• 159573 Comments
  • Early night for me sorry I've not been popping in lately will try tomorrow

Night Pa
  • Good night 70's.

Night Ma
  • Mornin' Pa :)
    Have a great day everyone!
    *sets out baskets of earplugs on the bar and all booths*
    Welcome to WWwwwwhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnneeeeee Tuesday! !
  • same to you @kathy ! good morning to US, but it is only evening in India !!
  • @Bird Watcher -- I't Tues morning in the U.S., and it's Tues. night or maybe even Wed morning in India now.
  • @mvnla2
    yes it is true that it is tuesday night in our country.
    however, wish you and @all a good and pleasant day.
  • Morning @all (night @Bird Watcher :). Got the abo, update but when I press play, it crash's :(
  • I hope everyone in the US of A has their turkey thawing by now. My condolences go out to all the Angry Turkey Birds that gave their all so that we might eat tomorrow. I only use birds that died killing piggies. It seems a waste not to honor them with dressing on the side. Happy Thanksgiving.
  • Happy WHINNNEEEE Tuesday everyone!

I'm all done with the house cleaning and ready for the out-of-town family to arrive tonight. I can hardly wait until they get here. I have a new nephew and niece to cuddle and spoil! Went and bought a bunch of toys for them, just hope their mommies and daddies don't get a headache from all the noise they'll make, heehee!
  • Do you still have unresolved issues with your brother or sister @SweetP? Giving their children noise makers is cruel and unusual punishment. So why do us Aunts and Uncles love doing it so much. ha ha ha I have no children so it's done to punish them for having something I don't. What's your excuse?
  • Heehee @rat9! Actually, it's my brother-in-law's two sons that had the babies. I think we love doing it because of the torture we had to endure when we were growing up! Good way to get back at them...revenge is sweeet!
  • @Rat -- I only cook fresh, not frozen, turkeys, so need to thaw. On top of that, we are going out to dinner with some friends this Thanksgiving. Think it's the first time in my entire life, unless we were in Hawaii one Thanksgiving, or was it Christmas -- a while ago in any case.
  • @Mvnla2 Fresh? All meats? Or just your turkey? Using only fresh, never frozen, meats in the USA is almost impossible anymore. Most poultry, beef, and seafood arrives at the stores frozen and is thawed to be processed as needed. It must cost you a mint to buy a fresh turkey. Where do you shop? Oh my goodness! I just had a vision of you swinging a turkey by the neck as my mother used to do with chickens when I was young. lol She'd grab that chicken by the neck and swing it around once or twice before cracking it like a whip, breaking it's neck. And for all you young whippersnappers, it's true, a chicken will run around for a while after you break his neck. Now that was fresh.
  • Oh my goodness @hunnybunny Seventies Really? I was a teen in the seventies and Never in life did i see dresees like those! !
    Sorry i missed you this morning @aryamoitra i was quick popping in before work to place the earplugs lol. Ty for your thoughts for a pleasant day:) it was
  • @SweetP I'm confused. Wouldn't that make it your sister's two sons that had the babies? Or did your brother-in-law remarry and have children. But then he wouldn't be your BiL anymore. ????
  • Oh, @rat9. That would be HWDF's brother's sons that got married, one last year the other one 5 years ago. It was their WIVES that had the babies.
  • @AEX10 which ABO update? I didn't get one? @sweetp hope you have a wonderful time with your nephews lol , I used to buy both of my brothers boys noisy toys hee hee payback is Fun! !
    Pa my turkey is fresh also but i made the mistake of putting it in the freezer Sunday when i got home with it, I didn't know it wouldn't spoil in days lol..now in fridge!
  • Hi Pa; )
  • Hmmm thanks Pa for that mental image of your Ma swinging a chicken round by the neck lol
    And answering the always wondered Do they really run around with thier heads cut off? Hee hee
    Now tell me Which comes first the chicken or the egg?
  • @Rat -- Remember that I live in LA. To be assured of a fresh, never-frozen turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas, you need to order it a week or more in advance. Yes, it does cost more than the frozen ones, but it is much better -- more moist, and no additives (at least if you order organic, free range).
    I buy fish at a fish store mostly, and only buy the fresh, wild caught (not farmed, not previously frozen). I admit that even at a good fish store, most of the fish is farmed and/or previously frozen. At many places in CA (and anywhere on either coast), you can buy fish fresh off the boat if you go to the harbor.
    I am surprised that you say most poultry and beef arrives frozen. Will have to check into that. What I buy does not say previously frozen, but...
    I don't understand why anyone would bother freezing beef, since you pay extra for aged beef, but what do I know? I thought all the poultry and meat I buy was not previously frozen, but we do freeze a lot of it when we get home. We only go to the grocery store once a week. We never freeze fish, always cook the day we buy it.
  • Hi @kathy! The ABO update is the one for iOS Red's Mighty Feathers has a new Gold Egg (it's actually red).
    My nephew is only 9 mos. so he got a toy that makes farm animal noises when he spins the wheel, and also makes noises like a car. He hasn't really gotten interested yet, with all the excitement of seeing all these people. Such a cutie! My niece is about 14 mos. and she's a handful! She's a redhead, but so adorable. Loves to boss her older brother (almost 3yo) around.

