5 New Games in 2012
  • Earlier in 2012 we were told that Rovio would be releasing 5 New Games. So far it looks like this.

1. Angry Birds Facebook (13 Feb.)
    2. Angry Birds Space (22 Mar.)
    3. Amazing Alex (12 Jul.)
    4. Bad Piggies (27 Sept.)
    5. Angry Birds Star Wars (8 Nov.)
  • 63 Comments
  • I think AB trilogy is the 4th
  • @angryboy, I don't think that AB triology is new game, it9s old games in one package for different platform. I wouldn't consider it as a new game at all.
    @lostgreybird - what is that about Philadelphia Eagles? If it is some sport team, I don't think I would be interested in it even though it comes from Rovio.
  • @lostgreybird
    Will the Philadelphia Eagles be a Brand New App or just a Mini Game/Webgame?

@angryboy i also think so the 4th will be Triology!!
  • and maybe that pig game
  • The Eagles partnership is not considered a new game.
    There is only two new apps so far, and that's Space and AA.

Ref. http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/rovio-partners-with-mtv-f1-plus-new-apps-coming-this-year/
  • so there are still 4 games left?!?! exciting...
  • I dont think Rovio brings out 4 New games this year Never
  • well, 3left if you count the pig game
  • We have now already August. Much Updates are left. Ok But i can't believe in :-/
  • rovio doesnt lie, so there must be 3more games
  • Ok ok i believe :-)
  • Is it possible that AB Space Free counts as one of the five? It is a separate app but I suppose it's not technically a different game.
  • @jtucc210
    Its definately no difference between Free Space and Space Full Version. The first Levels are exactly the same so i don`t think we can count up as one of the 5 new games :-)
  • Facebook was a new game this year.
  • Are you sure Facebook Tournament was new this year. I thought it was late last year.
  • Either way Rovio likes to tease big releases a few months in advance and we haven't been hearing anything about new games. So we should be getting something pretty soon.
  • AB Facebook was originally released on Feb 13 of this year. Just seems like longer with all that has happened since!
  • Top updated.
  • So now that the tops been updated by slim and the Philadelphia Eagles has been solidifies by Sal as not a separate game, what are the other 2.
    I predict the Pig Level Builder but what else?
  • I agree with @angryboy that Rovio is counting AB trilogy as number 4, and my guess for number 5 would be a head to head version of AB, similar to what I have mentioned in the past in other discussions. That would also explain Rovio's recent interest in Zynga, as the "Words With Friends" interface would be ideal for that type of game.
  • I think there will come any Updates in the next time, but what i really don`t understand is that Rovio don`t bring up to date the Free Versions!!??
  • Don't forget the boring game AB Heikki
  • these are apps, not web games, and its not boring
  • Is Angry Birds Facebook an app?
  • Then why is it on the list but AB Heikki is not?
  • I don't think AB sponcering games count
  • I think Facebook counts, but other mini-games don't.
  • Facebook was a large initiative which they plan to expand on. Surf & Turf and Pigini Beach are good examples because they are entirely new level designs that they updated. Facebook Tournament is completely different than any other game they created.

The web games are quick advertisement games that have a termination point.
  • So I think it is inevitable that we get a Pig's perspective game now with the Bad Piggies Facebook/Twitter accounts, but what else are we missing here this year. I can't remember any other teaser that hinted at a new game.
  • the Philly game I guess is 5th
  • Yeah. Philly and probably the Bad piggies game if it's a game, which I think it will be
  • I doubt Philly will count. If it did, I think Heikki would too.
  • Agreed @amslimfordy. The Philly, Heikki, F-1, Coca-Cola, Telepizza were all web based games released this year. I take "5 Releases" as meaning new endeavors for Rovio that they will build on into the future.
  • @Burbman you really got my hopes up for a head to head version of AB, that would be sooo awesome.
  • I think "Bad Piggies" will be next.
  • Yes. Bad Piggies will be added to the list once its actually released. And I think the last of the 5 Releases this year will be the Angry Birds Trilogy since we just found out there will be 19 New Levels in it.
  • There is a vidie that says "something PIG is coming"

I am excited for whatever it is!
  • Top updated. Is it safe to assume AB Trilogy is the last release considering we don't have long to go before 2013?
  • The last release is bad piggies. AB trilogy is just a platform expansion.
  • Sorry i am Out!! I don't Check really the 5 Games System from ROVIO for this Year. Some Web Games are included. Ok try again AB Space, AB Facebook, Amazing Alex, Bad Piggies and ...??? Philadelphia maybe. So i think there will be come nothing Else this Year from Angry Birds. Is that right so far!?

Aaaaaaaah
  • @sal9 - I don't think BP is the last. Slim updated my top post a while back, not including BP because it wasn't out yet. He said those were the correct ones. @ccjolly - It was said earlier that web games do not count.
    @mufc - I hope so but we haven't heard anything about that in a while.
  • If they don't count the Web Games @lostgreybird than there will be 2 Games left :-) Do you believe in two Brand New Games from ROVIO this Year!? I am not really!!
  • Only 1 is left after BP. They only have 3 months left. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a new release around Xmas to cash in on that holiday again.
  • Ok :-) looking forward to ...
  • Maybe they'll release AB Seasons 2 rather than continuing to update the original Seasons app.
  • I hope not too but Xmas is such a huge money maker I really can't see them passing on the opportunity. If I were Rovio I would have release something with different characters closer to Xmas to make a fortune off of all the AB plushies as gifts.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!