No Danger Zone for You
  • With a few updates to Space we still haven't seen an update to Danger Zone. Is it in the near future? Your thought...
  • 11 Comments
  • Hope so, those are some of my favorite levels!
  • Yes i think/Hope they make a Update because it was the only Episode you have to buy extra :-) Hopefully Danger Egsteroides :-)
  • Rovio has never said that they would update it.
  • Oh, I was aways under the impression we would get an update to it. But that does make sense considering we haven't heard a mention of it in a while. Maybe it was a post from someone on here and I took it as fact.
  • @slim - doesn't everyone have DZ available now? I thought Amazon was the final holdout.
  • Mac, BlackBerry
  • What they need to do is on the next release of a "Free Update", make Danger Zone have downloadable levels, then like on Seasons with advent calendar styles (which are initial releases with downloadable levels), with each subsequent update, incorporate what was available since the last release into the full one and prep for new levels. Now the downloadable content for DZ does not have to be advent style, just using it as an example.
  • @heathen -- Interesting idea here, but would it be more or less effective than, say, releasing both the "Free" & DZ levels simultaneously in a normal update style?

I wasn't expecting to be quite so intrigued by this thread and now I am. I hope it's not for naught.
  • I'm sure you get the gist, but for those that don't, let's take a look at the possibilities... Say in late Sept/early Oct, Rovio releases Angry Birds Space 1.3.5 with the last 10 levels of Red Planet. They also make future levels of DZ downloadable if it's been bought. However, no new levels for Danger Zone at that time. Then, a week later, when you open up Angry Birds Space, either a message indicating Danger Zone levels have been downloaded (a la Daily Space Eagle) or it they just rely on people noticing a new 90/180 stars on Danger Zone as the means to let you know there is new content...in other words, 30 new levels were downloaded. (or whatever number they have, but the stars would be adjusted accordingly). They may even release another pack the following month. Then when version 1.4 is released, those two packs are incorporated into the game as integral levels for Danger Zone (much like the advent levels are in Seasons), and then we are ready for another pack sometime in the future...that way, they don't have to rely on a new release for those that didn't purchase Danger Zone.
  • would be unfair if there comes no update! cause for 79c you got hundreds of levels in the other apps! (abo, abs, abr) and i was kinda expecting an update! very unusual for rovio to take 79 c for 30 levels and bring no update!!!
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!