Seniors on Angry Birds Nest Page 4
  • 1086 Comments
  • @Tedthetoc - you go guy! Keep on truckin'!
    Those are not "hours I have wasted". If you enjoy it it's worth doing.
  • @dmsral -- This is it. Care to join?
  • Oh my!! HaaHaaa! I've been avoiding this forum as much as ABA......something about being in "the Nile"?......mmmm nope that's not the word,it'll come back to me;) However I've sneaked in & loved reading through all these very funny & often eye opening posts! I had a big birthday last year that I was frankly dreading & to be honest had friends & family wondering if I'd actually make it to;) To ease me into that terrible day I was presented with this!! http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/jlz-666/album/picture/930/
    So you can understand my reluctance to be called a "senior" I think even the cake designer was shocked to discover it was for a fort......no sorry I'm still in the Nile! I mean what is a grown(up), sometimes sensible woman doing with an Angry Birds cake? in fact why are some members here collectors of fluffy birdie toys? I now understand the saying "you're as young as you feel" I only thought Oldies said that.....I'll always be 21....no,wait..shoot, its now 39! How did that happen? I've played AB everyday for 2 years 8mnths!! Yeah I know right? If I know the dates I should be in ABA:) I'm also putting the blame for my slightly blurry eyesight firmly at the door of the game & nothing else;) So thank you @cosmo2503 for this lovely forum & I now know I can come here if I'm feeling all of my 39+ years & be one of the young ones HaaHaaaa!! Ewwwww I'm going to get into trouble for that one ;)!!
  • @JLZ666 -- It sounds like your real age doesn't even qualify you as a senior. Be sure you enjoy every day until senior-hood strikes.
  • Well this is better than being carded whilst trying to buy alcohol;) good to hear 40 doesn't qualify as a senior! I shall endeavour to return when another year has passed but until then I will indeed continue to enjoy the pleasures of being a "junior" ;D
  • Just found my way back here! No not a sign of old age - I've never known where anywhere is- and I forgot to bookmark it. @cosmo2503 you've surely started something here.
    Are you guys & gals on the Members map?
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/groups/abn-members-map/
    I like to know what time zone my friends are in!

And do popinto the Bloated Pig for a drink - it's open 24/7 which means if you can't sleep the odds are there will be someone to chat to and the food is great! e.g.Peanut Butter & Bacon Cupcakes And the Sunuppers are fantastic.
    Well time to do something - not sure what - golf course is closed so it'll have to be housework - or mayb e today's challenge!
  • Oh golf course is now open - off to paddle round it!
  • @JLZ666 -- You mean you're not even 40 yet? If so you have more like 20 or 25 years until seniorhood. Enjoy your childhood! : )
  • @mvnla2 Ummmmmm I'm 40 and a half LOL but I'll stick to being a junior if that's what you want? You'll get no argument from me or any of the other 40 somethings on the site;)
  • @JLZ666 just think together with angryboy you bring the average age of this discussion way down! So, speaking for myself, stay in this discussion forever!
  • HaaHaa @mumsie! I've never had to fight to prove my age so much in a long time!! *sighh* Alas I don't belong here but you can definitely keep a hold of @ab as he has far more years to beat down the average than I do!!
  • @jlz666 love the birthday cake!
  • Hi to all! As I started this thread I follow it regulary, you people are wonderful and it is my pleasure to find that people of every age enjoy playing. But...none of my real life friends play AB, though I know a lot of my male 20-something, 30-something and 40-something collegues that are addicted to game and spend whole free time on playing.
    @JLZ - forever 39, that's cool - I love AB cake. You know what they said "40s are new 20s" to be honest I feel better now then back in my tweenties but my tweenties were not filled with happy memories as they were during wartime in Sarajevo. I also absolutely love your avatar.
  • Thank you @bird addict @cosmo! The cake was a surprise from my husband :) He knew I wouldn't have appreciated having 40 on the top! Cosmo,like you none of my friends or family play AB.....well actually my friends hubby has it & when we get together he normally throws the phone at me to get him through the next level lol!! I also have to agree with you about feeling better at this age. I'm probably healthier & fitter than I was in my 20/30's I definitely put more effort into looking after myself now. I can absolutely understand why you don't want to look back on that awful time so here's to looking forward:)Thank you also for commenting on my avatar:) I always use black cats as I have 2 of my own. In fact I've a few avatar pics lined up so I'll be changing soon!
  • While in no way do I consider myself a "senior" I will admit to you, my ABN friends that while Christmas shopping this past December I accepted a senior's discount at a store for being over 50.

