The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2545
  • 159583 Comments
  • Hey guys!
    It's nighttime.. and I'm celebrating another day of flinging with...
    ROASTED PIG!
  • Hello guys,
    @Kathy "your wish is my command". Here I am, promise that I will pop in more often here.
    I'm going back to the Challenge, since it is not easy today. Till soon
  • @bernersenn Two for you!

Building a crossover in an hour:

http://youtu.be/-hzQtnz2GuE

Alaska: coal train hauled by 7 engines:

http://youtu.be/a8lTHIkElQs

xoxo
  • @Tompuss thanks for you.
    OB, offer Tompuss something to drink, ask her for her favorite
  • Awesome Picks from our Resident Jukebox Queen ty @sunshine; )
    Uhmm ya @Pa I had a birthday lol, you wished me happy birthday¿ dintca:/ hope your not'ahem going that way' ...hmmm
    @Flying-Falcon (not sure of your @name) Welcome to the Bloated Pig :D have a drink and a meal on the house and hope top see you pop in again soon! Surely have as much Roasted Pig as you like and Happy Flinging.
  • Run in and @Kathy her birthday hugs while she is still here, alive and in person!!!
  • The infamous white dragon from Peru visited TBP for say "Happy BIRDay" to his sister @Kathy and because some !"·$% work-to-do... after dropping big hugs and bites for all here, went out as fastly as he came.
    "Fling long and prosper"
  • Too late Ma. I've already gone.
    Btw, Happy belated Birthday.
  • Aww thanks @tienshenlong sorry I missed you
    Uhmm Balloon @Pa ;) not belated you were here yesterday
    (((Hugs)))@sunshine. For some reason I didn't get these notifications :/
    On my way to dreamland wayy to late
    Happy Friday all..
  • Was I Ma? Was I really?
    I didn't feel like I was here.
    Night Nite Ma
  • Just another quick pop in from Greece. Had a change of plans yesterday. Saw lots of refugees. More later.
  • @kathy How I wish I'd found this in time for your birdday! Bet you never saw such a cake in your life!

http://youtu.be/U3khFGSN3XA

xoxo
  • Good morning all!!!! I have a plate of fresher backed brownies for whomever need a worked day pick me up!!!!! @jlz666
  • Mmm brownies , thanks @sunshine :D
  • Awwww thank you @sunshine! Yes I could do with some caffeine and cocoa so brownies are just the ticket. I love having you around again! ((Hugs))
    @hunnybunny I didn't make it back in here on Kathys birthday nor did I get a chance to see the bake off final until the next day. We were planning on going to friends for dinner to watch the bake off but I had a scary emergency dash (F1 style) to the after hour Vet hospital. Lily was kept in for 24hrs and we got her home last night. My nerves are still rattled and my bank balance is significantly lowered but she's hopefully past the worst. I told @Kathy but still felt bad about not being here. Yes we were all right about Nadia! Such a sweet lady. Don't know if you'd agree @hunnybunny and @sunshine but I thought the standard wasn't as high as previous years? They were still making silly mistakes right up until the end. Jeeez! Listen to me lol!! If only I was as good as their mistakes ;)
    @mvnla2 I really didn't want to mention anything before you left but I just knew either your plans would change or you would bump into the crisis over there at some point. All summer my clients who had visited the Greek Isles came back with stories,mostly distressing. I think it's now unavoidable on most islands. Although there is no actual trouble,it can be upsetting to witness. I think if you were staying for a length of time on an island resort it would be harder but moving around on the cruise ship should make it easier.
    @tompuss That's a pretty awesome cake! Very clever video. Both you and @sunshine excelled in you music and video choices for Kathys birthday!
    @mumsie I really have to laugh at your apology for Kathys card being late!! Ermmmm you just met up with her!! Sure it would've been early but still LOL! So the meet ups are over :( Still can't believe you actually spent time with Kathy and Kimmie! *sighhhh* One day...............
    Have fun on the next stage @mumsie42!
    OB I'll take that coffee and brownie to go please X
  • @jlz yes, I do agree with you about the mistakes at this point in the game. I think I like the baking shows better then the cooking. Everyone seems to be kinder and gentler. By the way did you read far enough back to see my jukebox picks for you on Monday!!! ;D
    If not click on the link below!!

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/comment/170173#Comment_170173
  • @tompuss what a cake! And I'm always disappointed with the final "showstopper"but I expect I'm expecting some Amazing Cake that only professionals cook and decorate

