The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 8
  • 159708 Comments
  • @mvnla2 no worries:) I know @ sunshine usually uses substitutes for bird related dishes ie. bacon and eggs. so it will be fine:)
  • @Kathy. Let me know if I can assist you in anyway...I'm sorry about your progress, its from before, right? I mean it didn't happen again did it? I am in S& T right now but will be happy to go to Rio if you need help...I was going to get in on today challenge so I can go back if you get stuck...just post here for help and we will all come to assist! When I was w/o internet, I finally finished S&T so I am currently posting strats for levels 8-15.
  • @Kathy - Thanks for the invite, I suppose I can stop in for a pig killer and some pork rinds before I head home for the day. Better stop at one though cuz I am driving! Hope your phone finally let you through 3-7! I know I end up with some crazy shots when my phone slows down as it loads gamecenter, can't imagine playing a whole level like that, over and over.

@sunshine, could I get a ham&cheese for the road?

Thanks!
  • @Burbman sorry I am so. late:( didn't get notification for some resaon:( maybe cause its a new page? I trust orange bird took care of you! I hope you enjoyed. your pork rinds;)
    3-7 is killing me and now I've fallen below in 3-4:( almost time to call it a night another hour or so..ill come back for one more pig killer before bed;)
    @ angrybirdsfan tell orange bird your drink is on me ..rd is out for the night I'm syre he will get your note tomorrow..I will let him.know to check it:) enjoy!
  • @angrybirdsfanguy438...srry left you note above, guess I need to put in full user name after @ sign ;) enjoy!:)
  • @lesleyg aka as AA :) ty...yes its still from the crash before..I am still working on all levels everywhere lol..in fry me to the moon currently 3-4/3-7...just went to rio for level of the day...gotta check..not sure if its up for tommorow..if rd is not available I don't know how to change it?... gonna have to have him show me the ropes around here...being co- manager you think I would know...I guess I'm slacking :(
  • Hello everyone! It's been a crazy day around my house today. So crazy that I only had an hour to work on Airfield 9-13. I ended up with 116,950. I improved about 7k, so I'll take it.
    I know it's early for me to do it, but with our friends in Europe waking soon, I updated the menu and level for the day.
    Sorry I haven't been around much and I'm even more sorry I missed some new faces. I have finished the outline of the story and have the opening paragraphs running wild in my head. I'm hoping to be finished by Sunday. When it is finished, as long as it's okay with the Admins, I plan on moving it to a different discussion thread and making this it's own, unique thread.
    Thank you so much for your support and patronage. Myself, @kathy, @sunshine and our newest team member and head of Art Direction, @E-Star all appreciate your kind words.
    Thank you and happy flinging.
  • @rd - that's really thoughtful of you! Pig Bang 1-8 you say? Well I have 58295, so I can try and squeeze a couple of k extra!

