The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2527
  • 159633 Comments
  • That's a very nice attitude Kathy. Just reread your comment re the interview, which is interesting thank you.

I'm very competitive (in AB and in life generally) but cannot contemplate cheating. (I'm not clever enough to get way with it even if I wanted to ;) )

What's really enjoyable is when you discover a hitherto unpublished way of getting a high score - and then you can share the strategy with other ABN members.

That's quite rare (for me anyway) but really satisfying when it happens.

Regards

• Goodnight @kathy @catsnbirds @pellystar
    The builders are here in the morning (three weeks in and counting) and I have to get up way before my normal time, again...
  • @hunnybunny

In the last few weeks I've looked in at the pub forum from time to time but have not had anything to say, and it does to an extent have the feel of a cosy little clique.

But I recognize there's some good characters (you being one of 'em)

In general I do lurk more than I post (this sounds bad I think).

BTW I'm at Edgbaston tomorrow - hopefully witnessing a thrashing of the Aussies.
  • Ty @Pellystar, i am a bit competitive on the boards here in the Nest as well, I like learning different approaches, not usual for me to come up with one myself, but every so often I feel good if i can share and it helps someone,
    Nothing bad about lurking, we all do it, and Its nice to know that even though some don't often necessarily join in the conversation, that they are peeking in lol:)
    Hope to see you pop in more often, and you know anything you want (a drink, meal) lol Ob is happy to serve :D
    nighty night @hunnybunny Sweet Dreams. .
    I'm off to get lost in Space bbl
  • @Pellystar @Catsnbirds

I enjoy the recognition I get in the Nest and Game Center but it's definitely not the reason I fling. You can see how unimportant my ranking on GC is by the fact it took me over a year to even mention to Rovio that I'd been removed. It wasn't until they posted that picture of their "#1 Angry Birds Space Player" that I got interested in having my ranking correctly displayed. Yeah, that bugged me a little bit. Their marketing department should know better. Shame on them.

And I love sharing my RAT sRATs in detail with the Nest. My favorites are the ones where the flingers now know how to do it but can't. Except for die hard flingers like @Burpie. He will go without eating and sleeping until he accomplishes a difficult stRATegy. He's like me. He loves a challenge. But if strategies were mandatory, as some flingers would like, I would balk and give minimal info. I hate being told what to do.

Did y'all hear what @Ma said? She's a "BIT" competitive. ha ha
    Just a bit Ma???
  • Hi Mrs. Bunny. You get a posting all your own from me. Cause you're special.
    What's with the builders? Did I miss something?
  • @Pellystar -- Great to see you in the BP.
    I agree that GC is worthless, and I haven't looked at it in years, but when Rovio (AB I think) tweeted a picture of someone they claimed was the world's number one scorer on AB Space, and it wasn't @Rat, I had to look. I think the photo posted (his #1 score in the Solar System) is a scam. I think it was obtained in the first few hours the episode was released, or is a total fraud. See my comment above:
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/comment/169339#Comment_169339
    @Rat -- Were you just dreaming that your score was replaced?
  • @Pellystar -- You're always welcome in the BP. I think it sounds like a cozy little clique because so few people drop in to say something. We aren't cliquish at all.
  • @Mvnla2 No, it was actually there for at least thirty minutes. I was gathering data on Romo to establish an approximation of his score in Pig Dipper and S-15 and saw it was not there, and then it was. But when I looked again 3-4 hours later, it was gone.
  • Hope everyone had a decent day, time for me to hit the hay. .
    hmm I'm a poet and didn't know it lol ..seriously i didn't plan to rhyme that haha

G'nite all Pleasant Dreams to those on this side of the Pond, Pleasant Day to those on the other side :D
    nighty night Pa ♡
  • @kathy, @rat9 and all

I saw GC discussion and you're curious my S-15 score.
    My name/ID was removed too since I archived about 3.2M.

