Seniors on Angry Birds Nest Page 22
  • 1086 Comments
  • Hi @Cosm2503 - just wondering how you are doing? Do try & us know - hope it is good news.
  • Yes @cosmo2503 hope you are doing well♡♡♡ miss you:(
  • homecontactsubmit a

The ghost?

There was this party in the woods and all of a sudden there was a down pour of thunder and rain, these two young guys ran for about 10 minutes in the pouring rain, finally reaching their car just as the rain let up. They jumped in the car, started it up and headed down the road, laughing and, of course, still drinking one beer after the other.
    All of a sudden an old man`s face appeared in the passenger window and tapped lightly on the window! The passenger screamed out, “eeeeekkk! Look at my window!!! There`s an old guy`s face there!” (Was this a ghost?!?!?!?) This old man kept knocking, so the driver said “well open the window a little and ask him what he wants!”
    So the passenger rolled his window down part way and said, scared out of his wits, “What do you want???”
    The old man softly replied, “you have any tobacco?”
    The passenger, terrified, looked at the driver and said, “He wants tobacco!”
    “Well offer him a cigarette! HURRY!!” the driver replies.
    So he fumbles around with the pack and hands the old man a cigarette and yells “Step on it!!!” rolling up the window in terror.
    Now going about 80 miles an hour, they calm down and they start laughing again, and the passenger says, “What do you think of that?”
    The driver says, “I don`t know? How could that be? I am going pretty fast?”
    Then all of a sudden AGAIN there is a knock on the window and there is the old man again. “Aaaaaaaaaaaaa, there he is again!”, the passenger yells.
    “Well see what he wants now!” yells back the driver.
    He rolls down the window a little ways and shakily says “Yes?”
    “Do you have a light?” the old man quietly asks.
    The driver throws a lighter out the window at him and rolls up the window and yells, “STEP ON IT!”
    They are now going about 100 miles an hour and still guzzling beer, trying to forget what they had just seen and heard, when all of a sudden again there is more knocking!
    “Oh my God! HE`S BACK!” He rolls down the window and screams out, “WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW?” in stark terror.
    The old man gently replies, “You want some help getting out of the mud?
  • @Kathy --Bizzarre, but funny!
  • @mvnla2 haha ikr I wasn't sure about that one but after a minute i thought it was kinda funny. .:/
  • Organic Vegetables

During a Coffee Break, two men were talking, “My wife asked me to buy ORGANIC vegetables from the market garden.” said the first man.
    “So were you able to find some?” the second man, asked.
    “Well when I got to the market, I asked the gardener, ‘These vegetables are for my wife. Have they been sprayed with any poisonous chemicals?’”
    The gardener said, “No, you’ll have to do that yourself.”
  • Getting lame ones lately haha.
  • An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned
    To her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike
    Up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
    The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total
    ... Stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
    "Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God,
    Or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
    "Okay," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask
    You a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same
    stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns
    out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
    The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence,
    thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."
    To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
    God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don't know shit?"
    And then she went back to reading her book.

I apologize if this was already posted - it was still sitting in my comment box.
  • @BirdAddict -- I don't remember seeing it, is sure is funny; so thanks!
  • Ahahah love it @bird-addict
  • A Blonde’s dream

A blonde keeps having the same weird dream, so she goes to her doctor.
    Doctor, “What is your dream about?”
    Blonde, “I am being chased by a vampire…”
    Doctor, “So, where are you in this dream?”
    Blonde, “I am running in a hallway.”
    Doctor, “Then what happens?”
    Blonde, “Well, that’s the weird thing. In every single dream, the same thing happens. I always come to a door, but I can’t open it. I keep pushing the door and pushing the door, but it won’t budge!”
    Doctor, “Does the door have any letters on it?”
    Blonde, “Yes.”
    Doctor, “And what do these letter spell?”
    Blonde, “P.. U… L… L…”
  • Ok this is long but it had me ROFLMAO! I hope it does the same for some of you!! :)

This is an actual letter: State of Pennsylvania 's letter to Mr. DeVries:

Dear Mr. DeVries:

It has come to the attention of the Department of Environmental Quality that there has been recent unauthorized activity on the above referenced parcel of property. You have been certified as the legal landowner and/or contractor who did the following unauthorized activity:

Construction and maintenance of two wood debris dams across the outlet stream of Spring Pond.