Oh and I'll think I'll take a bacon egg and cheese on an english muffin please! Happy flinging! @)
  • Good morning! Happy First of May Holiday to everyone who has it. Pig Bang 1-8 is a good choice, I'm below average there with 51370. @rd how do you pick the random levels? It's really random, and fun!
  • Morning everyone! And happy First of May for trishohara and for all who celebrates it. :)
    I'm about to finish Wreck the Halls, only two levels below average and then I'll try to get a little more points from some levels...
  • Any strategies for Wreck the Halls 1-24? It's really painful level!!
  • @Mikkor: I got my best scores with sending the ob through the rope between the wraith and the bell. And then the yb in an arc through the wood on the right, if possible in a way, that it hits the snow below the stone structure. It takes some tries, till everything falls like you want it.
    Good luck!
  • @trishohara Thanks, tried it. It worked, I used 3 birds and got 107k :) Almost got with one...
  • @all good morning!!!! Happy May Day!!!! :)
    @Laurence, your english muffin sandwich is ready!
    May I get anything for the rest of you?? :)
  • @everyone Good Morning!:) happy mayday..good luck to all in PB 1-8..
    @sunshine I'll will also have the Bacon, Egg, Cheese sandwich sounds good:) ty so much for your dedication:)
    @rd I hope all is well family always first we gotcha covered :) I like the idea of a unique thread :) looking forward to Sunday:)
    off to work have a great day everyone:)
  • starting PB with 54325:) gl all:)
  • @Kathy, I put that on the menu just for you!! :)
    Enjoy!
  • @all Happy first day of May everybody! :)
    @Laurence I got 58600 with your tips, thanks! :)
    @sunshine I would like the usual please, and a cappuccino, to go. Thanks! ;)
  • @Kartflyer, coming right up...I didn't get a notification that you were here, strange?
  • @Kathy -- Tried to send you PM, but couldn't for some strange reason...
    @all -- I just returned from vacation, so just started sending out friend requests... May take a while to make sure I get everyone. Still halfway on European time (including my stomach); got up at 3 am local time!!!
    @Sunshine -- Bacon and "egg" on English muffin sounds perfect!
  • @mvnla2 no hurry. Where have you been in vacation? Was it good?
    @sunshine could I please get a Fresh Melon Figs with Prosciutto? What do you suggest to drink for calming down? I am very annoyed about main street closures because of such a stupid local cycling race... I wanted to visit mom in hospital, but had to return home, just 1km away from home.
  • @all -- We were on a fabulous Mediterranean cruise from Seville to Venice. Only complaint was that the internet connection on the boat was impossibly slow and doubly / triply expensive due to slowness. Thus little ABN and no Fry me to the Moon. Too busy to have separation anxiety.
    @trishohara -- Hope your mom recovers soon.
  • @mvnla2, welcome home, one muffin sandwich on the way
    @trishohara, sorry about your situation with the cyclists, I hope you get to make it to the hospital to your mom. Maybe a pig killer? :)
  • Morning everyone!! It seems everyone is doing well. I started out with 58,190. First try of the day landed me 58,750. I haven't gotten over 58k since then. However, I logged my score and am currently in 7th place. Which in my mind means I need to keep trying for top score. There were a lot of blocks left when I finished, so I know the points are there.
    @sunshine I'll have the usual today, please. My tummy is in need of yummies! :)
    @trishohara I usually look at my boards and see where I stand on a level and if I can improve. I was in the same boat as @laurence and didn't know if I could squeeze any extra points, but I did!
    @kathy I am looking forward to having this become it's own thread, too. I plan on waiting until I get closer to finishing the story before I ask the admins if it's okay.
    @laurence I will try to keep updating the daily menus around midnight my time so all of you over there dont have to wait.
    Well, I've gotta get moving! Momma bird has an appointment this morning. Upon our return home, we have to begin packing for our mini-holiday. Have a wonderful day!!
  • Does a pig killer help against general annoyance as well? I thought only if the pigs are involved.
    I'll try it again later this afternoon. She's having back problems since October, we all hope they can do something, that the pain vanishes.

@mvnla2 your vacation sounds great. Too bad though about the expensive and slow internet. But maybe it is meant to be like this so that you can enjoy the nice landscape.
  • @trishohara, chronic pain is the worse kind of pain. I hope they come up with a solution!!! I think the cyclists are pigs in people clothing! Lol haha ;)
    @mvnla2, trip sounds like it was fabulous!!
    @rd, making the usual!! :)
  • Good morning everybody, @sunshine - could I get two of those wonderful smelling breakfast sandwiches please? Kinda hungry after a late night of improving Rio scores. Pig Bang looks like a fun level of the day. I wonder how much the average score on the leaderboards goes up on the daily level? I would imagine that there are probably quite a few lurkers on this thread who are just to shy to say hi, but probably play the LOD as well. If you are out there, feel free to pop in and let us know how you are doing.
  • @Burbman, one breakfast sandwich coming up!! Enjoy! :)
  • @everyone, I have two question:
    1. Does anyone know why I've stopped getting notification since we moved to page 8? I havn't changed anything.
    2. I know everyone says there is no difference between platform, but , why can I get a higher score on todays level, easier on my droid than iPad? This is driving me to need a pig killer, but hearing about everyones hangovers, makes me leery! :)
  • @sunshine - there are definately differences between platforms, but usually they are pretty minor. I have also found that when trying for a certain aiming point, the same device can either have it, or not on a given session. This was a lot more evident in space with the targeting system. I noticed it most on CC 2-2 when I was trying for a trick shot off the upper planet. One session I could get just the right amount of gravitational influence on the red bird over and over, but never again. I even bought a stylus to see if it was my fat fingers.
  • @sunshine I'm getting some notifications, but not all. Weird indeed.
    lol, oh yeah, the cyclists are pigs in disguise. I like that idea :-)
    I finally reached mom, but didn't stay long because she was very tired. Thanks @all for the 'recover soon'- wishes.

