The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2451
  • 159649 Comments
  • Sorry to pop in and out again, but I think I am coming down with a little cold. The first signs are there, so I plan to attack it with lots of mindless telly watching, rest, vitamins, fluids and a good nights sleep. Will pop in tomorrow to see and hopefully read about all your thanksgiving stories (if you have time to share them of course). We don't celebrate it over here, but it sounds like a wonderful time to spend with loved ones. Enjoy everyone!
  • Thanks for popping in @Estar ((((((hugs))))) I'm popping also in between cooking:) hope you can fend off the cold..rest is best♡♡☆☆
    @mvnla2 if i ate before hand I'd have been not hungry at dinner time :( i wish i could eat like others di but idk icant:/
  • Happy Birdday @SweetP :)

Well and of course happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it :D
    Fortunately we don't have anything like that over here. Family celebrations with loads of food aren't exactly my thing ... somehow, I always end up feeling horribly sick.
  • Just finished eating, waiting the pie in the oven ;D
    Hi & Bye @estar
  • No desert for me lol @AEX10 hope yours is delicious:) I'm too stuffed for desert no room..jammies made it through the day.. but i had to showa so now fresh jammies and a show:)
  • @E-Star -- I'm stuffed. I agree with @Annifrid that holidays with tons of food, no matter how good, always leave you wishing you hadn't eaten quite so much. We had dinner with some friends in a restaurant in Pasadena, just north of downtown LA. On the way there (at ~3:30pm) the thermometer in our car said 87F. We could have easily eaten dinner outside if we didn't mind the heat. Eating in an air-conditioned inside was just right.
    Oh, and I hope you aren't getting a cold. Not fun.
    [edit]: Forgot to mention that LA is well on the way to setting a record for the hottest year on record.
  • It was good @kathy, But it's bed time :(
    Night @all, Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
  • Nighty night @AEX10 happy you had a good meal and desert:); Sweet Dreams :)
  • Oohh @mvnla2 I only wish it was that warm here:( its below freezing and snowing here not fun.
    so good you enjoyed your dinner in the A.C. :)
    Jeez wish we could switch places lol ..i hate ac and love hot weather:/
  • Night Pa ♡
  • Night Ma
  • what's the matter ?
    a member of abn, @junggle1029 , is posting forums in korean .
  • and he is posting too many !
  • @bird watcher those are made by a spam bot... :((
    I have been deleting them every few seconds, until the Birdleader can put a lock on that user. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • hmm.. that's why I saw a korean post in BP and it vanished when I refreshed the page.
  • Hello @Bird_Watcher, that happened the other day too, has to be troll spamming. Someone with nothing better to do. . .
  • Oh hi @EStar babe, you caught it! How's your cold?
  • @TomPuss hi!! cold is still lingering, My guess is it will be hitting me right when me and hubby are leaving for Cologne... it always does, like if my body just decides... you have vacation, so time off, therefor time to be sick :/
  • [[[huggs]]] and kisses @TomPuss I loved the video links you send me and the one with "dear kitten" so rock, didn't know they uploaded new ones... the one with the dog is hilarious!
  • @EStar caught a cold ?
    take care of yourself . wish that it will be cured soon. :-)
  • @bird watcher thanks! Don't have the cold yet, but the sore throat is here and that's always a sign for the cold for me :(
  • don't worry @EStar !
    just have a cup of hot chocolate and have fun of winter :-D
  • @EStar Tee-hee, love what he does with the toilet paper!

