Seniors on Angry Birds Nest Page 6
  • 1086 Comments
  • @hunnybunny - the worst is walking along the road and seeing a grumpy old woman coming towards you and thinking "lighten up"and then realising its your own reflection in a plate glass window!
  • @burpie, thanks for the chuckle, "get off our lawn"...hee hee hee!
  • @Jim, did you put your name in your avatar, or did that "just happen"? I've seen a few other avatars with the member's name, and am curious.
  • @bpc
    So far I haven't picked an avatar. I don't see my name on it - is it there?
  • @BPC
    My wife did that - I couldn't handle it.
    Me in 1934.
  • @Jim -- I like your avatar, can't nominate it for the best avatar contest until next month. Maybe someone else can. Have you checked out the groups yet? I think you're in the US, but no one will know for sure unless you join the members' map, not just the group, but give info on your approximate location.
    Does your wife play AB?
  • @BPC
    Washington DC
    She does, but not seriously.
    What are "the groups"?
  • @Jim --
    If you want to be on the members' map, you need to join the members' map group AND list your approximate location there. Washington DC is sufficient.
    Here's a link to the list of all groups.
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/groups/
    You can find them under Community / All Groups on the gold bar at the top of the page.
    If you join some groups, you can access them through the drop-down menu under your name at the right of the gold bar. They appear under the groups tab on your profile page.
  • @mumsie42, now I definitely know I'm getting old...I had the same thing happen to me with the reflection, but being an argumentative person, I stopped to argue with it.
  • @Mumsie, who won depends on how @WereWolf69 used language. Here's what I mean:
    Twisted English:

We'll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes,
    but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes.
    One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,
    yet the plural of moose should never be meese.
    You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice,
    yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.

If the plural of man is always called men,
    why shouldn't the plural of pan be called pen?
    If I spoke of my foot and show you my feet,
    and I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
    If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,
    why shouldn't the plural of booth be called beeth?

Then one may be that, and three would be those,
    yet hat in the plural would never be hose,
    and the plural of cat is cats, not cose.
    We speak of a brother and also of brethren,
    but though we say mother, we never say methren.

Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,
    but imagine the feminine, she, shis and shim.

Some reasons to be grateful if you grew up speaking English:

1] The bandage was wound around the wound.
    2] The farm was used to produce produce.
    3] The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
    4] We must polish the Polish furniture.
    5] He could lead if he would get the lead out.
    6] The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
    7] Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was
    time to present the present.
    8] At the Army base, a bass was painted on the head of
    a bass drum.
    9] When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
    10] I did not object to the object.
    11] The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
    12] There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
    13] They were too close to the door to close it.
    14] The buck does funny things when the does are present.
    15] A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
    16] To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
    17] The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18] After a number of Novocain injections, my jaw got number.
    19] Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
    20] I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
    21] How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
    22] I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt.

Screwy pronunciations can mess up your mind! For example...
    If you have a rough cough, climbing can be tough when
    going through the bough on a tree!

Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in
    eggplant nor ham in hamburger, neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
    English muffins weren't invented in England. We take English
    for granted.

But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can
    work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is
    neither from Guinea nor is it a pig. And why is it that writers
    write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers
    don't ham?

Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not
    one amend?

If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but
    one of them, what do you call it?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Sometimes I think all the folks who grew up speaking English
    should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane.

In what language do people recite at a play and play at a
    recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses
    that run and feet that smell? How can a slim chance and
    a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wiseguy
    are opposites?

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in
    which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you
    fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm goes off
    by going on.