So, I suppose full and fair disclosure means I need to divulge the number, right?

Any guesses?

OK, I am proud to admit to being 59.
  • @PourPete -- As far as ABN seniors go, you're barely middle-aged. Not to mention if you know how old you are, you aren't really a senior. I for one, have trouble figuring out how old I am, because I can never believe the answer, even if I've done the math several times and always gotten the same answer.
    So enjoy your youth while you have it!
  • @mvnla2 I guess you're right, as long as I remembered "the number" correctly. ;-)
  • Glad to hear that I am not the only senior that plays Angry Birds. My grandson (age 12 at the time) got me hooked on the game. On my 72 birthday this past November, he got me an Angry Birds T-Shirt. I have three stars in all levels (episodes) to include bonus levels; all 60 achievements; all golden eggs with a star for each; and 243 feathers. My total score not counting Surf and Turf is 35,563,900; and my ranking is currently 129. If you eliminate all the cheaters with ridicules high scores, I probably would be ranked in the forties. Not bad for a old man trying to keep his mind sharp.

ColBob
  • Thanks for caring about my welfare, @mvnla2, I have deleted the part where it says my age, I can see where you are coming from;)
  • @AngerManagement, @Gagalover -- The minimum age requirement for being an AngryBirdsNest member is 13. (See the privacy policy at bottom of page.) So gagalover, I hope you aren't really 9. There are several 14-yr olds and probably some 13's; hopefully no one younger than that.
    Also, AngerManagement -- This forum topic is Seniors on ABN, not juniors. There used to be a forum on Teens on ABN (or something similar), but it was deleted by the admins, because some people were posting info that was too personal.
    Please remember that when you post personal info on ABN, you have told anyone in the world who cares to look. You do not need to be a member to read ABN posts. ABN is actually much more accessible than Facebook, where you get to choose your friends and choose privacy settings.
    IMHO, if you are teen on ABN, it is best not to state your age in public. There have been trolls on this site, and although they are promptly banned by admins, they can potentially get personal info while they are here.
  • @jlz666, if at xx+ you're carded for booze, we've got to meet.
  • @jlz-666 I love your new avatar too and I will nominate it in "avatar contest 2013" thread for February. That is really cool, nice work from @estar.
  • Well @werewolf69 it's been a while since I was carded in my own country as you're only asked if you look under 25 and believe me those days are gone;( It only seems to be when I visit the States where I guess either your alcohol laws are a whole lot tougher or you hire a hell of a lot of bad sighted bartenders ;) I have feeling the next time I visit their sight may have improved!
    Thank you @cosmo2503! I'll pop over to the contest forum later :D
  • I'm 66 and am an addicted birder! I love video games - all the Zeldas, Mario, some others. I've never been hooked on hitting the highest score. I go for perfection - all stars, feathers, whatever there is to collect. Love it!
  • @JLZ666 -- Maybe your hubby is tipping someone to card you? Has been known to happen.
    @Peeps -- Welcome to the nest. Stop by the Bloated Pig Forum for a free drink, and some conversation. Join the members' map group and map to see where the rest (or a least some) of us live.
    Uh -- What is the significance of your avatar?
  • It's a lazy summer evening at the Angry Mental Asylum and 2 patients decide to go for a stroll in the courtyard, while they're walking, one of the patients sees a flashlight laying on the grass, so he picks it up, turns it on and shines it straight up into the sky, then he says to the other patient, I'll bet you a hundred bucks you don't climb up the beam of light and touch the sky, to which the guy replies, what!! you think I'm crazy??, what if when I'm halfway up there, you turn off the flashlight.

