The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2432
  • 159636 Comments
  • Hi everyone

@Rat9, Sorry to mess up your count but I just took Cosmic Crystals back by 110 points :-)
  • Mumsie comes in with a new contraption (based on reading @rats set up!) it's a series (or array!) of sets of two knitting needles so that as I knit they mimic the action and voila multiple dusters being knitted at the same time! OB a very large G&T please and I may need one or two of the blues to make sure the wool stays untangled. Sooooo many puppies! @kathy the 29 were on 4/5 Oct 13 -Death Star 2-29.
    @tompuss - love the Fred & Ginger video - can't remember who said it "Sure he was great, but don' t forget Ginger Rogers did everything he did backwards...and in high heels!"
    Oh thanks OB - now to work!
  • Apple has taken action. IOS 8.1 is arrived, finally
  • @rat just read back "Go Dawgs!" Only 5 days to go before their next match - sorry can't ring cowbell hands full of knitting needles! (Actually can"t find the cowbell - did @hunnybunny pinch it? Did the cow reclaim it?) "OB have you seen my cowbell?"
  • @kelani Wow, how's that for a coincidence? Love to see that photo when you've got a sec.

That'd be a fazed array. . . right? -:)

Look who's here, hi @burpie pagechanger!

Hi @mumsie, glad you liked it. Ah, high heels, a dim and distant memory, those were the days. .

so @bernersenn, @all, I'm whooshing away to bed now, nighty night and sweet dreams, xoxo
  • @TomPuss -- Yet another great video! Had no idea there was such a huge radio-free zone in the U.S.
  • @mumsie I wouldn't dream of pinching your cow bell!
    But I haven't seen the cow around here for a few days, you never know, @bernsenn might have given her and her bell directions to the Austrian Alps, she'd be a happy cow there, for sure...

WTG @burpie I'm supposed to be flinging in Cosmic Crystals, but keep getting distracted by the daily challenge. See you managed a puppy and the top spot. Wish I could fling that well!

@bernersenn loved the quote, one of my favourites too, in the days when I worked, and @tompuss I wore high heels all day. High days and holidays now! Long live the flip flop and the Ugg boot, comfy but........
  • @TomPuss -- Not sure, but the telescope looked as if it physically moved, all how-many-ever tons. BTW, it's "phased array," as in you change the phase of the signal from different elements of the array to make it look in a different direction without physically moving.
  • Uhhmm @hunnybunny I distinctly remember you ringin that bell yesterday? Hmmmm
    What i don't remember is giving you poofing power ? Did i really?
  • I'll have to check the video later @TomPuss but it sounds interesting from all the comments
    (Too noisy atm guy installing door)
  • Hrmpph now battery dying bbiam..
  • @kathy you surely did, I only "poofed" once, far too scary for me ;-)

And that bell was my very own, you never know when a cowbell may come in handy
  • Goodnight all. Happy flinging
  • Lol @hunnybunny ya *poofing is for professionals only. .after all we know what happened to 'you know who'
    Night night
  • Not too many of us have our very own cowbells @HunnyBunny. I'm surprised you're among the few.
    Geez, I hope that cow didn't wander too close to OB's kitchen. I had a steak sandwich late last night.

@Burpie I haven't played Cosmic Crystals in forever. The Daily Challenge made me do it. Taking the lead was just a side effect. But it didn't take you long to rectify. lol

Hi @Ma. You never taught me how to poof. I meant to ask you when did you certified Mrs. Bunny in poofing.

Don't worry about the Dawgs right now @Mumsie. You've got a lot on your plate with those dusters. 28 puppies? Wow!
  • Mumsie looks pleased at the 22 dusters she has made already and decides that's enough for the first session. She has some difficulty extricating herself from her new contraption, bends down to tidy the yarn bins and finds....... Yes her cowbell!!! Rings it enthusiastically whilst shouting @rat I found it! Go Dawgs!!! @hunnybunny- sorry I forgot you had your own!