If Dad is Pop, how's come Mom isn't Mop?

hmmmm...on second thought his reflection probably didn't even listen!
  • And then there's cricket:
    You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
    Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.
    When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
    Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
    When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
    There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
    When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
    Weird this British way of life (can't say English, coming from Wales)
    Any Seniors watching IPL?
  • @hunnybunny -- No wonder only the British understand cricket.
  • @mumsie42, neither of us won the argument...my imaginary friend stepped in and settled it by calling a truce.
    @birdaddict, Only in The United States could there be so much confusion in the art of communication, I haven't stopped laughing yet and I can't find my dentures anywhere.
    @hunnybunny, all that would probably make sense to the ale tankard filled Welsh fanatics while the rest of us stand around with a blank look in our faces, I loved it!
  • Oh wow! Can't see keyboard for laughing! Luckily I feel much better so a fit of coughing did not ensue! Thanks!
  • @Hunnybunny that makes perfect nonsense to me! LOL To make matters more confusing cricket uses two on-field umpires, one off-field umpire and a code of conduct referee to make sure the players are "on the ball"!
  • @birdaddict & @hunnybunny, I'm sure that you all remember Abbot & Costello, they had a skit (of which I have a copy on .AVI) titled "Who's on First" that's just as hilarious now as it was 70 years ago...both of your posts reminded me of it.
  • Find it amazing that so many 'young people' want to spend time with us older, wiser(?) members of the nest! I met Brian Epstein once (used to manage The Beatles) and my hubby turned down the Beatles offer to play at his youth club cos they were more expensive than Gerry & the Pacemakers!
  • Odd - I posted the above in response to a number of comments from teenagers and @hinarei but when I posted it all the comments disappeared - is this yet another sign of early senility???
  • @mumsie, they're all at parties getting wasted (it's the weekend), while we seniors are at home puttering around doing a lot and accomplishing nothing.
  • Great job you did there @mvnla2 finding Who's on first, although I have it, I watched it anyway, I never get tired of that skit...as far as I'm concerned, it's World Class!!!

• A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask
    over his mouth and nose. A young student nurse appears and gives him a
    partial sponge bath.
    Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testicles black?"

Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only
    here to wash your upper body and feet."

He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my
    testicles black?"
    Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from
    worrying about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and
    pulls back the covers.
    She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testicles
    gently in the other.

She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them".

The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very
    slowly, "Thank you very much. That was...wonderful. Now listen very,
    very closely:

Are - my - test - results - back?"
  • ha, ha - @birdaddict you made me blushing for that poor young nurse. Good one!
  • @birdaddict Very Funny :-D
  • OMG, I have finally figured out what's wrong with my brain: On the left side, there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left!
  • @birdaddict, another English language odds joke, great!
  • HAHAAHAHAAHAAHAA @Bird-addict I see you are at it again!!! :D you and @mumsie42 and now @hunnybunny!! Bunch of loons!! :D
  • A lawyer and a senior citizen are sitting next
    to each other on a long flight.
    The lawyer is thinking that seniors are so dumb
    that he could get one over on them easily.

So, the lawyer asks if the senior
    would like to play a fun game.
    The senior is tired and just wants to take a nap,
    so he politely declines and tries to catch a few winks.

The lawyer persists, saying that the game is a lot of fun....
    "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer,
    you pay me only $5.00.
    Then you ask me one,
    and if I don't know the answer,
    I will pay you $500.00," he says.

This catches the senior's attention and,
    to keep the lawyer quiet, he agrees to play the game.
    The lawyer asks the first question.
    "What's the distance from the Earth to the Moon?"
    The senior doesn't say a word,
    but reaches into his pocket,
    pulls out a five-dollar bill,
    and hands it to the lawyer.

Now, it's the senior's turn.
    He asks the lawyer,
    "What goes up a hill with three legs,
    and comes down with four?"
    The lawyer uses his laptop to search all references
    he can find on the Net.
    He sends E-mails to all the smart friends he knows;
    all to no avail.
    After an hour of searching, he finally gives up.
    He wakes the senior and hands him $500.00.
    The senior pockets the $500.00
    and goes right back to sleep.

The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer.
    He wakes the senior up and asks,
    "Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs
    and comes down with four?"

The senior reaches into his pocket,
    hands the lawyer $5.00, and goes back to sleep.
  • Keep em coming you loon!!! :D No wonder everyone heads over here!! Next to BP it's the happening place!!! WAHAHAHAAAHA must run and share with the "older folks!!" ;D Hahahahaaaaha
  • Birdaddict, where do you find these? I love the student nurse one!!! ;D
  • A middle aged woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. While on the operating table she had a near death experience. Seeing God she asked "Is my time up?" God said, "No, you have another 40 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."

Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a facelift, liposuction, and a tummy tuck. She even had someone come in and change her hair colour. Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as well make the most of it. After her last operation, she was released from the hospital.

While crossing the street on her way home, she was killed by an ambulance. Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 40 years" Why didn't you pull me out of the path of the ambulance?"

God replied, "I didn't recognize you"
  • @mumsie42, @birdaddict, hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!. Wow, who would have thought that you two are great comediennes.
  • Tom Collins is a respectable and well known attorney and one day he happens to be at Coney Island and puts a Nickel in a Fortune telling weight scale, lights start going on and off, bells start ringing and out comes a little card with a message on it, so the attorney picks up the card and reads it ( Your name is Tom Collins, you're an attorney, you weigh 185 lbs and tomorrow at 3:06 PM Death will be coming for you.)

Tom gets all flustered up in disbelief, so he goes into a nearby barber shop and has his beard shaved off, then goes back to the scale puts in a nickel and after all the lights and bells a card comes out and reads ( Your name is Tom Collins, you're an attorney, you weigh 185 lbs, you just had your beard shaved and tomorrow at 3:06 PM Death will be coming for you.)

Again Tom goes to the barber shop and has his hair dyed black, then goes back to the scale puts in a nickel and after all the lights and bells a card comes out and reads ( Your name is Tom Collins, you're an attorney, you weigh 185 lbs, you just had your beard shaved, hair dyed black and tomorrow at 3:06 PM Death will be coming for you.)

Tom is now very worried and sad, so he goes home shaves his head to a shiny dome and tries to go to sleep, of course his nerves are so shattered that he hardly sleeps at all and the next day decides to dress like a Bum and get drunk, thinking that perhaps Death won't recognize him, but just to see if it works he goes back to the scale at Coney Island. puts in a nickel and after all the lights and bells out comes a card that reads ( You weigh 185 lbs.)

Tom is elated with joy 'cause he managed to fool the machine, so he decides to spend the rest of the day at a Billiards hall playing pool. Then at exactly 3:06 PM Death arrives but can't seem to locate the attorney anywhere, so he looks around, sees a bunch of young men and a drunk bum playing pool, so Death seeing that he can't locate the attorney decided to take the bum instead.
  • Hey! I knew that guy!!!
  • This blind man was going for a stroll with his seeing-eye dog and after walking a few blocks the dog lifts up his leg and pees on the man's leg, the man then takes a doggy treat out of his pocket and is about to give it to his dog when a bystander walks over and asks, your dog just peed on you and you're going to reward him with a treat? The man replies, reward him? No Sir, I'm just trying to find out where his mouth is so I can give him a swift kick on the butt!
  • @mumsie very good!!! When are you and @birdaddict going on the road!! ;D
  • A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his torch around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, ”Jesus is watching you.”
    He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his torch out and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a holiday after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables.
    Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, ”Jesus is watching you!”
    Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his torch beam came to rest on a parrot.
    ”Did you say that?” He hissed at the parrot. ”Yep,” the parrot confessed, then squawked, ”I’m just trying to warn you.”
    The burglar relaxed. ”Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?”
    ”Moses,” replied the bird.
    ”Moses?”, the burglar laughed. ”What kind of people would name a bird Moses.”
    ”The kind of people that would name a Rottweiler Jesus.”
  • An Island native goes to the village drugstore and tells the clerk, Big Chief not poop, so, says the clerk, Big Chief's a little constipated today, ok, have him take this pill tonight and let me know tomorrow how it went...The native leaves and the next day he's back at the drugstore and the clerk asks him, how's the Chief today? The native replies, Big Chief not poop yet, so the clerk goes into his lab and starts preparing a concoction for the Chief which he hands to the native and says, tell Big Chief to drink this bottle of medicine tonight right after Supper and by tomorrow all should be fine, the native leaves and early the next morning he's back at the drugstore, so the clerk looking dumbfounded asks him, Big Chief's still having problems?? So the native all teary eyed replies, Big, Big Poop, no more Chief!!
  • An Aborigine from the Outback goes to the Big City to visit his Uncle, then after the Uncle picks him up at the Airport, they drive over to the condo where he lives and, as they're walking into the building the Uncle tells his Nephew to go call the elevator while he gets his mail, so off goes the Nephew yelling ELEVATOR! ELEVATOR! So the Uncle tells him, No, Not like that, quietly, use the button, the Nephew, looking perplexed grabs one of his shirt buttons and softly whispers elevator, elevator............
  • @mumsie42, Hahahahahaha! that's one heck of a vocabulary enhanced parrot!!!
  • It's the year 2077, contact has been established with beings from another star system, so they decide that the best course of action before anything else, is to have cultural interaction at a halfway point between their World and Planet Earth.

