Ideas For This Website (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 3
  • 991 Comments
  • I mean something else I think (thread?) Now I've to scroll down very long, but not if there were only 25 comments on this page and on the next and previous.

(Really bad Englisch)
  • @zone020 , if there are 25 comments per page, wouldn't the be a lot of pages to scroll through? Also, if there was one thread that had more than 25 comments, that thread would be cut off. On the main site it is 30 threads per page.

BTW slim, can you make comments appear without having to refresh the site? Because I hate it when I post a reply and the comments has already been answered 1 second ago and/or the comment is deleted.
  • Not something I can do, but I can ask BirdLeader. However, I believe this has been mentioned before, so it is likely challenging to implement, if at all possible.
  • But scrolling to pages is Always just one click!

Another one: Make a 'Go to the last page' under the Title.
  • Defaults to the final page. Ergo button unnecessary.
  • {removed by Kartflyer}
  • Hate to tell you this, but this forum opens up the first page (at least for me). Some of those that open the first page seem to do so for a reason, but not this one. Page selection is just under the title, so not a problem.
  • @mvnla2 for me it open ups the first page to, I also play OSM (Dutch OFM) and there's if a discussion has 17 pages:

Title
    1....15 16 17

Numbers are clickable and: You can navigate very quickly!
  • Can you see the page numbers on the far right at top and bottom of this and other forum pages?
  • The main site defaults to the last page. It makes sense for a forum to open to the first page since you should see the parent thread.
    In the forum there is a last page link. Namely the last page number in the top right.
  • Maybe there should be a total score for the individual leaderboard (by adding up all the top scores of the levels). Then you could be ranked according to how close you are to that total score. Just a thought :)
  • The "Frees" are not available for all platforms, and there's 1 Seasons GE out there that is not available on all platforms.
  • (replying to post in Sept.) @cougron , this has happened to me too! About 1 hour ago I had a 66 new comments on this discussion. Weird how this only is for bookmarked conversations.
  • @blahalb09

I know what happened, the previous time you opened this discussion, you only looked at Page 1, so this forum thinks there are 66 new posts.
  • There are 114 posts on this discussion, and I looked at page 3 the last time.
  • Maybe you made a misclick and clicked back immediately.
  • What I did:1. clicked on the disscussion
    2. by defualt went to page 1
    3. clicked page 3
    4. went back to main ABN site
    5. came back to forum, it said 66 new comments
  • There is a bug on the site where sometimes the Count of new messages is wrong, usually it will report the total number of messages, not just the new messages, but I've sometimes seen it do a number inbetween. I'm not sure what causes it but I think it happens when you haven't read a thread in some time and/or the site has forgotten or lost track that you have read the thread.
  • I come back to the forum every day so I don't know what is happening.
  • If only there was that edit button on the main site...
  • I come to the forum every day as well and it's happened to me. hasn't happened in a while though.
  • It only happens in bookmarked discussions.
  • Just had the miscount happen to me today. I have no bookmarked discussions, but it was probably a forum thread I hadn't opened in a long time.
  • I don't know if this is new or not but when someone comments on one of my bookmarked discussions, a popup comes in the bottom-left corner.
  • Another idea: If you post a comment under a walktrough you can do something which will send you an email by next comments. I'll like if there also is a option to let you know in this forum inbox.
  • There is already something like this. When you comment on a walkthrough, there are 2 checkboxes. Check the one that says notify me by e-mail. Just a warning though, the first time I did this, I got 86 e-mails in one day. So if you don't like to get a lot of messages, don't subscribe to pages.
  • yeah, I mean I don't want to let them spam my mailbox full, so I thougt we can use this inbox.
  • Aside from having the same parent URL, the main site and the forum are completely detached.
  • Ah, than I have to check and remind the levels where I want to see reactions.
  • Another thing you could do, click on your profile to see recent comments you have made.
  • That already exist, if I click my profile you see about 90 commenrs
  • Blah was suggesting that you do that, not suggesting that we add it.
  • Oh sorry I thought it was for Slim and Bird leader...
  • It would be cool if there were flash games on here, but I don't know if that's possible. Maybe a draw a bird area, I don't know.Those are my best ideas.
  • @SuperMadBlueBird the games already exist. Porting them here would not be prudent. Rovio's servers are specifically designed to support the apps. Nor do we have permission to port them.
  • When I open a link on the chatter page, it frequently (always?) goes to the last page, but the comment is sometimes on a previous page, and very difficult to find. Is there any way you can open to the comment, even if it is not on the last page?
  • Go to a comment, then in between the post title and the comment number in the address bar, type in comment-page-[page number]/ .
    Picture: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2czaclz&s=5
  • @mvnla2 That's interesting. Since I don't use the Chatter very much, I haven't noticed. I'll see if BirdLeader can do something about adding "comment-page" to those URLs.
  • That would be VERY nice. I always hate typing in the comment page and finding which page it is on.
  • Is there any way to take people out of private conversations?
  • No, besides starting a new conversation.
  • @mvnla2 Thats confirmed! Now you can go the Chatter page and click on View of any comment you want to see and it will take you directly to the exact comment.
  • @BL Love the new chatter page organization! Thank you. And I thought saying you'd put on your to do list was the same as saying don't hold your breath. Oh wow, just figured out that if you click on "view" after name and time, it does open to correct page and message! (I suppose you will tell me it's always done this?) Love it!
  • @mvnla2 it was good timing on your part. BL was just finishing the tweak you see to the Chatter, and I mentioned this quickly. It seems it was a simple -- yet effective -- addition.
  • Whoa, sweet! New design to the chatter page!
  • Slim, someone in one of the private conversations I was having left the conversation. How?
  • Probably by choosing to "Delete" the conversation on their end.
  • What is that chatter you're talking about?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!