Regarding difference between platforms - sometimes I play a level on the iPad just for fun but getting a high score in first or second try. Then I play that level on the iPhone - for hours, days - but never get this score.
  • @trishohara, thanks, I have noticed that as well. I'm glad you got to mom!! :)
    The notice thing is odd, maybe the pigs are interfering with our communication??? ;)
  • we could ask Slim if he saw anything green in the near of the servers
  • I got this one? I asked but he hasn't answered yet!
  • @sunshine I agree the piggies are intercepting some of our notifications..we need to get an operative into pigham city to let us know what's going on!! I am also only getting some notifications then am surprised when I come in to see patrons at the bar that I wasn't aware were here:- hmm...
    @trishohara I wish your mom well..next time just run those piggies over;)
  • @Kathy, same here, can you help? ;)
  • The piggies are messing around! I suggest Slim for the role - he's good at digging issues up! I do have one question for Slim/BL - I changed my email address but I'm still getting notifications at my old email! Are there two places I need to change it? :)
  • @Laurence, I posted Slim, but he has not answered yet!! :)
    I don't know the answer to your question. Why is your avatar not showing up?? :)
  • AArggh! I thought I had the new high score for our level of the day, 25k with an ice piece flying toward the left hand piggie who was sitting all by himself on the ground. Unfortunately the ice exploded just before it hit the piggie. Could I get a pig killer to calm my nerves before I head back in?
  • @Burbman Is there a n/a version of the pig killer? Would have had 59k, but the same thing happened!
  • @burbman, one pig killer coming up
    @Laurence, we can make it n/a, but it will not be as much fun! :)
  • @sunshine, ah well, n/a it'll have to be I'm afraid! Not old enough for the full version yet, lol! :)
  • @Laurence, thanks for being honest, since I forgot to card you, you carry yourself like you are older!! ;)
  • Haha, well, it won't be too long - only another few months! I actually still get ID'd for 15s sometimes, which can be a bit annoying - the look on their face when I pull out my provisional licence is priceless though......:)
  • Looking younger is good, you will like that as you get older!! Trust me!! ;)
  • Could I possibly try the Pork Satay w/Hot PB Sauce? I've just returned from the doctor with momma bird. The doctor put our minds at ease about some issues we were having. It's good to see @AngryBirdsFanGuy438 made it back. Welcome, friend! Hello to everyone else!
    I believe Gravatar Avatars run through the whole site. I think the Forum is kind of separate from the rest of the site. If you notice, @sal9 had a different avatar in the Forum than he does on the social side of the nest. I believe that is why our @ mentions don't carry over to the social side. If you all have noticed, you can message users either through the forum, our on the social side.
  • Coming up!!! :) glad all is well! :)
  • Yep, in theory, I should have two different avatars, but I changed my email and screwed it up a bit, lol! I'll have to ask Slim to see if he can see what I've done wrong, lol! I think the forum is changing soon anyway, so maybe it'll resolve itself! :)

@sunshine I think I'd like to get to 18 and stop, lol! :D
Post in the New Forum!