After a voyage lasting about a year, the Ambassadors from Earth arrive at the halfway point and contact the Alien ship to try and establish the best means of accomplishing their mission, it's finally decided that the best way would be to have a wife swap meeting.

That evening (star time) a woman departs from the Earth ship towards the Alien ship, and the Alien ship does likewise, once there at the Alien ship the woman from Earth is taken on a tour of the ship and shown all the technical and medical advances accomplished by them and then after dinner & drinks the Alien man takes the Earth woman to his chambers to start the "cultural interaction".

The alien disrobes and where his "manhood" should be, instead is a little ½ inch stub, the Earth woman starts laughing uncontrollably and asks "is that all you got?" then the Alien tells her to wait a moment, he taps his nose and his manhood increases to 5½ inches, she looks at it still laughing and says "that's like my husband's" I was expecting more, so the Alien tells her to wait again, then he twists both his ears and his manhood increases to 10½ inches, At that, the Earth woman starts screaming "WoooHooooo!!!" and jumps into bed with him.

Back on the Earth ship the next morning, the husband and wife get together again and he asks her, so, how did it go last night? to which she replies, Oh boy, what a glorious and fun filled night I had. Then she asks him the same question, to which he replied, I don't know what's wrong with those Alien women, she spent the whole night tapping my nose and twisting my ears...

• Ha ha ha ha ha, @werewolf I've never heard any of those, do you write them?
  • A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, sent the email.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, Texas, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister who was called home to glory following a heart attack. The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted.

The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife

Subject: I've Arrived

Date: October 16, 2004

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing
    you then!

Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here!
  • @birdaddict, that was Fantabulous!!!...I can't keep laughing like this, my dentures keep popping out.

A lot of the jokes I write are committed to memory from long ago, and some I hear from friends or read in magazines.
  • @werewolf69 that last joke was FUNNY!! :D

@Bird-addict as always too funny for words!! Just as I said above every night I hop over to the folks and tell em the latest jokes and both of you with these last two had them rolling!!

Thanks!!! :D
  • @werewolf69 @bird_addict @mumsie42 Bravo peeps....Bravo! VERY funny reading from you all! Birdaddict & mumsie I echo @sunshines thoughts,when are you taking your show on the road? :-D
  • AAADD- KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.
    Somehow I feel better, even though I have it!!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
    This is how it manifests itself:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I head towards the garage,I notice mail on the porch table that I picked up from the post man earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table,put the junk mail in the recycling box under the table, and notice that the recycling box is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the recycling first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the postbox when I take out the recycling paper anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, and notice that there is only one cheque left.

My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the cup of coffee I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the coffee aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The coffee is getting cold, and I decide to make another cup.

As I head toward the kitchen with the cold coffee, a vase of flowers on the worktop catches my eye - the flowers need water.

I put the coffee on the worktop and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I put the glasses back down on the worktop, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote control. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I put the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The car isn't washed

The bills aren't paid

There is a cold cup of coffee sitting on the counter

The flowers don't have enough water,

There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

And I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really
    baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it,
    but first I'll check my e-mail....

Do me a favour.
    Forward this message to everyone you know, Because I don't remember who the
    hell I've sent it to.

Don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!
  • @mumsie Seriously.....this the last time I'm saying this.......stop sending me this joke ;)
  • @mumsie42, That's hilarious, but, there's another name for that, it's called AMS or Absent Minded Senility. Instead of fretting so much, think of it with a more positive attitude...You're getting all that exercise and workout without spending a cent at the Gym!
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!