Seniors on Angry Birds Nest Page 5
  • 1086 Comments
  • @WereWof69 - I'll have to hunt up your other jokes; I can always use a laugh.

And don't think that I didn't notice your attempt to be a bit naughty. Which you do fairly often, I suspect. :-)

However, Innuendo is a potentially dangerous tool, and you should be careful about wielding it among people (for all the grief @mvnla2 gives me about still being a youngster) who are generally Old Enough to Know Better.

Because in my experience, whether they intend to or not, and no matter how much we love and appreciate them, and how truly wonderful they are, one of the biggest things most husbands give their wives, is: a headache.

Notice I'm being very lady-like and not using a more vulgar acronym for a person who causes aggravation. For the benefit of the more delicate, sensitive ears of of other Junior Seniors who have joined the conversation.

Sorry @mvnla2 -- can't help giving your feathers an affectionate ruffle! Besides, you Senior Seniors have a responsibility to share your Wisdom with us Junior Seniors, don't you think?

[Ha! I had to edit this post because I originally wrote "sensitive years" instead of "sensitive ears". Not sure my accidental version isn't better...]
  • @junkenmetel, At my age it's no longer considered "being naughty", it's actually more along the lines of "being senile".

What would life be like without "Innuendo"?......BORING, that's what!

I strive to appreciate life with a sense of humor, otherwise I would have turned into a raging neanderthal maniac years ago. You know what I tell my wife when she has a headache? Take 2 Tylenols and see you in the morning.

I can certainly appreciate your being very lady-like, but when my wife does it, I run for the hills very very fast.

BTW, @mvnla2 is one of the nicest people I've chatted with here, and she has a great sense of humor as well. I'm proud to call her my friend.

I just read further up where you say you're only 52, for Christ's sakes, you're just a teenager from my point of view.

