Really Rovio? Only 10 Fry Me to the Moon levels
  • don't get me wrong, I loved Fry me to the moon, but come on, it was ten levels. We knew about for about a month and we get ten levels?
  • 44 Comments
  • I was thinking the same thing too.
  • I think that they were left over level ideas for PB & CC (Kind of like PB moons & CC moons). You can tell by the planets foliage & theme of small orbiting planets. I view FMTM as a quick hold-me-over until a larger update (Donut). Don't forget that even though AB tends to do larger updates we have always only been given them in 15/17 level increments in the newer releases (ABS & ABR). Granted 10 is small but add in the fact that ABOS seems to be much more detailed in terms of development and we could be looking at smaller update trend with Space.
  • I wouldn't mind 10 level updates if they were consistent. Like 10 levels every month, as opposed to 15-30 every 3-4-5-6 months..

I wish they had launched Surf and Turf for classic AB as a full 45 rather than in 15 level increments as well. It's already built for Facebook, so it should just be a matter of porting it over.. Then again, I wish they never ported it in the first place so Facebook would have something exclusive.. but I digress..
  • Personally, I am sick of these exclusive levels. I can understand Angry Birds on as many devices/platforms as possible, but nobody can possibly have iOS device, Galaxy, a Nokia phone with wireless payment system, FujiTV, visit tons of websites (including Facebook, Google+, etc..), and other ways/mechanisms to play all the levels possible of Angry Birds. As a fan, I would love play any level created, but it's impossible to be able play all the levels.
  • @lostgreybird I understand updates come in small sizes, but 10 is really annoying, especially when we wait a month.
  • @imanangrybird I agree let's just hope the Donut is a bigger update and not broken up like they did with each Rio release.
  • @heathan I agree I really wish they would just come out with a new app called something like web levels and have all those levels on it. Getting constant updates once the marketing time is done with the company. Ie. now you have unlimited tries in pistachio, that would be a perfect time for a release and easy money maker for them.
  • I hope they don't go any lower than 10. I thought 15 was the bare minimum.
  • it like we never really got a update,just something to help you wait for a large update
  • Well, what's our next update? Next month? Two months?
  • proably about 4 months :(
  • A lot of criticism for a free update 1 month after the app was released.
  • Its not that I don't like it, but come on, ten levels? What next? 5? 1? I know that it is a moon, but 10 is just cheap. especially when I paid extra for ABP
  • if you are all talking aboutt fry to the moon..I had to pay for it..and still don't have danger zone: I totally agree @iamangrybird
  • You paid for 60 levels released at the app launch. Anything after that is FREE.
  • Besides, what's the deal with the Samsung partnership? I know that companies partner up all the time, but giving them Danger Zone free before anyone else is unfair. And I'm not exactly pleased that they get an eggsteroid that we don't. if the free eggsteroid to promote Samsung phone sales, I wonder if it will work. Who buys a phone just for a free angry birds level?
  • I agree with @heathen . I really do think each version of AB should be the same across all platforms and all devices, not special things for special devices or carriers. Even though as a T-Mobile customer, I have the ME on Android, I think every other Android phone capable of running AB should have it as well.

If FB wants AB, then it should be the same AB as is available everywhere else, not a special version. I love the Chrome Dimension levels, but those levels and GEs should all be rolled into one and available in all versions. (I know, Chrome is free, but they should charge for it and make it the same as other versions if).