Ummmm. . Cologne ? *TomPuss's whiskers quiver* Do I smell a rat? Nah, my imagination running riot, surely. . .
  • I wasn't feeling up to the Colonge trip @TomPuss. SWDNF went without me. That was the trip they gave her the luggage scare on.
  • @EStar -- Be sure to take some zinc lozenges and plenty of vitamin C along with the hot chocolate. Hope you have a good time in Cologne. At least you won't be flying.
  • @rat9 Aawww, that was a near miss. . . hope you make it over here sometime soon -:)
  • Hi all, thanks for the wishes for a good cruise. We are now at sea!
    Quick catch up, one thing stood out. @rat I have no idea what cubic capacity my fridge is, but I do have a separate wine cooler!
  • It's on the short list @TomPuss.
    What ship are you on @Hunnybunny? I'm curious about the weather for cruising the North Sea this time of year. Very large fridge...I'm still snickering.
  • Oh my, what a nice surprise! Sorry I haven't been here until today. Celebrated Thanksgiving with visiting family was a bit hectic and there was hardly a moment's rest. We (the ladies in our family) were discussing how much time and effort it takes to put together this big feast, cooking all day, and then when we sit down to eat it all, it only takes about 15 minutes, tops! Ahhh, but it sure is well worth it to be surrounded with those closest to your heart.

@E-Star, thank you for the beautiful banner! Hope you're feeling better soon!
    @Kathy, my dear friend, Happy Thanksgiving! Did we eat enough food last night? Haha, I should've set my scale back 10 pounds so I wouldn't feel so bad this morning.
    @AEX10, pleased to meet you!
    @mvnla2, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too! IKR, just couldn't eat enough of all the goodies! Well, plenty of leftovers and good memories!
    @Hunnybunny, you must be getting so excited for your cruise!
    @TomPuss, that card trick was cool! so simple, but I still wonder how they do that? Ohhh, the Cardistry wizards from Singapore - I've never seen anything like it! That is card magic in itself! I'll have to watch the rest of those links later when I'm not in a hurry.
    @Karen68, no sweetie, I didn't have to spend the entire day cooking. Had lots of help and after dinner everyone sang Happy Birthday and I got to open my presents! Woot-woot, this girl is gonna have a great weekend! Going golfing Saturday at a gorgeous course with some new golf clubs!

Oh my, I'm exhaused. I'll have to come back later today and finish this list of well-wishers!
    I have to get going, a few of the cousins want to go sightseeing in San Diego and I'm the tour guide because I lived there for about 15 years. (I hope we don't get lost, Haha!)

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU everyone for making this part of my life so special. I just L♥VE the Nest!
    I'll be back, so everyone please stay safe and enjoy the weekend.
  • @Mumsie Where are you? You weren't here ringing your cowbell during the Alabama game and we lost. Tomorrow is the last game of the season for all the teams. We need you to ring that bell louder than ever. We're on the cusp of losing a spot to compete for the national championship.
  • *hangs head in shame*
    Sooooo very sorry to have missed not only a major holiday but also a birthday :( Real life just got in the way as per usual. I hope every one of my U.S pals had a fabulous day yesterday. @sweetp I'm truly sorry I let your birthday slip through the net. I never usually let that happen. When I get my act together I'll find some pressies for you. How nice of America to honour your day though!
    @hunnybunny enjoy your cruise! Hope the weather plays nice. You're kinda pushing it in the Med right now aren't you? Whatever......it's handbags,glad rags and 5* food for a while so enjoy!
    @tompuss Forgive me I haven't had the time to look at your latest vids but I'll make time over the weekend.
    @estar I'm sending every ounce of good vibes your way. You WILL NOT be ill for Cologne!!! I'll be in touch soon babe,I promise. Life is just.....Arghhhhhhhhhh:( It's basically frying my brain:(
    @rat I shop regularly for fresh food,visit local butcher every week and cook for freezer. I've a large fridge/freezer in my kitchen and and extra chest freezer in the garage. I don't like manufactured goods,however I love a take out Indian or chinese meal ;)
    I've only just skimmed through the last few pages so apologies for whatever I've missed. Got another couple of busy days ahead so I'll try to catch up with PM's ASAP. I promise.
    Hugs to all
  • To all the regulars here, does anyone remember the Bloated Pig facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bloated-Pig/320140314737375
  • Hey @sparty83 nice to see you here;) have yourself a beverage and a snack on the house of course OB will be delighted to see a new face here.
    I vaguely rember @Ripsy starting a FB page but i rarely use FB myself so i never checked. .ty for the link; )
  • Jeez now i feel like an ass :( i should have helped out more in promoting the FB stuff:(
    sorry @rdnzlrips82
  • @Sparty83 -- Wow! I wonder if I provided one of the measly "likes". I think I must have known about it, but I'd totally forgotten it existed.
    I'm like @Kathy -- I don't use my real-world facebook account much, except sometime to check out how the younger generation of relatives are doing.
    I do have a gaming FB page, used for AB Epic, but I don't visit that one very often either. Some of my Epic friends use their personal accounts, so it would be possible to keep up with everything they post to their personal friends. I don't understand why they do it, and I pay as little attention to what they've posted as possible -- as in, if I need to visit my Epic Facebook page, it is nearly impossible to miss the most recent personal post from one friend, but I don't scroll down to see what else has been posted.
  • @mvnla2 I'm dreading Epic when i get to it for that reason I would rather have a separate account so i don't see others daily postings I don't need to know what they had for breakfast or their current'status' I'll never understand FB or even how to navigate through the things peoples post and/or why they feel the need to tell the world thier day to day life goings on:/
  • @kathy Glad to catch you. . Hey did your sis finally come for Thanksgiving? I better send this before you go to bed!