• I just turned 68 and play AB some version daily and love it!
  • Hello fellow seniors. I am 61. Games are hot, and this one is great. Actually, I cannot play 3-D games because they make me motion sick, but this one does not. I used to have to take Dramamine to play Quake in the olden days.
  • BTW, today I am number 126 on the Bad Piggies board (original AB). But I still haven't reached score addict. Does anyone know how high your score has to be to reach score addict level in Bad Piggies?
  • Hey, @wandak, there is no Score Addict for ABo Bad Piggies, as it is the newest episode, and Angry Birds ran out of GameCenter room for achievements after Mine and Dine, good going on #126:)
  • A RETIREE'S LAST TRIP TO WAL-MART
    Yesterday, I was at my local Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Jake, the Wonder Dog and was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
    What did she think I had--- an elephant?
    So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds, before I awakened in an Intensive Care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.
    I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is
    nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)
    Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stopped to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me.
    I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.
    Wal-Mart won't let me shop there anymore. Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of crazy things to say.
    Forward this (especially) to all your retired friends...it will be their laugh for the day!
  • @birdaddict I had really unpleasent experience few days ago. M ysister, who is 31 had one year old boy. She was in visit and realized that she didn't get any diappers with her. I went out to the nearest shop and take a package of Pampers. Young man on cashier asked me if they were mine. Obviously I am way to old to buy baby diappers. I supose if had incontination towels he wouldn't ask.
  • @birdaddict, too funny, I'm not retired, quite the opposite in fact, but it was definitley my laugh for the day:D
  • @Birdaddict -- Priceless! Only thing better would be if you'd gone today.
  • @birdaddict the is too funny!!!! That sounds like something my husband would say. He did something similar, but your story is much funnier!!!!! :D
  • @birdaddict, that's gotta be the funniest real life story I've ever heard, you should try to get it published on Reader's Digest, I'm sure a lot of other people are going to eject their dentures from laughing so hard (as I did).
  • Okay, I have to confess, after I stopped laughing from @birdaddict story, I told my husband it...I said does this sound familiar ??? He has done the samething countless times. I just go along for the ride, I'm his straight man....it's unbelievable how people buy into the stories, and think the tails are true. @birdaddict I agree with @werewolf, you should try to get it published!!!
  • So, There are more than 60 % seniors on AngryBirdsNest :-D
    I'am 17. I am youngest one here ? Is Someone younger than me ?
  • @Aman @AngerManagement -- You have to be 13 or older to be a registered member. If you are younger than 13 you can view the site. Please do not start a forum for teens. There have been a number of problems with such forums. The most serious is that some teens have not been careful enough about not revealing personal information. Remember that anyone in the world can read anything you post on this site. After the most recent incident, I moved the members' map locations of anyone I knew was a teen so they did not identify the correct city. The admins do everything they can to keep teens safe (including deleting entire forums and individual posts), and quite a few of the adults try to keep an eye out, but fixing things after the fact is a very poor second.
  • Thanks, @mvnla2, I am not going to release any personal information;)
  • We have a new most senior senior! And a very high scoring one to boot! I left him a link to this thread, hopefully he will be popping in.
  • @Jim @whoosher Hope you manage to find your way here. I think you are the most senior senior who's stated their age. Congrats!
  • @Aman, you young 'uns are always in the wrong place, when I was 17 there were only 2 things one could do, either stay home and be a good little mama's boy or go out and raise some ruckus and have lots of fun doing it, I opted for the latter.
  • @mvnla2 Okay, I will not reveal personal information here :-)
  • @WereWolf69 :-)
    We are Not in wrong place. I am a big AB Fan. That was why I decided to join ABN.
  • @Aman -- I think what WereWolf was saying is that you ought to be enjoying real life instead of spending so much time on AB and ABN.
  • @WereWolf69 -- Thanks for suggestion WereWolf. But I'm now addicted to ABN like Facebook & twitter :-D
  • Actually @Aman, you're sort of in the wrong place, this is "Seniors on Angry Birds Nest", not Seniors as in High School, instead, "Seniors" as in older, graying hair, receding hairlines, false dentures, arthritis pains, cane walking, wrinkled and speckled skin, ensure drinking.............I think you get the idea by now.
  • Our Most Senior Senior, @Jim, is doing his best to access the forum, apparently a technical issue with his account. It should be resolved now, so he should be checking in soon.

Too funny @Werewolf69 :)
  • I may hold the record. I'm 86.First video game was Pong. Anybody remember that?
  • @Jim -- Welcome! Glad you found your way here, and you problem with access wasn't even your lack of knowledge.
    As for the record -- You've got it as far as anyone who has declared their age is concerned! Congrats! Not to mention I hear you're a pretty good player.
    There is a separate forum on first computer game you ever played. Lots of people played Pong, but you could easily have been the oldest when you started. : )
  • @Jim, you made it!

I certainly remember Pong, but I never played, along with just about every other game. I have never been much interested in computer games, but somehow I managed to become addicted to Angry Birds. I cringe to think how many hours I have spent on it since last summer! It is Spring now, and my garden needs serious attention... I should probably lock this iPad up for a while!
  • Yes I made it thanks to you BPC and Slim. Pong came along in my forties I think. There were also some primitive games on DEC PDP computers. Bombing runs and things like that. Very dim memories of those early computer days.
  • I was in high school when Pong came out in the 70s. Lol, everything about that decade is a blurr!
  • For some reason, I have clearer memories of the sixties... hmmm....
  • Oh my! I just saw a comment in B & R by @mvnla2 and had to rush over here to see the comments on my Wal-Mart post. I. Glad I made so many of you laugh :D but I have to clear one thing up...that never happened to me. It's a joke that i copied from my email. I even forgot to delete the "forward this...". But it made me laugh so hard I just wanted to share it and what better place than AB for Seniors? Maybe I found it so funny because it is something I would do. My mom still remembers all the "tall tales" I would tell my younger brother and sister. You can't believe how knowledgeable I was (when they were too young to realize I was giving them a total falsehood). Oh yeah, I've come up with some whoppers but the dog food story isn't mine. But a big THANKS to all who added their name to my truffle shuffle nomination - I really appreciate that. I'll be sure to post again when I come across another good one :D

@Cosmo2503 you didn't tell us what you told the cashier. I probably would have said something glib like, "oh yes, so much easier than doing laundry" as I grabbed my bag to leave.