@ohforfive
  • So, has anyone here heard the one about the sperm sample

An old man was given a jar and asked to provide a sperm sample for his doctor. The next day he returned with the empty jar and explained, "Well, doc, it's like this: First I tried with my right hand, then I tried with my left. I asked my wife to help. We even called up Arlene, the lady next door. Nothing."

The doctor was shocked. He said, "You asked your neighbor?"

"Yep," the old man replied. "None of us could get the jar open."

@werewolf69
  • Wow, that is brilliant, @ohforfive, can't stop laughing;)
  • Has anyone out there heard the one about The Old Man and The Key? No? Okay here goes, This old guy was going home after a night out at the Tavern and was at his doorstep trying to open the door, but try as he might the door wouldn't budge, just then a Policeman out on his beat sees the Old Man and asks if anything's wrong, and the Old Man who was also a little tipsy tells him that he can't get his door to open, the Policeman then shines his flashlight on the man's Hand and tells him that the reason he can't get his door to open is because he's trying to open it with a suppository, to which the Old Man replies, oh my god! Is that where I put my key???
  • I do, @werewolf69, the old man and the key is the best;)
  • @JunkenMetal -- 52 a senior? You've got to be kidding. Don't know that a lower age limit was ever established for this forum, since it was started by Cosmo for people over 40. IMHO 52 is the prime of middle age. But you are welcome to visit whenever you want. You are definitely too young to be thinking about relative old coot ratios, after all, you are as young as you feel, and talking about "senior moments" is a sure way to make yourself feel older than you are.
    BTW you have to include the 2 at the end of my name for me to get the notification. I think the 2 is explained on my profile page and in the forum on meaning of nicknames.
    Be sure to mingle more.
  • Of course, it would help if I spelled your name correctly. @JunkenMetel
  • Hi, I'm a measly 59, so young that I hardly have any arthritis in several of my fingers. I'm trying to addict my mother to AB, she's flung a few levels and has texted to ask how to get beyond the freebies. At almost 82 she must be in the running for oldest flinger..?
  • @bikkit -- The oldest ABN member who has revealed their age in this forum is @CrazyLadyBird at 78. So your mum could win the bragging rights for oldest if she joined and posted age in this forum. There are a couple of people whom I think are seniors and could be older, but they haven't revealed their ages.
  • @mvnla2 - See what I mean with the names thing? :-)

I still say being an old coot is all about attitude, and that it's important to start practicing early if you want to get it right. If really you work at it and can develop some finesse, "coot" behavior eventually turns into "cool" behavior.

For example, at the metalworking school studio where I take classes and do assistant teaching, I started slipping on a pair of drugstore reading glasses in front of my prescription glasses, because it was just simpler a lot of times than dealing with the higher-power, headache-inducing headband magnifiers we normally used. Of course, it looks a bit stupid to be wearing two pairs of glasses, and I took quite a bit of joshing about it, but I didn't care, because it was a better solution for classroom situations.

Well darned if I don't see about a third of the students in many of the workshops now doing the same thing.

My husband, who is four years older than I am, starting working at being an old coot well over a decade ago. For some of us, it's simply a lifestyle choice, not an age-related condition...

Now everyone practice with me: stand with one hand on your hip, punch your other fist threateningly in the air, and shout in a gravely voice: "You pigs stay out of my yard!"

@hinarei -- I agree with you about the universal appeal of Angry Birds. So rare to find something fun, engaging, and appropriately challenging for kids of all ages. I can't quite pin it down, but there's something about the innocence mixed with mischief, mixed up with healthy doses of silly and absurd that really works. Kind of like the very old Popeye cartoons, or Bullwinkle -- kids still found it funny, even though much of the humor was sophisticated and aimed at adults.