And I've turned into a green pig!
  • And @sunshine and @jlz666 and @tompuss are you watching the The Great British Menu? Fab food. My brother-in-law's suit went to the banquet when it held in the British Embassy in Paris about five years ago. He's a diplomat, he wasn't invited, but lent the suit to someone who did!!!
  • @hunnybunny I just sent an email to hubby to see if he can find it.
  • No @sunshine I didn't catch that but awesome! You know your Dancing Queen well!
    I'm not actually watching that @hunnybunny. I always mean to. Hope the suit came back with award winning stains ;)
    I'm watching Dan....I mean New Zealand at the moment but I'm ready to drop kick my husband ;( I've sworn to Lucifer he won't ever live this one down and I'll tell everyone I know. Sooooooo
    As I was working late tonight I asked him if he would break Lily's anti bios up into quarters and put each piece in a bit of ham and give her them bit by bit very carefully. Easy right? I got in the door to find him standing in the kitchen with pieces of ham all over the table.
    I've deleted a huge amount of cursing.......all from me.
    Him- "well I tried to give her them but she just took one and ran away upstairs so I've left the rest for later"
    Me- "Wait...........what?.....Lily's pills are pink....these are white.....what the *bleeeep*?!!!!!! That's my blood pressure meds!!!!"
    Him- *turns whiter shade of pale*
    Me-*Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepin bleeeeeep*
    I mean really? Seriously?! I know he's got a habit of thinking that if he does something badly I won't ask him again but trying to kill the bloody cat!!! I phoned the Vet and unfortunately Beta blockers are harmful but at such a low dose she should be OK but we need to keep an eye out for sudden lethargy. Hence the reason Hubby is now upstairs on the bed with Lily and I'm downstairs watching the Rugby. As if the wee thing hasn't been through enough,her daddy is trying to poison her! What can I say? Unflippinbelievable!
    And breeeeeeeeeeathe.................
  • @jlz it's over an hour of ABBA!!!!!! No interruption!!!!
  • Poor hubby! What's a man to do????? First lesson...never trust the man to get that kind of job done. Lol ;)
    I'm thinking maybe one more pill for @jlz, maybe one for dad.... :/
    Hang in there guys...
  • I'm crushing it as I speak @sunshine ;)
  • @jlz lol!!!!! Here's some bubbly to wash it down!
  • @jlz666 Lily spent 24 hours at the vet and her first day home daddy gave her your medication!?! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! And this time you have to be thankful that he wasn't very successful, so she only got part of the pill. This is not good for your blood pressure. Please give Lily some pets for me. And, you are right, breathe.
  • Thank you @catsnbirds! Yes there's a reason I need blood pressure medication and he's now getting the full brunt of it ;) I'm concerned as she was heavily sedated for most of yesterday and now she's had a piece of beta blocker. You're right though,thank God he wasn't able to give her the whole pill or I'd be at the hospital right now. He's feeling dreadful and only the look of sheer panic on his face stopped me hitting him! She's actually ok so far and I would've expected it to have shown effects by now. Should I let him out of the room? ;)
    @sunshine he's not washing it down with the good stuff lol!
  • @jlz666 Does he want out of the room? Perhaps it is a safe hiding place from the wrath that is waiting for him ;-)
  • He's had the wrath @catsnbirds,that's why he's in the room ;) Actually I've just melted a little bit. I went up to check on them and he's in his jammies,lying propped up on the bed watching the rugby with Lily fast asleep on him.....yes she is just sleeping...I checked....twice ;) He said he'll just stay there as he doesn't want to disturb her. I think he's learned his lesson. Whatever that was? Don't listen to your wife when she asks you do do something? Yeah....he's not so stupid ;)
  • He just earned points for not wanting to disturb her, @jlz666. I'm sure he feels really bad. You should both enjoy the bubbly @sunshine supplied, and on to the weekend!
  • He does @catsnbirds That's his little girl. He's putty around her and finds it difficult forcing her to take meds,that's why it's normally me and why I was so specific in my instructions. It's never easy medicating a cat as I know all to well. Unfortunately because of her brother Oscars conditions,I've had to get tough and can do it to him no problem. Lily however is never ill and I have to give her liquidised food through a syringe for a couple of days which has been a disaster. However......nothing could stop my fury tonight! Now that I'm sure she's suffered no ill effects I'm struggling to to contain my laughter as I think about that initial realisation that he actually gave her my meds!
    Thank you @sunshine! I didn't realise you were offering the bubbly to me as well! *cink*
  • @jlz you are alway first on the bubbly handout list!! ;D
    Bottom shelf for hubby, but maybe a sip of the good stuff;)
  • Oh @jlz666 I'm crying with laughter, inept husbands, and hoping all goes well with Lily.
    Being British, and, especially Scottish, you must have listened to Ken Bruce on Radio 2.
    This week he broadcast the three most said things between married couples:
    Him: Yes Dear
    Her: May I make a suggestion?
    And
    Her: YOU DID WHAT?
    Best wishes for Lily xx

