Slow Dying Bird Theory
  • If this has been discussed before could someone please point me in the direction/give a link.

This game involves thousands of resets and I was wondering how soon other players hit the reset when playing. Obviously if you’ve misaimed it you’ll hit reset straight away. Sometimes after a bird has been flung and hit something he often takes longer than usual to disintegrate/disappear. When the birds do this, I usually hit the reset straight away because I’ve noticed that I never obtain a decent score if I strike a slow dying bird. Terrance can be a real pain sometimes – he’ll get stuck somewhere and start slowly turning. Sometimes the points go up as he dies but as I said I still don’t end up with a decent score.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I don’t see it as a glitch but for me it’s more of a sign that things aren’t going too well on that go and that’s when I’ll hit the reset.
  • 10 Comments
  • I've been through that.
  • It happens especially in The Big Setup with Terence.
    I don't think there's anything we can do about it.
  • On iOs, they added a fast forward button to bypass that.
  • @sal9 - but that's only on the last bird. @Chicadee mentions that if you strike a bird in the playing field, he doesn't obtain a good score...that's because doing so just amount immediately renders the newly flung bird useless. Depending on where the first bird landed, there is no need to bypass the level, as you can continue...just don't hid any sitting birds.
  • Yes, @heathen you understand what I’m saying re needing the previously flung birds to be out of the way. As everyone will have noticed if you hit a bird it usually mucks up/blocks the shot although there are exceptions to this. As heathen said, if the next bird doesn’t need to be aimed near the dying bird then it doesn’t matter BUT (and note, it’s a big but – no jokes please lol) I have found, if a previously flung bird does not die within about 5 – 7 seconds and some can take over 10 seconds, then the end result of that go will be a low score. (In other words, if a bird is taking too long to die, then something is NQR.)

I know nothing about game programming but suspect this little quirk is a result of something that happens when they create the levels. It’s similar to the quirk of the game finishing whilst blocks etc. are still falling. Many players have complained about his but I have come to the conclusion that if that game says you’ve finished then you hadn’t hit the right spots in the first place and no matter how long the game stayed ‘open’, you still wouldn’t have achieved a high score.

Re a fast forward button sal9 – ooh I’d love one of those but since I play on a PC, it ain’t going to happen any time soon.

P.S. When I refer to “high scores”, I’m talking about scores well above the average scores shown on our Leaderboards.
  • @chicadee really ... you don't have it on pc? maybe soon, AB for mac has it and it's very convenient.
  • @sal9 I have it for ABo on PC, the fast forward button as of v2.1.0.
  • Hi @iamMighty,
    I have a fast forward button! Oh boy! Oh boy! – now can someone tell where it is please and how/when I use it? (Yes, I have the v2.1.0 version.)

Sorry, when it comes to computers, I’m a bit like Homer Simpson – “To continue, press any key” – where’s the “any” key? lol (Or in my case, where’s the FF Button?)

Thank you
  • @chicadee

Once you play a level and you kill all the pigs, the fast-forward button appears in the bottom right of the screen.

This button 'fast-forwards' the score. This method is very useful in finding minimum 3-star scores.
  • OK, now I understand which FF Button @sal9 was referring to and yes, I have one of those. I got excited in the above post because I thought for a short time that there was an FF that speeds up the action during the game – be it dying birds or blocks etc. falling. The FF Button that now appears at the right hand bottom of the screen at the end of the game does not do what I want a FF button to do. :(
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!