• I'm sorry @tompuss I'm falling asleep while flingging.lol..
    No my sister never came ty for asking..she did finally reply with a lame excuse:(
    Nighty night..talk soon
  • @sparty83, @mvnla2 That's a pretty FB page. . . but I don't want to subscribe to FB, or Twitter, or any other social media. The Nest is just fine for me, I love it! Only reason I'm not Uncaged is that I don't want to join PayPal!

@mvnla2 @science_buffs You remember the "murmuration" of starlings? I had a feeling it must be math-based in some way, and it is:

New video:

http://youtu.be/M1Q-EbX6dso

Article:

http://scitechdaily.com/patterns-of-flocks-of-starlings-mathematically-behave-how-magnets-would-move/

@all Have a nice day/night/whatever
    xoxo
  • Hi @Sparty83. I also had no idea there was a FB page. @Sunshine and @Angryboy put a lot of work into the menu for a long time with no feedback. Wish I'd known.
  • @all - quick pop in to say I haven't fallen off the planet but real life is still as much as I can handle! No time to catch up but @rat I've two of the grand kids coming tomorrow so I'll set them to ring the cow bell all day - they love making noise! @mvlna2 no time for golf at all at the moment. @tompuss as always live the vids. @sweetp belated happy birthday. And a quick Hi to @kathy, @jlz666, @estar @karen68, @hunnybunny and all my other nest friends!
  • I don't know if two grand kids equal one @Mumsie. So just for good measure, please furiously shake that cowbell for a few minutes yourself at about 6pm EST Saturday. Thanks for the help.
  • @rat9 the whole team spent a lot of time updating page 1 of BP on a daily basis. :)
    @ripay was very proud of the FB page as well!
  • @Sunshine Y'all did that daily? Whoa! That's a lot of work. Idiots like me didn't read the first page every time I came to the BP. We never knew. Or at least I didn't.

Edit: In my defense, I think the front page was more or less stable by the time I started coming to the BP.
  • @rat9 it was a lot of work, but lots of fun as well! The creative energy was very addictive for @estar @kathy @rdnzlrips82 and myself. We brought @angryboy in later. :)
  • @rat9 if you go to the first page and click on the first song on the jukebox you will hear how I feel about the BP. I think the song describes the image and feeling of the BP. After you listen to it let me know what think. ;)

Robert Earl Keen: Feelin' Good Again
  • @rat9 my third pick also says everything!!! I truly mean every word of it for my dear friends and team member @estar @kathy and @rdnzlrips82 , as well as my dear friends here at the BP and throughout the Nest!! Cheers! :D

Bruno Mars - Count on Me

• @TomPuss -- Love the info on starlings! I wish I could see the real thing. Does it only happen at dusk? What causes them to stop?
    For anyone who might be interested in the nitty-gritty scientific article, it's here:
    http://www.pnas.org/content/109/13/4786.full?sid=453b600d-05ea-4bb7-bb81-472fd29fa405
    Warning -- I didn't read it, just scanned it.
Post in the New Forum!