A permit must be issued prior to the start of this type of activity. A review of the Department's files shows that no permits have been issued Therefore, the Department has determined that this activity is in violation of Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101 to 324.30113 of the Pennsylvania Compiled Laws, annotated.

The Department has been informed that one or both of the dams partially failed during a recent rain event, causing debris and flooding at downstream locations.. We find that dams of this nature are inherently hazardous and cannot be permitted.. The Department therefore orders you to cease and desist all activities at this location, and to restore the stream to a free-flow condition by removing all wood and brush forming the dams from the stream channel.. All restoration work shall be completed no later than January 31, 2013.

Please notify this office when the restoration has been completed so that a follow-up site inspection may be scheduled by our staff. Failure to comply with this request or any further unauthorized activity on the site may result in this case being referred for elevated enforcement action..

We anticipate and would appreciate your full cooperation in this matter. Please feel free to contact me at this office if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

David L. Price
    District Representative and Water Management Division.

Here is the actual response sent back by Mr. DeVries:

Dear Mr. Price,

Your certified letter dated 11/17/12 has been handed to me. I am the legal landowner but not the Contractor at 2088 Dagget Lane , Trout Run, Pennsylvania .

A couple of beavers are in the process of constructing and maintaining two wood 'debris' dams across the outlet stream of my Spring Pond. While I did not pay for, authorize, nor supervise their dam project, I think they would be highly offended that you call their skillful use of natures building materials 'debris.'

I would like to challenge your department to attempt to emulate their dam project any time and/or any place you choose. I believe I can safely state there is no way you could ever match their dam skills, their dam resourcefulness, their dam ingenuity, their dam persistence, their dam determination and/or their dam work ethic.

These are the beavers/contractors you are seeking. As to your request, I do not think the beavers are aware that they must first fill out a dam permit prior to the start of this type of dam activity.

My first dam question to you is:
    (1) Are you trying to discriminate against my Spring Pond Beavers, or
    (2) Do you require all beavers throughout this State to conform to said dam request?

If you are not discriminating against these particular beavers, through the Freedom of Information Act, I request completed copies of all those other applicable beaver dam permits that have been issued. (Perhaps we will see if there really is a dam violation of Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101 to 324.30113 of the Pennsylvania Compiled Laws, annotated.)

I have several dam concerns. My first dam concern is, aren't the beavers entitled to legal representation? The Spring Pond Beavers are financially destitute and are unable to pay for said representation -- so the State will have to provide them with a dam lawyer.

The Department's dam concern that either one or both of the dams failed during a recent rain event, causing flooding, is proof that this is a natural occurrence, which the Department is required to protect. In other words, we should leave the Spring Pond Beavers alone rather than harassing them and calling them dam names.

If you want the damed stream 'restored' to a dam free-flow condition please contact the beavers -- but if you are going to arrest them, they obviously did not pay any attention to your dam letter, they being unable to read English.

In my humble opinion, the Spring Pond Beavers have a right to build their unauthorized dams as long as the sky is blue, the grass is green and water flows downstream. They have more dam rights than I do to live and enjoy Spring Pond. If the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection lives up to its name, it should protect the natural resources (Beavers) and the environment (Beavers' Dams).

So, as far as the beavers and I are concerned, this dam case can be referred for more elevated enforcement action right now. Why wait until 1/31/2013? The Spring Pond Beavers may be under the dam ice by then and there will be no way for you or your dam staff to contact/harass them.

In conclusion, I would like to bring to your attention to a real environmental quality, health, problem in the area It is the bears! Bears are actually defecating in our woods. I definitely believe you should be persecuting the defecating bears and leave the beavers alone. If you are going to investigate the beaver dam, watch your dam step! The bears are not careful where they dump!

Being unable to comply with your dam request, and being unable to contact you on your dam answering machine, I am sending this response to your dam office.

THANK YOU,

RYAN DEVRIES & THE DAM BEAVERS
  • Estate planning:

Leroy was a single guy living at home with his father and working in the family business. When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune once his sickly father died, he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune.

One evening at an investment meeting, he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away.

"I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, "but in just a few years, my father will die, and I'll inherit 20 million dollars."