OB comes rushing over to ask is she alright as it sounds as though she's gone mad! Then listens as she explains excitedly about MSU being #1, all the time edging her nearer to the door and gently extracting the cowbell from her grasp, thinking he'll have to find a better hiding place.
    Mumsie finds herself at the door, looks at the array of clocks above the bar, locates the one showing UK time, gasps and poofs home to go to sleep!
  • Sleep well @Mumsie. You earned it.
  • I wish I could do that when I was sleepy & generally worn out.
  • Night Pa
  • Night Ma

Good night Kel
  • Hi @all
    @hunnybunny, @mumsie High heels, I used love 'em, but they did so hurt! I wonder if Ginger ended up with bunions too. . I could never dance in them, it's amazing how some can - I kept this as one of my favourites, if only in sheer admiration of the feat:

http://youtu.be/VzA9Gg5uqxA

@mvnla2 Thanks for the info. . but this is where I get really embarrassed about a pun so bad ("fazed" array, referring to @bernersenn's wacky vision of @kenali's set-up) that it passed everyone by. . *blushes in shame* -:(
  • @tompuss - great video - I rarely dance (apart from with @rat on the beach last year!) HWDNF does not dance and I'm not much good either - though I used to be able to do the splits! Shall I try? OB is looking anxious at the thought so I'll not bother!! I am now a fit flop person, slippers or sensible lace ups, the only time anything higher comes out is weddings, and posh dos - and then I kick them off under the table! Back to the knitting - "OB could you ask the blues to deliver that pile of dusters to B&R please?"
  • Howdy everyone :)
    Well I've finally caught up.....I think? Not doing too well today so took the opportunity to read back a couple weeks as I lay on the couch feeling very sorry for myself. I'm not going to admit my stupidity,let's just say I've put my neck out,it's extremely painful and it seems that I'm only able to move my eyeballs from the shoulders up. Yeah......nice one Jlz ;) Hopefully I'll be able to drive,turn my head....hell,just move tomorrow so I can go back to work. Right enough whining. When I look at @Rats problems this is a pathetic drop in the ocean.....It's bloody sore though :(
    Anyhoo,as I'm "enjoying" the sofa,drugs and jammies day I thought I'd say hi!
    So it looks like I missed the opportunity to get an easy puppy on Sunday? Wow! Poor @mumsie! I had a busy friends/family weekend so didn't get a chance to pop in & play. Congrats to everyone!
    @bernersenn I DID finally manage to read back your woes and thank goodness things are on the up. What a worrying list of ailments. Hopefully it was viral and it's finally passed you by. Try to keep your strength and defences up though or you'll be back there again.
    @kelani I'm sorry it's taken so long but I did listen to your songs and they were great! Your ex has a great voice! Congrats on the new iPad,have fun! Oh while I'm on Apple (kinda) I must be the only person who thinks the ios8 update is great?! Up until Saturday I was having phone meltdown problems. Apps closing,phone crashing mid email and not allowing me to copy/paste,apps not updating......the list went on and on. By last Friday I was convinced I was losing my phone. I was still on ios6 as hadn't had the courage/need to go to 7. It was pretty obvious (IMO) that the phone needed to update so I had to almost clear my phone of everything including some apps and all my photos/vids to allow the 8 in. It was a tada moment! Phone is now working perfectly with no probs whatsoever. HOWEVER I lost confidence in my old phone and went into town on Saturday and have ordered the new iPhone 6!!! Wooohoooo!! Went for the 64GB in black/platinum that unfortunately is taking 3/4 weeks to get but YAAAAY! I finally get to fling on something bigger lol!! Yeah it's only a few cm but trust me....size matters!
    Sorry I digress......
    @tompuss Hope you're looking after your back? Is it any better? Wonderful videos as per usual! They're always a joy to watch. Sorry but I'm a heels girl all the way! Love them! I very rarely can feel my feet at the end of an evening so maybe that's how I get away with it,years of blood and blisters ;) Oh and BTW Mr @rat what makes you think we wear them for you lot? We know your eyes are elsewhere ;)
    Oh gosh what else??????
    @estar Wish you'd told me about your credit card saga!! I use nothing else. I'm kinda like the Queen when it comes to ready cash...i.e I don't carry it lol! Because I'm self employed I don't get paid,as such. Well,no weekly/monthly/regular pay. So what I do is use my credit card and then pay it off every month. It's easier for me that way. I think it's a great idea to get one as its a much more secure way of paying for things. As @mvnla says they are usually on the ball with security. They've helped me out no questions asked twice before. It's also perfect for your travels! It's much easier for cross countries or even over the pond journeys? Haahaaaa! We'll make a traveller of you yet!
    All righty I'm getting tired again. I've got to hold the phone up to eye level to see it ;( Seriously @rat I'm so sooooo sorry for your disabilities. I don't know how you do it.
    Well I'll stop gibbering on.....to myself I'm assuming? OB could you take a cheeky wee G&T over to B&R for @mumsie please? Think she'll need it.
    Later peeps X

