Can't Play Web Games because of Flash?
  • No matter how many times I update Flash Player, it still won't let me play the web games. Help please!
  • 9 Comments
  • What type of computer are you using, and which web games specifically? Most of them run on HTML5, not Flash.
  • Mac, and whenever I go on to the web games it says "Please make sure Adobe Flash Player is installed."
  • Yes, you do need the latest flash player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
  • I had also this probleme. I don't Play Web Games but One Probleme i know is installing Flash with Firefox. Please try to install Flash using an other Internet Browser. Sometimes Firefox for example blocks that !!!!
  • I play alot of games but when I play angry birds I constantly get the message that shockwave flash is not responding and then it crashes. What can I do to stop this? I am using Google Chrome
  • Update Flash and your video card drivers.
  • Sorry I am computer illiterate, can you explain how to do this. Thanks
  • @Lynn S

There are some issues with Chrome and Flash.

I just found out that Chrome does not use the separate install of flash that IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, &c. use. It has its own version. This can cause a conflict.

if you type

about:plugins

into the Chrome omnibar (address/search) bar

you should see something that says

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.5.31.138
    Shockwave Flash 11.5 r31

If you expand the details you should see something like this

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.5.31.138
    Shockwave Flash 11.5 r31
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.5 r31
    Version: 11.5.31.138
    Location: C:\Users\New_User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.5.31.138\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
    Disable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash Shockwave Flash
    .spl
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
    Version: 11,5,502,146
    Location: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_5_502_146.dll
    Type: NPAPI
    Disable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
    .spl

now if you continue to have issues with shockwave there are 2 things to do.

Make sure RealPlayer is up to date - for some reason this can affect it according to a Google groups post I have read.

The second is to disable one of the Shockwave instances. recommendations are to disable the internal chrome plugin, that is the one with the line like:

Location: C:\Users\New_User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.5.31.138\pepflashplayer.dll

The problem I am having right now is this is not staying disable. So I am now waiting for the next crash, to read the crash report, to see what the problem is.

(It may have been RealPlayer though, as that was sorely in need of updating and is now up to date).

HTH

If I find any more info I will post it.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!