It's too difficult to keep up with all of the different versions. As for ME in Android, guys, get after your carriers and tell them you want it for your device. I believe it is already in the Android version, just not available for you if you don't have T-Mobile. See my post on the forums http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/1040/mighty-eagle-for-android to see why I believe it is already in the Android version.
  • It really annoys me to see Rovio give out platform exclusive levels and leave the mighty eagle only for iOS, though i am an iPad user. And there is no version of AB that is the same for iPad and iPhone so people have to purchase on both devices.
  • @imanangry bird The SD version of AB works for both iPhone and iPad, but shows up a bit blurry on the iPad. That's why they made the HD version.
  • I am inclined at first to think that 10 is disappointing but at the same time, sometimes we go one month to two and get 15 levels in some of the other games. 10 is right around the typical update. It didn't occur to me until I thought about some of the other updates that we have seen for the various other AB games. Not to mention we also saw a small step in the right direction regarding the space eagle in addition to the 10 levels. Even further, we got some serious bug fixes. I'd say given the broad spectrum of the update, 10 is about right considering everything we saw with this first update. I have no doubts the next few could very well be larger, and if not I'm sure we will see other things in addition just like with this particular update.
  • At least we had levels to play. It's better than nothing
  • Yup, Rovio will take care of us. I never would have thought we would get those Trophy Room levels in Rio or Surf n Turf for iOS & they just popped up one day.
    As for the exclusives (know nothing about marketing) I think they get money from the certain companies that they release an exclusive for or use in a web marketing game. As long as the majority of the levels are playable by everyone on either iOS, Android, Web, or PC I think its a great thing.
    As for the Mighty Eagle I don't know what to say about that. I was up for a phone upgrade and got an iPhone instead of Android 1. because I wanted access to the iOS App Store 2. Because Angry Birds had the ME & seemed to be getting updates much faster than any other app store.
  • It's worse for pc users we have to wait longer for a update :(
  • Not that much longer. You have to understand the extraordinary differences between mobile development and computer development.
  • Well, maybe they should release it the same day. though I am on iPad, it is really annoying to hear the pc users ( my friends included) complain. There would be less frustration.
  • It was released for PC today.
  • Well, that doesn't mean the pc users haven't complained, and I still believe they should release it equally.
  • It just means that everyone would wait a bit longer.
  • Well, the pc users complained a lot in just a week. But it isn't even their fault.
  • And another horrible thing is about the daily eagle, you have to log in 24 hours after you logged in the day before, so you can essentially log and not get the eagle
  • Weird. I got 20 eagles at once after I updated ABSpace. Am I the only person who got this?
    Has anyone else got this? It's quite strange how everyone else is saying about 24 hours and all that.
  • No. You get those for free
  • Rovio has much promised for 2012 in AB but i I see nothing about it. Only One ABSP and One ABO Update Since now :-(
  • @ccjolly Rovio has a lot of things planned for 2012, if you compare it to other years:
    1. AB Seasons Year of the Dragon
    2. AB Seasons Cherry Blossom
    3. AB Original Surf and Turf
    4. AB Rio Smugglers Plane
    5. AB Rio Trophy Room
    6. AB Space Fry Me to the Moon
    7. Amazing Alex to be released

And at least 4 more AB versions to be released this year!
  • Yeah I hunk they are going to focus more on those new releases and free releases for those new games than free releases for ABO, ABS and rio
  • @kartflyer. Yes i hope so for New AB Versions but i can't believe to 4 New Games. There are no News right now but we hope best. Looking forward :-)
  • I just hope they don't release more 10 level releases. It's infuriating to wait for a month without updates and then get a ten level release.
  • I agree 10 isn't that many, but a thought: It's Fry me to the MOON, not planet, obviously much smaller than the planets. OK, it could have been 15, but then nobody would have noticed. I think the next episode will be a planet, and will have 30 levels.
  • Still, we were waiting for a month and we get ten levels. And we don't know when the next update is.
  • As long as there is free new content, I'm not gonna complain about how long it takes to deliver it. IMO, eventual delivery of some free updates is better than no free updates at all.
  • That's what I mean,@chaostsar. They are lowering expectations.
  • Oh no, not for me. I really don't have any expectations from them -- they have done some things I like, and they have done some things I don't like. They are gonna run their business they way they see fit, and if that business model includes some free updates for me, then I will happily take that. Would I like more (or bigger) free updates? Sure, who wouldn't, but I'm just not of the mindset to expect or require that kind of service from any for-profit company.
  • Well I am disappointed, because we were so happy when they created the faulty daily eagle, which was supposed to solve the problem of the daily eagle. It seems like they are trying to lower our expectations so we will be happy with even a 15 level release.
  • I just don't see a reason for complaint about free updates, same as ChaosTsar said. Obviously more and more frequent would be amazing, but I'm not gonna look a (free) gift horse in the mouth.

Compare this to another popular app: Cut the Rope. CTR updates maybe three times a year, and no one complains there. Why should AB be any different?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!