• Good evening to you all.
    @jlz666 thanks. I think there was a tear in the right pelvis due to a fall during the holiday. When it healed, the pain was gone and together with that the tireness.
  • Mmm why would I want a 'wee' G&T? Now a double! Yeah bring it on! Thanks @jlz666
  • Take care of that neck @JLZ. As I well know, you only have one. Most everything else we have two of. So, easy does it.
    OK Jlz, you got me. Who do you suffer for and why? And when did they start making high heel shoes without the heel'y part? They look dangerous to me.

@Ma Stick close to the BP today. I think @Mumsie is going to need a poof home later. She's starting with doubles.

Fazed array @TomPuss? It went over my head too.
  • Ok @mumsie *fill er up OB!"
    @rat I know,I know :( I've a weak neck from a whiplash injury so I should have known better than to be so stupid. It's a doozy this time I must admit but I'll get hubby to try massage tonight as I can feel my other muscles tightening with tension. It was too painful to touch last night.
    Well the only peeps that would were those monstrosities are Supermodels or the brain dead.......oh wait...;) Nah,they're not for me,I need something to fall back on. I'd have a cracked skull within an hour of wearing those!
  • About credit cards, I never have issues with it. I use Visa since 1995 - the year that I started To use Internet. Compuserve was in that time the only provider in the Netherlands, so I had to use a credit card. The only thing that is major here is discipline. Strange bookings happens now and then, as last summer with Paypal. Then you open a case and it's being solved.
  • Whiiiiiiiniiiiieeee nothing, nada works today. No angry birds in the Ipad, only sweet birds. No decent one-birders on the Challenge, nor in Ham Dunk 2-1. Even no eagle (ball): 67%, argh
  • LOL @bernersenn Yeah credit card discipline is indeed an issue. I've had some strange bookings appear on my statements.....also multiple shoe buys,bizarre cooking implements and fancy dress costumes to name but a few. Although any case we recieve is either stored or drank depending on quality/necessity ;D
    Don't worry about the non compliant birdies,they'll play nice tomorrow I'm sure. I'm still trying to work out which flippin birds I'm flinging in Ham Dunk. No joke.....you can't make them out on some levels on iPhone :(
    Had enough for today I'm afraid. Got a roaring headache so going to try a massage and early night.
    OB could you check on @mumsie please? She's got a slice of lemon hanging from her bottom lip and her knitting needles look like lethal weapons! That's why I asked for a "wee" G&T at 3pm ;)
  • @jlz666 I have quitted playing on the Iphone years ago. I admire people who are able on the device. My eyes (old) and fingers (plump) are not suitable for this. Concerning the birds: I am not gonna feed them today, then we'll see if they will get angry again :D
  • Hey peoples!! I am lost and I don't think I wanna re read the pages I have read to catch up. Somehow the words won't stick, but I assume that if I missed something someone will remind me right?? hihi

@JLZ 666 honey.... honey... honey... what to do with you! Shower you with lots of love and attention or give you a lecture! hmmmm.... guess I was never good at any lectures, so awwwwww I am so sorry for you sweet JLZ, that must bliep tremendously and to know you will have to go to work tomorrow. Sometimes strains like that will be a bit better the next day and I am hoping it will, but if it doesn't... don't test it missy! Better on day extra rest instead of maybe weeks of lasting pains and discomfort. As for the credit card, hahahaha I know a lot about you, probably more than most in the Nest.... But I didn't know you where the Queen of Credit Cards LOL. We did apply for one and we are maybe going to use it, but the apartment will be paid by bank transfer. We have switched to IBAN numbers and it makes it that much more easy to transfer money across countries as they use IBAN as well. But as I said we did apply for one, with the lowest spending limit (1,000 euros), this way the damage, if any, can not be more than me and hubby could handle. I believe you when you say credit cards companies are always on the look out and handling things the right way, but it still makes me hesitant to hand over all the numbers on a website needed to get money from me, all in the faith of them charging me the amount I have agreed upon. All I have ever known is my bank card that I put in a machine and without anyone seeing it I put in my code. So only if my card gets skimmed and my code is somehow seen (I always always always cover the pad and type in the numbers blind, with the result of me having to do it twice LOL) one could get money from me. So a credit card almost feels to me like handing over my bank card and personal pin-code and asking them to go to the ATM for me and not getting my card back, hoping they won't do a second run when I am not looking. I know silly I know... this will probably wear off.

