Badges and Ranking - Congratulate and Nominate! Page 2
  • 109 Comments
  • @Kartflyer -- We need some way to tell what you've added today. Putting a date by each name would not only tell us that, but would give us the history. Thanks
  • I'm srry I've missed a lot -of nomination I don't think I've missed any new badges awarded
    can someone remind me how do I get notification from this page? I tried to click star up top but that just prompts me to add bookmark:?
  • Adding a bookmark allows you to get notifications when someone posts here.
  • I would to nominate myself for the Alumni badge I think I have been here for a while
  • i second his nomination
  • you deserve it!!!
  • i just got shooter!!!
  • @angryperson -- Congrats on shooter!
  • thanks, anyone want watermelon?
  • Lets try this one again.
    I would like to nominate AMslimfordy for two badges that he earns each day when we read his informative posts, view his videos and read the answers to our questions and concerns over the many different communication channels that ABN offers: Pleasant Company and Helping Hand. Being in front of us and interacting with us through print, every day, through the Nest I cannot think of anyone who deserves them more.
  • Lets try this one again in the new location.
    From mvnla2: While we’re at this, shouldn’t Fuji have Secret Santa also? He could well be the most secretive of the admins, but he has historically done most of the videos.

Might add these last two posts had 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.
  • @angryboy Congrats on obtaining the Shooter Rank!!! WTG!!!
  • How long does you have to be on Nest before you get the Alumni? I joined Nest February 24.
  • @MUFC Alumni is not only judged on how long you've been here, it's judged on other things as well.
  • @angryboy, congrats on shooter!!! Way to go!! :)
    @harrystar, congrats on slinger!! Nice job! :)
  • I second @AMslimfordy's Nomation and I fifth FugiToast's Nomation
  • Congrats on the new ranks @angryboy and @harrystar! :)

I 3rd and 6th Harrystar's nominations :)
  • i was a little shocked when i found this out but,i nominate @slim for the helping hand badge
  • @ABL - WRW01 nominated him for that a few posts above, so you should second.
  • oh..didn't see that
  • Congrats to @hayyie for Secret Santa and Pleasant Company, she received her badges on July 3, 2012!! :D
  • I support the nominations made by wrw01 for Slim and Fuji.
    These were given strong support in B&R.
  • Ditto what @playdbird said on the nominations.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, and I was supportive of this new forum topic when it was started, but is this helping or confusing things more? Maybe it's too soon to say, but it seems like there are a lot of comments referring back to the other page.
  • @doc, The reference back to old ones from the B&R page, are ones that were overlooked in the chaos! I hope this is helpful, but will also take a little time for everyone to migrate over. Please share opinions!! :)
  • Wow, this is very helpful, @sunshine and @kartflyer, what a great idea! I get lost on the B& page! I will bookmark this one.
    Congratulations to all who have been awarded badges and/or new ranks lately. It's hard to kept track sometimes and I feel bad when I miss people.
  • @sunshine. I promise, I'm not trying to be negative. Just wanted to make sure that this is helping reduce, rather than create, confusion. My question was intended to be constructive.

So, in that spirit, a few questions/observations: One difference between this forum and the old badges/rankings section is that you can summarize everything at the top. Both places seemed to be a place where people nominate and congratulate others. Is the idea that this will replace the old page? I guess I'm not sure that I see what purpose the comments serve on the "old" page.

One distinct disadvantage of the forum, I think, is that the comments don't appear in the "activity" section (under the "Community" button). I know I regularly read through the "activity" comments, and I suspect others do as well. On the other hand, many people don't look at the forums in a regular basis (some probably never do). My concern is that things will be missed by a lot of people.

Like I said, I'm really trying to ask constructive questions.
  • @doctonynyc We understand and thank you kindly for your suggestions!

Yep. The main idea is that we would be able to nominate and congratulate others like how we did in the "old" page, but here in a more constructive and organized manner. It helps cut down a lot of confusion. The comments from the old page don't serve much purpose, but people who have nominated some users which haven't been given notice by admins want to try and see if the admins would see it more here.

That's also one of our main concerns about using the forums as the venue, but we currently don't have any other place to put it, besides a group which the admins are still deciding on. We, on the other hand, are still looking for a way to "advertise" this discussion to the public. The BP has placed it on their front page, but that's all I could think of.
  • Thanks, @kartflyer. Like I said, I'm really trying to be helpful rather than negative. As you know, I was one of the first to say that I thought this was a good idea.

As I was thinking about it, I think my biggest concern is the last one that I raised about the forums versus the main page. My concern is that this will exclude people who don't read forum comments. While advertising at the BP is great, it obviously doesn't reach the members who don't open the forum. I can't think of solutions to these problems, but I think that they are important to consider.
  • @Doc, we are in communication with administration regarding this issue, because we agree with. Your feedback is valuable, we are not taking it as a negative!! :D

Due to the holiday, hopefully we well have an update from administration on the topic! :)
  • Okay. I just wanted to make that clear. You know how things can be interpreted in on online forum.
  • @Doc, not to worry! Dialogue helps, so things can improve and grow!! :)
  • i'd like to nominate @fujitoast for helping hand
  • I third the nomination.
  • I fourth the nomination
  • Who nominated me? It was great to be nominated! :)
  • @MUFC, I talked with kart about it, and we thought we would put you up for nomination, and let administration make the call!! :)
  • ohh! 100 comments already
  • Cool! Again it was you @sunshine, my dear friend(!), who nominated me! Thank you very much @sunshine and @kartflyer!
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!