, the reason why these pages open to the first page is because you should always see the parent of the discussion. This will not (and should not) be changed.
  • OK

And apologies for the spam
  • Do trending hashtags work in the main site too, or does it only work for the forum?
  • There are no "trending" hashtags anywhere on the site. If you list something as say #Something it just tries to reroute looking for that internal HTML reference, which obviously fails as no such reference exists.
  • Just something else I have noticed -

Clicking on the "walkthrough star" in the right hand column of a leaderboard takes you to the walkthrough video for that level UNLESS it is a golden egg one, then it takes you to that editions Golden Egg Walkthrough index page.
  • Yes, that is a conscious choice.

ABo GE's link to our "Complete GE Guide".
    ABS GE's link to their episodic GE page.
    Space's link to the "Complete Eggsteroids Guide".
  • 3 more ideas (I know).

1. Can we add the link to "My Leaderboards" to the leaderboards pull down menu?

2. In "My Leaderboards", on levels where we have yet to enter a score we only see the average score - can we show the top score as well?

3. Any chance that scores below Top and Average could be coloured red - and once we have beaten the average score maybe we could see how far above average we are with a green coloured score difference? Maybe the same for top score, showing you how far above 2nd place you are.
  • 1) It is listed under your username on the right side of the bar.

2) I don't think the system works that way.

3) Most people like to see that white space when they are above average.
  • ok, cheers
  • Is there a search user option - if not (I can't find it) could we have one?

I eventually had to click on someone elses name then modify the URL to get to my brothers scores so I could compare them through ABN, it should be a lot easier than that I think.
  • That's the easiest and only way to do it. There's no other way as far as I know.
  • Yeah, no ability to search through users currently, though I'm working on things that might make finding people easier.
  • Maybe this is an oversimplification - and will only work if you know the name of the person you want to find, but could it not be possible to add a text box in which you type the name of the person, and when you click that button it appends that name to the url http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/profile/5/ which will then take you straight to that users page.

Just a thought.
  • And it would be useful if there's a link on one's user forum page which leads to his/her main site profile.
  • Okay, I'm guessing that this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any such request (at least in this thread). Anyway, unless I'm an idiot, there doesn't seem to be any direct link to the leaderboard for a level from its walkthrough page unless you submit a fresh score using the tool at the bottom. Obviously, you can navigate to a level's leaderboard from the walkthrough page in a number of ways, but it would be nice to have a one-click link to the level's leaderboard without needing to enter a new score first. Would this be feasible?
  • On most walkthrough pages, there is a link in the text to the leaderboards. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.
  • Sorry, I guess I must not have been explicit enough. I mean that there should be, for example, a link straight to the Pig Bang 1-15 leaderboard from the Pig Bang 1-15 walkthrough page. Right now, the page has links to all of the following: the main ABN leaderboard page; the main Angry Birds Space leaderboard page; the leaderboards of PB 1-15's top scorer; and, if you submit a score, your personal leaderboards. But again, there's no link directly from the walkthough for a level to its corresponding leaderboard page, and it would be quite convenient to have one, since navigating through two or three intermediate pages seems unnecessary.
  • Clicking on the "Min 3 star score" for the level takes you to the leaderboard home for the particular version of the game, but I too think it should go direct to the leaderboard for that level, not the episode or version.
  • I think going that far is too far.
  • Why is it going too far?
  • Just by progression. It's going very far: Leaderboards > Edition > Episode > Level.
  • Just wanted to say thank you for the ability to now go directly from this Forum to my Boards. Previously you had to go back to something else to get your username to drop down the links. There's been lots happening since I joined and just wanted to say that I've noticed and appreciate all the improvements :)
  • In the same spirit, it would be nice to have some sort of link between the forum Id and comment Id with the leader board in mind.
    Most users use the same name, but not everyone. I sometimes wish I could easily click on someones profile, here in the forums and have a way to see how active they are in the comment section and what kind of scores they entered ... if any.

I know the two are technically separate, but the forums are slowly picking speed.

• BirdLeader is slowly working on ways of integrating the two sites. One of the main priorities would be linking accounts.
  • @AMslimfordy So the ads have started appearing on the sides? Still, the site looks the same as before :)
  • Yeah, it started tonight and will run for a few days. Site doesnt change. I wouldn't allow that just like I don't allow pop-up style ads.
  • Not sure if you have any control over this or not, but on my screen the sidebars are pretty narrow, to the point that there is a disembodied green breast poking out with some hair above it. Can they make the sidebar image narrower so people do not think I have developed a strange obsession?
  • @Burbman This is actually something we were trying to get the advertiser to fix. Not sure if they will this time around, but it hopefully won't happen going forward. Thanks.
  • How about a feature in the "badges" page where you could click on the badge you're interested in to see everyone who has it? For example, if I wanted to see the "master slinger" group (5000 pts I believe) I could click on that to see who's in that elite club. Just a thought.
  • Hey! they fixed the sidebars, I can see half of her face now.
  • Question - Are the levels that are available in AB the same or different to AB Lite/Free? - This goes for all versions of AB (original, Seasons, Rio, Space).

I only ask because I have always entered my scores under the standard AB option on the leaderboards, but now "Premium" versions are available to Android I am wondering if I should have entered my scores into the "Free" versions.

If there are no difference in levels at all, is there any reason why Free/Lite/Premium etc. cannot be combined?
  • @CmdrBond

AB Lite has levels exclusive to it, while having some levels found in the original.
    ABO free however, is completely unique in levels.
    ABS free's levels are from the main game, except SG free, which are totally different ones.
    ABR free have three levels from the main game per chapter.
  • Ok - so I am putting my scores on tthe right place then, thats good.

I presume free and lite are iOS incarnations then.

Cheera
  • For Android, it doesn't matter what version you have, it is the full app.
  • I may be mistaken but is there a new section named as "Guides" now? Or was it there earlier too?
  • On the video walkthrough page, between "your" score and the high score (beneath the video), as there is space, would it be possible to show the average score as well?
  • Are considering this.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!