Impressed, the woman obtained his business card.

Three days later, she became his stepmother.

Women are so much better at estate planning than men
  • Ok those are all the ones I could safely post!! :) hahaaa had them sitting there waiting until I could get back into the nest, for those of you who get notifications ummm Surprise!! *Snicker*
  • You got me with that last one @Kimmie. It's a classic. But I didn't see it coming the way you told it. ROTFLMAO
  • *Snicker* Glad it got you @rat! :D Still like the beaver dam one the best, Kinda scary but not surprising the idiots couldn't figure out it was the work of beavers?! Anyone working with the "environment" ought to know it when the see a dam beaver dam!! Hahaahaahaaa just sayin....
  • Most Wanted!
    Little Johnny’s kindergarten class was on a field trip to their local police station where they saw pictures, tacked to a bulletin board, of the 10 most wanted criminals.
    One of the youngsters pointed to a picture and asked if it really was the photo of a wanted person.
    “Yes,” said the policeman. “The detectives want very badly to capture him.”
    Little Johnny asked, “Why didn’t you keep him when you took his picture?”
  • Heehee @Kathy you've been giving us some great ones!! Love em!!!!! :D
  • The Problem With Jury Duty
    Just as she was celebrating her 80th birthday, our friend received a jury-duty notice. She called the clerk’s office to remind them that she was exempt because of her age.

"You need to come in and fill out the exemption forms," the clerk said.

"But I filled them out last year," she replied.

"You have to fill them out every year."

"Why? Do you think I’m getting younger?
  • We’d finally built our dream home, but the contractor had a concern: the placement of an atrium window for our walk-in shower. "I’m afraid your neighbors might have a good view of you au naturel," he said.

My middle-aged wife put him at ease. "Don’t worry," she said. "They’ll only look once."
  • @SweetP -- I can't look at it on PhotoBucket without logging in, and then I wouldn't be sure where to look.
  • @sweetp same here as @mvnla2 ..I can't view it without creating a photo bucket account:(
  • Funny ones @Mumsie love em'
  • Bum Deodorant

A blonde walks into a pharmacy and asks the assistant for some bum deodorant.
    The pharmacist, a little bemused, explains to the woman that they don’t sell bum deodorant, and never have.
    Unfazed, the blonde assures the pharmacist that she has been buying the stuff from this store on a regular basis, and would like some more.
    “I’m sorry,” says the pharmacist, “we don’t have any.”
    “But I always get it here,” says the blonde.
    “Do you have the container it comes in?”
    “Yes!” said the blonde, “I’ll go home and get it.”
    She returns with the container and hands it to the pharmacist who looks at it and says to her, “This is just a normal stick of underarm deodorant.”
    The annoyed blonde snatches the container back and reads out loud from the container, “To apply, push up bottom.”
  • I'm 72 and regularly play AB for hours at a time. It's the only computer game I play. I can't rest till I get 3 stars at all levels. I try to explain to my wife that the fascination is about the physics the coding has produced that allows control of speed,weight,balance,gravity etc., all natural occurrences of our real world. Simply amazing. She doesn't get it. Good. One source of flinging and chirping sounds is enough around here.
  • @strechngo welcome to the AngryBirdsNest :)
    We have a lot of fun chatting in the Bloated Pig forum. .haha I know it sounds funny but check it out. You can find it herehttp://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/1045/the-bloated-pig-a-place-for-weary-flingers
    Just need to click on the last page # to bring you to the current comments ;)
    Hope you enjoy your stay in the nest ;)
  • @Kathy is this place the joke section? It's funny! I followed a link in my e-mail, and after reading some downright funny jokes, have, without actually checking, become suspicious that this is part of the wonderful world of forums where the theme is post a joke, read some jokes, then laugh until you cant breathe. Am i correct?
  • Great Googedity Moogedity! I'm 61! Bunch of kids here!
  • Lol @ColnelClaus Welcome. ..check out the Bloated Pig forum. We have lots of fun in the pub ;)
    Find in the gold bar above under community :) if none are there someone will get your post..a mixture of "kids" and gramps lol quite interesting:)
  • Lol goodedly moogedly I haven't heard that for years! ! Dagnabit!!
  • Proud to be a card carrying AARP member and an Angry Birds enthusiast !
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!