Oops, gotta run. We're all going out for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! See you all later.
  • @Kathy @SweetP @AEX10 @Bird Watcher -- Hi to all and to anyone I missed.
    Forgot to say that part of my usual Thanksgiving prep is to go to the Wed. farmers' market in Santa Monica, which is huge and then go to the grocery store to pick up the turkey and whatever else I still need. I will miss going to the farmers' market this year, because it is really special, but I won't miss the long lines at the grocery store.
  • Just read up a little bit and saw your comment @mvnla2 about the fresh turkey! When I used to visit my friend in Hancock Park area, we used to buy our fresh turkey from Farmers Market. Yummmm!

Ok, really gotta go now.
  • @SweetP -- Can you believe I've never been to that Farmers' Market? Really need to go one of these days.
  • @mvnla2 why will you miss your trip to the Farmer's market? Did it close? Sorry if i missed
  • Hmm @sweetp i didn't get that update?
    Enjoy your dinner and your company:)
  • Why are these protesters wearing Guy Fawkes masks? Isnt that a holiday in Scotland that @Jlz666 just celebrated last week or so? I dont get it :/
  • Duh @SweetP. My mind got locked on YOUR brothers and sisters and forgot all about your hubby. Don't I feel stupid? ha ha But revenge is sweet.

@Mvnla2 I don't know if it's true anymore, but when I lived in England thirty-five plus years ago, the culture was to do daily shopping. The refrigerators were tiny and there really wasn't a freezer to speak of. But your ingredients were fresher. Does anyone know if that's changed? I hope not.
  • @Kathy -- We will be eating Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant with friends (the first, or at most second time in my life), so no reason to go to the farmers' market; but there is always Christmas as an "excuse". FYI, the Wed. Santa Monica farmers' market is known as the place where all the great chefs in LA shop.
    As for the Guy Fawkes masks, interesting that you ask. The Guy Fawkes mask has been appropriated by a group called Anonymous. I think they are anarchists, but need to check. Some news commentators that I heard earlier today thought that was an extremely interesting development. They had never seen protesting African Americans wearing those masks.
  • I'm back for just a little bit. Taking a couple of the ladies for a last-minute grocery store run in a few minutes.

@mvnla2, Oh my, you MUST go at least once! I'm pretty sure it's changed since I was there over 10 years ago. Back then when it was set up in the parking lot, huge circus tents set up for all the vendors, tripping over cracks in the asphalt. Bright fresh flowers for sale everywhere, homemade soaps, sundries, fresh poultry, fish, and meats. And so much more! Wow, what good memories.
    http://www.farmersmarketla.com/visitorInfo
    Hmm...parking back then was free, and it's grown almost ten times larger.

You might want to make a day of it, since it's near the La Brea Tar Pits.

@Rat, no worries, I knew you'd forgotten about my "other half." Anyway, no more noise for tonight. They're all asleep from the long plane ride and excitement. They look like sleeping angels.

@Kathy, I thought you had an Android? The update is for iOS. I don't think there will be one of us Android players. It was to get donations for support of AIDS Foundation. See this post from BL: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-original-red-update-out-now-on/

And yes, it IS true, a chicken will run off (or flap it's non-existent wings) wildly after cutting its head off, if you don't hang onto it by its feet. Been there, done that when I was a kid growing up on the farm.

Gotta go, have a good night all!
  • @mvnla2 I'm sure your dinner out will be enjoyable just think 'no clean up' that'll make it better, I've only had thanksgiving dinner out once when i was a child myself.
    As for the Guy Falkes masks I'm going to look it up it seems interesting. I did bookmark it lasy week and have been meaning to read up on it.
  • @sweetp yes I do have Android:( so once again we get ripped off an update go figure..
  • @Kathy -- Don't worry about the update, it was only one golden egg level, and won't be on our leaderboard if it is only for IOS.
  • Oh o.k thanks @mvnla2 :)
  • @SweetP -- Thanks for the link. I think it's all inside now? When you were there, you said there was a parking lot with lots of vendors, which implies there was also a building???
  • Night Pa ♡
  • Night Ma
  • @mvnla2, they were set up on a huge parking lot, took up about half of it. Over the years it's grown so much bigger than I remember. It's your local farmers market about 100x bigger!
    I thought it was tents set up, but actually the canopies hanging out on the sides of each roof, all open (no walls) in the interior sections of the market. If you look at the History page in the link, there are a few pics that shows people eating along the perimeter of the merchant booths, where you can see the canopies and more shopping beyond that. I remember tripping over a raised crack in the asphalt, but it looks like they have concrete "sidewalks" now. Parking used to be free, but now it's only for the first 2hrs with validation.

@Kathy, unfortunately we lose out again. But I've been reading a lot of comments that this update has bugs in it. So I'm happy we don't have to deal with that! You'd have to send me to the looney bin if I had to start all over again!

• Good morning @all
    Kathy the RED abo update,
    nm it's working now
  • TomPuss -- WTG! Had to look it up, but @SweetP's birthday is actually tomorrow, Thanksgiving, and I guess unless she celebrates it early or late, she'll be celebrating it slaving away in the kitchen. But at least she's got plenty of company to celebrate with!
    So --
    Happy Birdday @SweetP. Hope you find time to celebrate your special day!
    TomPuss -- Will have to answer the rest of your message later.
  • Humpf! Double post!
  • @mvnla2 Oops, I really don't where my head is at! I've been one day out over the past fortnight!

@SweetP sorry, please imagine you're in Beijing, it's already tomorrow there. . .
  • @TomPuss -- Didn't know Monet lived in Montgeron for a while, and don't think I've seen more than one of those paintings, and not even sure about that one. Thanks!
    I didn't think you got @SweetP's Bday wrong, just thought you wanted to give her a great set of presents when she might have time to enjoy them.
Post in the New Forum!