• Yup,sounds about right @hunnybunny! I don't listen to Ken as he's on during the day but last year when we were up north on holiday the only radio station we could get in between mountains was radio 2. It was the first time we'd heard his program and I thought he was lovely! Thanks for the Lily wishes,she's doing fine. Well,she's doing fine after tonight's episode but we've still to see if she's ok with her actual problem ;) I still have to give her the proper pills! She's got pain killers,anti inflammatories and anti biotics to get before bedtime :(
    It's going to be a long night......
    @sunshine if you're still serving I'll take Spiced tea rather than a glass of bubbly please? Good to know I'm always top shelf :D
  • Time to do the drugs. Wish me luck. Now is it the pink ones or the White ones? ;)
    Nighty night all X
  • @catsnbirds hello!!!! I missed you when I popped in and out during dinner.
    @hunnybunny hubby found it, but it's season 1. We are going to give it a go!!
    @jlz yes spiced tea coming up, then off to dreamland for! ;)
  • Drugs dispensed! Went with hairball paste for the pills. That was a Kimmie trick from years gone by and it works amazingly well FYI any other cat owners lurking. Just had to shoot the liquid pain meds down her throat which wasn't nice and ended up with more on me but at least she's had some. One things for sure....her blood pressures ok ;)
    Thanks for the tea @sunshine. Really off to bed now. Work tomorrow :(
  • What! ' you gals having a ,party without me! ! Did I miss it an I to late? :(
  • Ohhh shoulda read up first! ! @Kimmie lesson #1
    @jlz666 I sure am sorry to hear lily and the medication mixup..:( lucky the kitty was smarter than the hubby and refused most of it..I'll be thinking of you
    Well I'm sitting here in the pouring rain ,smoke break officially over
    Bbiab
  • Nighty night everyone♡ thanks for popping in. .
    Night Pa hope all well♡
    See ya all tomorrow Woot Gotta looove Saturday :D
  • Still going through a rough patch Ma. Tried to burn down the house a few days ago while heating a neck pad. Got away with just a few thousand in damages though. Could have been worst if not for SWDNF's good sense of smell.

Night night
  • @jlz how is the kitty? How is the hubby? Did you get any sleep last night?
  • @jlz666 - hope all is well and hubby has something splendid planned for this evening ( special takeaway/ bottle of Cristal/ fab home cooked dinner) !

@pa - are you serious??? You set the house on fire with a heating pad??? And Mrs Rat has let you survive? More info required - May need to ask OB to find a 'Time out' cupboard for you and @jlz666 husband to share a few tales of 'The wrath of wives'!
  • Oops meant to say currently in Paso Robles and this weekend is the Harvest Wine Weekend (not sure where the free tastings are but if there are any we'll find them) AND today is Pioneer Day - eagerly awaiting the annual parade of antique tractors, marching bands etc which will pass by our hotel suite! Yes a suite - when we arrived after several stops en route to take in the amazing sights of the Big Sur - the receptionist told us our reservation had been cancelled!! She said she would upgrade us then, after several minutes she asked, would we be prepared to move rooms after last night - I said (possibly quite grumpily) "no - I'm only here 2 nights - don't want to move stuff after one” anyways she then gave us complimentary drinks cards, sent us to the bar and asked us to come back when we'd finished our drinks and lo - a suite together with a sulphur bath!!! You have to google this place Paso Robles Inn - had the sulphur spa bath last night and slept like a log!!!
  • @sunshine kitty is doing well. I'm just in from work and gave the numpty a crash course on med admin. So far so good ;)
    @mumsie42 No fancy plonk but a home cooked meal :D The suite sounds fab and well worth being grumpy! Good luck sniffing out the free tastings,I'm sure your nose will find a few ;) The parade sounds fun! I'll have to google that and Pioneer Day. Never heard of it. Enjoy your weekend X
    @rat I'm as confused as Mumsie. Are you just trying to compete with my hubby or being serious?! Kill the cat or burn the house down. It's a close one. So very,very sorry if it's true,that's awful :( However I do think there should be a time out place. This is ridiculous.
  • Oooooo Paso Robles looks fab @mumsie! I did get a bit confused tho. I googled Pioneer Day and it immediately flung up July 24th in Utah! However when I looked at Paso Robles it showed today. I guess each State has their own day?
  • While I'm here and before I forget,Happy Thanksgiving weekend @Karen68! Are you having all the family round?
  • @jlz666 thanks - you always remember when our Thanksgiving is! Yup, both mine & my hubby's families are coming for dinner tomorrow. Got a 24 lb turkey to cook, so it will have to go in the oven pretty early. All that last minute prep stuff has me running around like a crazy woman today.

I couldn't believe what I read - poor Lily! I'm so glad to hear she's ok. But all those meds she's on - I hope she heals soon.

@mumsie sounds like you're having a wonderful vacation. Free upgrades (& drinks) are always a nice touch.
  • @karen68 I've got a U.S. made calander in my kitchen (courtesy of Mum) It doesn't tell me a damn thing about what's happening in my country but I always know what's going on over the pond. A 24lb turkey?!! Wow! Hope you get some help but if you're anything like me I prefer the help out of the kitchen. Just start tomorrow with a glass of fizz,that's how I handle Christmas dinner. Everything seems so much easier! Good luck and have a wonderful day with the family.
    Unfortunately my kitchen in the morning now looks like a scene from "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" The 4 of us have meds to take. All I need is nurse Ratched to dispense them ;)
  • @mumsie. Might not be free unless you buy some wine, but these are really excellent:
    Tables creek
    Fratelli
    Turley
    Have fun!
Post in the New Forum!