Not to mention the constantly refreshed "wow" factor; "wow" works at any age.
  • @JunkenMetel -- Sounds like your definition of "old coot" is pretty positive, and more like freedom to enjoy maturity and wisdom that comes with middle age. : )
  • Let's see... my 9 year old granddaughter loves AB, as do my husband and I, in our 50s, and so does my darling mother-in-law in her 80s... I think most people start out just trying to beat the levels, but as the 'addiction' takes hold they go back for more stars and higher scores.
  • @kpnanny -- You should get you mother-in-law to join ABN, or if she is already a member, post her age on this forum. Looks like she is older than @CrazyLadyBird, and might be older than @Bikkit's mum???
    I'm getting more curious about who is the oldest AB player and ABN member.
  • I'm a 54 year old grandmother and just got my Danger Addict badge and waiting for my Jedi Addict badge, needless to say I'm addicted. Since I'm eligible for AARP I guess you can call me a Senior.
  • @joey29 -- I expected you to be 29... But nonetheless, 54 is is the prime of life, IMHO. But your welcome to join us. Join us in the Bloated Pig forum for some relaxation.
    What is the lower age limit on AARP, anyway? 40???
  • @WereWolf69
    A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position.

As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats, and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?"

"Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."
  • @ohforfive -- That's really good!
  • @ohforfive, and here I thought my wife was complimenting me every time she called me an Alpha Male.
  • @ohforfive
    In the forest a Papa Rabbit is teaching his son the finer points of mating, and says to him, You must always be courteous and thank the ladies after each encounter...So off goes the young rabbit and starts, thank you Miss, thank you Miss, thank you Miss, thank you Miss, I'm Sorry Papa, thank you Miss, thank you Miss.........
  • @ohforfive
    A Horse walks into a Pub and asks the bartender for a Bloody Mary, the bartender completely dumbfounded 'cause a horse is asking for a Drink goes ahead and prepares the Bloody Mary, all the while staring and staring at the horse, finally he gives the drink to him, whereupon the horse gulps the whole drink and asks for another, which the bartender still in amazement makes and hands to him, finally, the horse asks the bartender, How much do I owe you? The bartender still staring at him says, that'll be $40.00, so the horse sticks his hoof in his saddle bag and pulls out 2 $20 bills and pays the bartender, then the bartender apologizes for staring so much because this is the first time he's ever seen a horse walk into a Pub asking for a drink, to which the horse replies, yeah, and it'll be the last time you see me too...What with the outrageous prices you charge here!
  • @mvnia2 , 29 is my favorite number, I'll check out the bloated pig and the minimum age to join AARP is 50.
  • I am 17.................... not senior not junior :-)
  • @mvnla2 - Sorry, I'm way behind in catching up with my forum posts.

Being an Old Coot is a proud and noble tradition (if you're into that kind of thing), and one should start practicing at a relatively early age to make sure you get it right. Kind of like retirement -- not working is really hard work, and you have to practice not working by working at working at other things way before you retire. A couple of decades, on and off, is usually good.

Also, thank you for pointing out that we are in the prime of our lives. Actually, I think if you're doing it right, you're always in the prime of your life, no matter what age you are. As always, I learn something new and important every day, most often from people I've never actually met. I shall take your encouraging words to heart -- thank you so much, my dear -- and refocus my energy on Right Now, and stuff If Only back into the closet where it belongs.

@ohforfive --Thanks for sharing that joke; it made me laugh. I'm going to have to share that with my husband, so we have a new set of shorthand code words to start up the giggles quicker when we both get into Idiot Stubborn mode.

@WereWolf69 -- If your wife is anything like many of us wives, you've probably been the recipient of many similar "compliments." Best to do what my own husband of 20+ years does: give her a big, genuine smile, say "thank you, my dear," and move right along...

Your joke is also an old classic; I've heard a variation where -- appropriately -- the "customer" is a pig!
  • @junkenmetel, I originally had the joke with the pig instead of the horse on Got any Jokes about Pigs, but decided to change the character this time around as well as the wording. I also have a couple more in Got any Jokes about Pigs, look 'em up, who knows? you may laugh some more!

BTW, I do give my wife something big besides the smile.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!