News & Rumors (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 18
  • 1875 Comments
  • a badpiggies news? not a bad idea! looks like many people are on team green :(
  • @sparty i sure hope it's mobile, whatever it is
  • How / where do you find out how many have joined team green?
  • @mvnla2 - I don't know of any resource to track that, especially because you can declare allegiance on their site or Twitter. If you wanted to read through all the posts and count would probably be the only option.

We have no way to tell if Rovio is even honestly counting or just having fun on Social Media. And if they are counting, it's unlikely they will release the stats.
  • @remmie - Wow, this is really coming along. I saw it a few days ago and couldn't make out what it was going to be. As an Oregonian, I'm glad to see my state get some recognition
  • @m3birds : Do you know somebody on the development team or at LucasFilm? lol
  • @m3birds -- that, or you went back and edited your original post. Call me skeptical.
  • Yesterday Peter Vesterbacka tweeted about an Angry Birds Star Wars event in LA. Anyone know when? He is in Arkansas (of all places) today, so could be soon.
  • @ChaosTsar : Sal9 replied to it at the time, so I doubt that happened. lol
  • @brave1996 -- I vaguely remember the original post, and I think Sal9 was responding to the first part: "Hello, Any rumors about an Angry Birds Star Wars Game?" My suspicion lies in next line. I have no proof and my memory is not photographic, so meh, we can just assume m3birds had some inside info.
  • Here's to hoping that the third edition of Halloween comes in a few days (I'm thinking Oct 21), with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner.
  • If I were a gambling man, @heathen, I'd bet right along side you. I see no reason for Rovio to change their Halloween/Christmas trend.
  • Im with you @heathen & @amslimfordy Halloween and Xmas are the 2 most profitable holidays in retail. It would be foolish for Rovio to miss out on that action. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Bad Piggies Seasons style update. I don't see them releasing a new BPS app so soon though.
  • I'm also hoping for Thanksgiving...of course, long standing members here already know that...LOL
  • @heathen I would absolutely love to see Thanksgiving, but to do so would require sacking Christmas (in all likelihood).

HOWEVER! If I may be so bold as to pitch an idea here to the anonymous web...

Why not start the Christmas episode ~8 days early? Start it on Thanksgiving Day (or Eve), and for the levels up to 30 Nov. do a sort of "Pilgrim-y" theme, then start on the winter wonderland.
  • @Slim -- Love your idea! I assume you were more direct than the "anonymous web."
  • Good ideas @AMslimfordy !

While we're pitching ideas, how about a new bird: Angry Turkey! He's named Tom, of course. :) When he hits a structure, pigs within 10 pixels flock to him and get popped, or the "stuffing" has a wide dispersal pattern. LOL

Seriously, I'm curious how Rovio's tunesmiths will top the jazz theme from last year's "Wreck The Halls". :D
  • I'm not so sure that Christmas would have to be sacked. (and I am assuming you would want a 31 day Advent Calendar as before). It's too late to do this this year, but they could start Oct 1 as Halloween, Nov 1 for Thanksgiving, and then on Dec 1 for Christmas...each all spaced out, each with their own respective month, and Christmas can still be an Advent Calendar.
  • The problem with Thanksgiving is that the holiday centers around eating a bird.. not very bird-friendly, if you ask me..

It would be funny, though, to see the birds helping a Turkey escape certain doom at the hands of celebratory Piggies..
  • Madison Avenue mad men made the focus on the turkey. Some Thanksgivings, my family had ham instead. :D
  • @DrOmega, as I see thanksgiving thematics game in AB Seasons could be similar as Rio, saving turkeys from greedy pigs.
  • How long has the giant Golden Pig been there on the Golden Eggs screen?
  • iPad: v2.2.0
    iPhone / Android / PC: v2.3.0
  • Amazing Alex just got updated with a "levels of the week" section. It seems like they'll pick 8 of the best player made levels and release them in this section each week.
  • What does the giant golden pig?
  • @lostgraybird, thanks for sharing news.
  • Any updates on when the new Angry Birds Seasons Halloween episode will be released?
  • No such episode has been confirmed by Rovio. However if such an episode were to be created, it would likely be released on-or-around 21 October.
  • Are there any rumors about Angry Birds Space update? I just loved Red Planet and wish it to be finished before AB Star Wars.
  • No rumors at this time.
  • AB Facebook page launched an AB Halloween contest - http://www.facebook.com/angrybirds/app_288805951132366

There is a new logo with a skull and candy corn that is used on the app and the promo image, so hopefully this bodes well for an AB Seasons Halloween update.
  • @DrOmega : Thanks! Did you see Red Bird with the Thanksgiving hat? We might finally have a Thanksgiving episode, too. :)
  • @brave1966 : I believe that's a witch's hat, not a pilgrim's.
  • @AMslimfordy beat me to it - you can see it more clearly by upping the brightness and contrast: http://i.imgur.com/S0fBN.jpg
  • @AMslimfordy & @DrOmega : Thanks! The top of the hat looked flat with the page background.

Does anybody have advance info or speculation on the next ABS update, other than what Dr Omega posted??
  • Releasing a new Halloween ep would mean committing to a 2013 season I guess ? Trick or Treat started season 2011, Ham'O Ween 2012. Were there any indications that they would do such a thing as a 3rd season ? With AB Star Wars coming and all, just wondering.

I really hope they do at least another full season. 2011 was 7 eps, 2012 was 6 so far and would likely stay this way unless they radically change their update strategy. Let's hope for S2013 ;)
  • I am really sure that the header used in the Facebook picture will be the new logo for the update if it comes.
  • I've heard some rumors that I won't comment on yet. I'm looking into them to see if they are factual.
  • So I think that we've the following lined up maybe:

Bad Piggies update: This month.
    AB Seasons update: Again mostly this month.
    AB Star Wars: A "little" far away.

This is really outstanding work by Rovio.
  • @DrOmega : Thanks for the updates! Did your space bar run out of coffee? lol
  • Wow thx 4 the news updates dr.omega wow coffee and shower stuff wow more products maybe they will do angry birds tea or juice juicy juice could team up with rovio kids luv angry birds
  • and lollipops the lollipops look kool I want them
  • @penguinlover - Unfortunately, pretty much all of those products are available in Finland only. Same as the Angry Bird Soda.
  • @Dr Omega Angry birds soda 2? Y can't they bring these products 2 New York r they available online 2 order? I like the shower stuff.
  • Spinning together gossamer threads from the ether, supplied by Burbman and Peter Vesterbacka, I've come up with the thought that there may be an ABSW event Nov 8 in LA. Anyone heard any creditable rumors about this?
  • Really @mvnla2 awww man I went 2 LA last summer but I did get a picture with angry birds dat was a surprise but it looks fun
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!