The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3111
  • 159649 Comments
  • Very good (The Fall). But what is he on about? What is he thinking?
  • I like to think that MES with amazing prescience could see a time when Trussy would be PM and produce a budget(or Trudget as I like to call it) that blocked everyone's income stream.

When she got the nomination someone described her as looking like a toddler feeling very pleased with herself. Now she looks like the kid who shouts"The sweets are on me". Only to discover the sweet shop is closed until further notice.

I do love the Tories. The gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait for the return of Boris.
  • On second thoughts that's beyond a joke.

Seeing as that international business scam known as Black Friday is coming up when companies try to offload unwanted stock. (Me cynical?) Was thinking of finally getting my hands on a decent laptop. Any advice?I remember @ixan57 talking about ram speed(put that hedge trimmer down and get over here). As it's primary function would be to install an emulator for AB games just the basic requirements for a fully functioning game experience are needed. Obviously @desperatedan as a user of Bluestacks you might have a few observations.
  • Well @hunnybunny it's the big one tomorrow. No not Jodie Whittaker's swansong though swans and blue birds are involved. I have you down as a bit of a bluebird, judging by your language anyway. "Come on you Swans!"
  • @BrianN 2 questions answered in one. In airplane mode you are not using ram for storage so will not crash. Q2 check out https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/how-much-ram
  • Thanks for the article @ixan57, just what I needed. Though you didn't answer my first question which was why does ABO crash when on airplane mode whereas Seasons doesn't?
  • @BrianN everyone knows airplane crashes are very rare, so if you get one you are very unlucky.
  • I want that hedge trimmer back.
  • @BrianN could give a —— about the football, but did watch Jodie’s demise, surprising ending
  • I think you need 8k for Bluestacks 5. I have only 4k and I have problems.
  • Wasn't expecting that @hunnybunny. Don't want to say too much as @catsnbirds watches it and I'm not sure when it comes out over there.

Thanks @desperatedan. I heard from @anton249 that Nox was lighter than Bluestacks. May look into that. Think 8g ram would suffice.
  • Hey @BrianN Thanks for thinking of me! But feel free to react to all The Who drama. Haven’t seen it, but did accidentally read a spoiler so I know Jodie regenerates into my favorite Doctor.
  • Sadly I think it's a temporary glitch @catsnbirds. Like Boris Johnson's comeback. Shortlived.
  • @catsnbirds three episodes, my favourite Doctor too
  • Dear Lord, I’m Blue, through and through, but this Government is a ——— joke
    You couldn’t make it up
    Sir Kier Starmer single handedly ruined the Justice System in this country, and they Knighted him, God only knows what he would as PM
    Bring on the Monster Raving Looney party
    It couldn’t get worse…
  • At least my Trick or Treat avatar looks good this time of year
    Can’t change it The Bloated Pig
  • Talking to myself, here
    Not to worry, @BrianN does that most of the time…
  • Yes @hunnybunny, it's not that I necessarily want a General Election, I just want some decent people to vote for. Johnson and Corbin were a disastrous choice last time. Thank goodness our MP is Plaid Cymru, makes it a bit easier if and when we get to that point. I don't suppose Penarth is such a hot bed of Welsh nationalism, or is it?
    It's politics or nothing folks!
  • Hey, could be worse, we could be voting in the midterms.
  • They key to understanding politics is realising all politicians are self serving egotists who in every situation will put themselves first, party second, country last. It explains everything. However nobody does comedy like the Tories. Unfortunately they're running the country not A Butlins holiday camp.

On much more contentious issues:Tom Baker clearly the best Doctor.
  • At least no one died at the palace this time... that we know of...
  • We have to wait a couple of days.
  • Rain hasn't been England's friend since entering OZ. Match abandoned against Australia (no result) when we would surely have won thus wrapping up 'friendly' series 3-0.Match abandoned against Ireland (Ireland win DL) when we would at least have had a chance of winning. Still only Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka to come. Group of death?Should be a doddle.
  • Moen Ali would have won the match, without the bloody rain
  • They have no excuse, they managed the run chase appallingly.
  • Lots of unproven Classic scores being entered on the ABO leaderboards. Needs clearing up. I have raised with @admins.
  • @DesperateDan best flag them on the leaderboard itself and it gives admin a direct link. I'm sure you have done this, it's a just incase.
  • @DesperateDan I think Theo looks at the flags now, after I had a hissy fit and refused to do anymore for ABN
    He was very good last time I looked
    Just flag them
  • My Thermostat is more intelligent than my husband…
  • @hallieginsb has added about 600k using Classic. My target of catching her third place using ABO alone is looking ever more difficult. Gotta find 200k from Jurassic Pork. Very tempting to go the Classic route but I am holding out.
  • Did you know that Rovio reacted to the Russian Invasion of Ukrane by stating they were with the Ukranians and pulling the Angry Birds games off the Russian App Store and Google Play? Putin was not happy about this!
  • Happy Pig-Day, Bad Piggies!
  • I'll take an Angry-boi Palmer, please.

• @DesperateDan You're telling me! I have to own the PC versions on a Windows Vista!
  • Yes I'm sure that has turned the tide in the war @angry terrance. What's an angry-boi Palmer?Last thing we need is another angry Terrance. Sorry that's rude. Hello Angry Terrance Greedings from The BP.
  • Go on @desperatedan you know you want to.
  • Sorry terence.
  • Hey @hunnybunny why on earth did Rees Sammit-Lewis decide to play for Wales? He is magestic don't know if you caught his performance for Gloucester last nite? Not often I agree with Austen Healey but "If he continues to improve as a player he could be one the best there ever was" sounds about right.
  • ... er I mean Sammy lou Zappit... er... Zammy Davis jr... er... Summet Rees Louise... er... I'm as Welsh as Ian Rush... shikn...

• See page 1 @brianN. Try one yourself.
  • Checked out page 1 @desperatedan. Think I'll try the 2001 Harlan Estate cabernet. "This dark, powerful stunner has a lush, sensual texture."
  • I think Jancis Robinson must've been a flinger back in the early days.
  • R.I.P Angry Birds Rio (2011-2019)
  • Ops, my mistake, I meant Angryboy Palmer, but it is a iced tea with hints of lemonade.
  • I just entered my scores for Pig Bang from Angry Birds Space into the ABN leaderboards
  • @BrianN Lois Sammy-Lane?
    Zammit Rees-Jones? My favourite, it’s my maiden name
    And he was born in Penarth…
  • @BrianN I think I owe you some food. What would you like from the menu?
  • How long have you guys been AB fans? I've been one since I was 3.
  • Sorry everyone, I missed it. Three days ago was my 10th anniversary of joining the Nest. Go to page 1 and have what you like on me. There is such a thing as a free lunch. This may well answer the previous question. Can't claim to be 3 back then unless Rovio exploded onto the world at the same time as the Beatles. Shouldn't really have those two in the same sentence.
Post in the New Forum!