Thanks.
  • Hmmm. Strange.
    I was not ranked both when I checked the rank the day before yesterday.
    But just now I checked it on GC again.
    My Space(for iPhone) rank was removed but I found Space HD(for iPad) rank on top.
    Let me share my S-15 & total score for Pig Dipper both for Space & Space HD.
  • This Game Center issue gets "Curiouser and curiouser!" Now that @Romo has given us his info, it's as clear as mud. I knew I saw a white rabbit at this party. I'm still down the rabbit hole with @Hunnybunny in Wonderland. Or is it @BeautifulVVorld? ha ha

Thanks for the info @Romo. But it raises more questions than answers. Neither of us are ranked in Pig Dipper because of our ridiculously high S-15 scores. But you are ranked #1 in Total Space with a score that includes your 3.2 million glitch while I'm not ranked at all. How did you do that? ha ha
    And I think I better understand why you have two Game Center ID's. You have one for Space and one for Space HD. I lied. That has me befuddled as well. ha ha

Speaking of scores, you've posted a lot of great ones in Mirrors Space. Sorry for all the Sheriff visits? *snicker* I'm about as sorry for sending him to visit you, as you are for sending him to my door so often. ha ha ha
    Keep em coming.
  • @rat9 Let me talk more strange thing.
    With Space HD, my rank was removed on PD planet but can see suspicious No#1 position on total rank. Strange.
  • Haha!! Rough one huh Pa? I Dun tol' ya not ta go an overdo it!
  • I haven't flung in days Ma.
  • Thanks @TomPuss. I hope you feel better than my picture.
  • @pellystar that was a thrashing! Enjoyed it on Sky. Hope you had a good day at Edgbaston

@rat you'll always post your stRATs, you just love to be the best, and tell everyone how you did it, knowing that no one else has your magical thumb, whatever pressure you are put under.

Builders refurbishing two bathrooms (one finished other than some accessories, one empty, other than basic structures for shower and the wall hung loo and sink)

And I give up on GC, being stuck down a rabbit hole with a rat was enough to send me insane, without trying to work out the difference between ordinary and HD.

@kathy competitive? Well if you ain't, you're a damn good natural flinger.
  • Oh, to my eternal shame, forgot @TomPuss Hope everything is going so well for you xx
  • @tompuss Hope your feeling better? are you home yet? sorry if 8 missed that you were; ( Great pic of Our resident KingRat :)
    Yes @hunnybunny I'm a 'liiitttllee' competitive heehee, believe me I'm no
    natural born flinger lol..I'm thinking of joining you ,@karen68 and @estar in seasons soon, are you all still flinging there? if so where? lol talk about the proverbial 20 questions.
    I imagine you've gone to bed by now. sweet dreams
  • @tompuss I hope you are home & healing well. Love the rat pic :)
    @kathy I haven't done much flinging since the summer started other than the challenge & occasionally cruising through some old Seasons episodes looking for improved levels.
    I was going to go back to Space - still haven't finished Brass Hogs (level 9-11 is killing me) but I've started Tropigal Paradise in Seasons. I'll probably be there for a while at the rate I'm going.
  • And as for GameCentre - I ignore it. The leaderboards here are better!
  • Hey @Karen68 :D nice to see you. OB please bring up some of the special stock for Karen.
    Oohh You have it ready ,your the best:)
    Karen i still have 1 episide left in space, FMTtM I'm hating it so far, so Tropical paradise sounds like a much needed break soon, if your gone when i get there I'll listen to the rumours of your vacation there lol, I'm sure there are some memorable stories lol, I'll be calling on you to helpme tread the waters hee hee
  • Thanks for the drink OB :)
    @kathy isn't FMTTM the one with all the moving pig bubbles? I'm not a fan of those levels that need good timing ( in other words I'm bad at them).
    It'll be nice to see you on vacation :)
    Mind you it's felt like the tropics here the past week, been so hot & humid. Yuck.
  • Yes Karen that is the one, I li hate it!: ask me why I'm flingin it then lol..
    because it's there haha I'm a glutton for punishment haha, and Yeppers guess I'm a bit competitive heehee.
    yes the weather is very 'tropical ' yucck describes it perfectly :/
    I'm off to dreamland, nighty night all
  • Night Pa ♡
  • Hey @all Just to tell you I'm going home tomorrow! Hospital is all but closed up now for hols, and so I'll have nurse to come visit at home next week. Can't wait! Today I got rid of the very un-chic white support stockings they make you wear, couldn't stand them a moment longer. .