@Sunshine I'd love to go among the unsuspecting public, with your husband. With you as our straight man we'd have a ball! Lol Certainly a poker face is essential as you weave outrageous stories!

@Jim congratulations and welcome to ABN, the happiest place on earth - Disneylands' got nothing on us!
  • @bird-addict anytime you want to come along, you are more then welcome. His mind is like a fertile field, that has rested for two growing seasons.People say I'm Saint...I don't know, I just think he's funny...that's a good thing!! ;)
  • @aeshlog -- Welcome to ABN! Hope you explore some more and be sure to stop by the Bloated Pig forum.
    You didn't mention whether you are a senior AB fan. Senior as in over 40 years old (well, according to cosmo). The older the better; a lot of us think 40 is the start of middle-age.
  • I see that a number of Seniors, including you @Jim!, and others do not have an avatar. Just wanted to point out/remind that avatars for the forum can be created at http://en.gravatar.com/. So much nicer than a gray box!
  • Hi @jim - welcome! It's lovely to have someone who makes me feel young!
  • The Perks of Being 50+
    In a kidnap situation, the kidnappers are not interested in you.
    In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
    No one expects you to run - anywhere.
    People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
    People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
    There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
    Things you buy now won't wear out.
    You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
    You enjoy hearing about other peoples' operations.
    You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
    You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
    You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
    You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
    You sing along with elevator music.
    Your eyes won't get much worse.
    Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
    Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
    Your secrets are safe with your friends, because they can't remember them either.
    Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
    You can't remember who sent you this list.

• @ohforfive, @Bird-addict and @mumsie42 Thank you for the laughs!! Haven't been here in a long while and what a great page to pop in again!! Shared your jokes with my parents who (lucky devils!) are indeed recepients of senior discounts, AARP and Medicare!! They were rolling with laughter so you sent them off to sleep with a smile!! Thanks for that!! And before @mvnla2 gives me a hard time for popping in here, well hey I don't know exactly how old I am! I started losing count in my early thirties so for all I know I may be a senior?! And lately I have gotten notices in the mail for both AARP and Medicare so maybe I am a senior and don't know it? I mean why would they send me that stuff if I didn't qualify............
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @{deleted user} -- By no means are the youngest, even among those who have popped in here.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @birdaddict unfortunatelly rude questions and comments mostly leave me speachless, I couldn't think any smart reply so I just said it was mine.
    @kimmiecv you and @kathy are misterious. I could never guess kathy's nor yours age, it seems you are some 10 years older then I thought. First I thought you are in your early twenties (as I missunderstand your location I thought you must be American student in Italy). As for Kathy I thought she is tudent in Boston on some of universities there.
  • @{deleted user} and other young and teens I really don't understand what draws you to open thread for seniors.
  • Yeah @{deleted user}, get off our lawn! ;-)
  • I'm 52, and have all those afflictions that someone above mentioned!
  • And a comforting thought for all my senior friends:
    When you get up tomorrow, at some stage in the morning I guarantee that you'll have to look in a magnifying mirror. Shaving, putting on the slap, putting in your contact lenses, whatever, just can't be done with "senior" eyes alone.
    And then you see the wrinkles, the broken veins, the saggy bits that went south for the winter and never came back, the open pores. "OMG" you think.
    Just remember, everyone under thirty, with their 20/20 vision, sees you like that all the time.
  • @Hunnybunny -- What a frightening thought! Fortunately I don't have a magnifying mirror! And my eyes do a great job of fuzzing what few lines I have. ; )
  • Amazing what lens replacement can do for old eyes.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!