btw we do have a credit card ish... a prepaid credit card we only put somewhere between 50 and 100 euros on, just for internet purchases. So I agree @mvnla2 a great tip to have multiple cards! I would never have transferred the money needed to pay the apartment for my trip in December onto that card... mainly because it is a prepaid online credit card thing of 3V, a company I personally know nothing about. But any company charging me 15ct per minute as a customer service and no office I can swing by... I have trust issue with hahahah
  • @mumsie wow you have been busy! All those dusters, that is amazing! I was notified by a sweet friend, but I didn't find the time to actually try for my first puppy. But then again I am more of a cat person myself :p
  • @TomPuss I haven't had a chance to look at your vids, but I do want to thank you for bringing them to the BP again! Sorry to hear about your back issues, hope the reclining (I had to google that one hee hee, so I learn a new English word today, thanks!) will ease up the back and you will feel better soon!
  • Okay definitely talking to myself... so I am hopping over to my other messages and get back to those. I am still flinging HamDunk (thanks @mvnla2 for that suggestion the "thing" is a ball bag... I would never ever had guessed!) and so far it's slow progress with the "luck of the bounce" not bouncing in my favor.
  • Ooohh dear I've missed sooo much hmm @Jlz666 and @estar were here that explain it lol

*looks over @Mumsie OMGiraffe !!! OB give me a hand please ? *OB and kathy gently pry the knitting 'weapons' from Mumsie cramped fingers , takes lemon off her lip then Kathy 'poofs' her home smoothly to snug her in her bed*
    Gee that woman doesn't know when to stop knitting.. (suppose the 'wee' G&T didn't help llol
    And @Jlz666 has gone and hurt herself:( hope you feel better sweetie and Estar is right Rest another day won't hurt♡♡ I'll catch up (ya right) in pm lol.
    OB I'll have a PigKiller please
  • Mumsie opens one eye realises she's tucked up in her own bed, blows @kathy a kiss to say thank you, closes her eye again and within 10sec is snoring gently.
  • Nope lol @Kelani Estar is full of surprises:)
  • Hey OB did anyone get the earplugs out?
    Time for a wwhhhhiiinnneeeee. Today's challenge. Not a 1-birder in sight for me.
  • Y'know, I bet @estar has a room full of goodies she got while "Shopping" (aka collecting all those card numbers). hehe. As long as she keeps sending me Mentos, I'll never say a word. :>

She has the perfect defense, too. If the Dutchie police stop by, she can say "Card skimming? I don't know what that is. My English isn't very good! (never mind that it's better than some native speakers). Besides, I'm friendly and...cute, and...I have a Kitty! See?"

I'd buy it.
  • @karen68 I got a 1-birder my very first fling on that level. That was 10:30 last night. Hasn't happened since. :/
  • @TomPuss -- Don't worry about a pun that was missed, after all it was I who missed it!
    @all -- Long day today, not to mention a new Epic update. Will have to finish catching up later.
    Sounds like I could at least wish that a lot of you feel better, and keep safe.
  • @Rat -- Had to take a peak at your pic of fashion torture! Aack! Where did you find that! Surely it's a joke. It's true I don't keep up on fashion, and for me, what I dig out for weddings and other fancy events is a nice pair of flats. However, I have been known to drag my hubby through the shoe department, much to his irritation. Used to love nice shoes, with nice low heals. Now I just love looking at them, not wearing them.
  • Sorry @Mvnla2. No joke. That shoe picture came straight out of the online store. In case you secretly want to buy them. They're available at Heels.com.
Post in the New Forum!