Later I'll go back for post-op consult, fingers crossed for no further treatment. .

@rat9 For the moment I look as bad as the King Rat character. . But there are some very nice rats at the beginning of this video, which is really great (all you knitters and embroiderers take note):

Embroidered Zoetropes:

http://youtu.be/ZVXke3n-HU0

See the guy's channel for how to make a zoetrope!

xoxo

• I thought you were already home @TomPuss. You can get sick if you stay in the hospital too long. Or at least get sick of the hospital. Escape! Go home! It's a lot more comfortable, that's where your things are, and the food is a thousand times better. ha ha

Neat! Zoetropes have come a long way since the small flip books we did as kids.

• @tompuss glad to hear you are home tomorrow. Home is the best place. Stay strong, stay happy, stay well
    I seldom hug but ((((huge hug))))
  • I'm not sure I can train you anymore @Ma. You being a Sling GOD and all. Let me be the first to congRATulate you on your new rank. WTG
  • @All, my score is
    Space HD (iPAD):
    Total score for PD : 6,215,940, S-15 : 2,761,550

Space (iPhone):
    Total score for PD : 5,915,410, S-15 : 2,526,900

On Game Center, have no rank on total&PD for Space, have the rank only on total for Space HD.
  • Wooot !!! Thanks Pa :D I hadn't realized I made Sling God, until this this morning when @wrw01 congrat me in badge and rank group

, The comment that put me over the top i think was My last comment to you on pig bang 19 lol, i didn't even know. .
    anyway just got home from a night out ,gonna fling a few then nighty night
    something has changed with the updating of the background, i cant quite figure it out, but I'm really close to the bottom of the page ?
  • Whadda ya mean my Training is ova? Nooooooo! ! *cry*
    Ob I need a Pigkiller please and some bacon bits, :ty

@Tompuss Yes home tommorow which is probably today I'm behind the clock :/
    Best wishes ♡♡♡
  • I'm blind @Ma. I looked for @wrw01's comment about your rank in B&R line by line for the last two weeks. I couldn't find it.
  • @rat
    I sent @Kathy a public note. Did not post on B&R page. Sorry for your time spent.
  • ahhhh Ty @Wrw01 for clearing up that confusion lol, and ty I'm Proud to be a member of the Sling Gods :) The 3 P"s are still my motto which you taught me years ago :)
  • Nighty Night Pa ♡
  • Yea!! @TomPuss is headed home. Don't overdo it just because your home. Follow the doctors advice.

Thanks for the info @Romo. Weird.
  • A graceful curtesy to the Godess @kathy
    And I doff my hat to @pellystar
    Well done both
  • Thank you @hunnybunny
    Yea @tompuss nothing like returning home after a hospital stay!
    Nice garden pic, over here there is No smoking on hospital grounds, not even in the parking lot,,although people still do. when i was up visiting sis, i went out to the lot to smoke and security guard approached and said "no smoking allowed,But if you pretend your walking to your car about to leave then it's usually oveooked" haha there's always a way:D
  • ..............BREAKING NEST NEWS.........MAYHEM IN MIRRORS.........

The Marmoset Murdering Moll Ma has done it again. Prior to finishing all the levels, she has taken her rightful place along side the King as the Queen of Mirrors. Not bad Ma. And you still have over 300,000 points left to ensure that your reign is a long one.
  • :D Thanks Pa!!! ya went and dun taught me right isay i do; )
  • *small quiet tentative* woot
    I'm back as the "#1 Angry Birds Space Player" according to Game Center. Still no Pig Dipper scores or ranking, but my Space total is correct.
    wimpy woot
  • Tonight's puppy - best sneeze ever!!

http://youtu.be/OkSCK3mJzUQ

xoxo
  • @rat9, @all
    Rats are brilliant at everything!
    Including Ham Dunk:

http://youtu.be/-LMgkGesoVI
  • I knew that @TomPuss. Thanks for noticing.
Post in the New Forum!