The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2406
  • 159630 Comments
  • @TomPuss -- Great videos, as usual! You spoil us.
    @Kelani -- I don't think I've ever seen the guitar played that way. How common is it?
  • @mvnla2 It's not that common, but there are plenty of people who do it. A lot of the Narada/Windham Hill artists play fingerstyle. It definitely opens some creative possibilities, but it ain't easy.

Neat thing about Billy, he was a poor rock guitarist staying at a hotel in LA, about to record a rock album, when someone broke in and stole all his gear, except his acoustic guitar. So he switched to acoustic, mastered fingerstyle, and had his big-selling debut (with that song) about year later. Kinda neat he made millions thanks to a burglar.
  • @kelani @estar -- Help! I forget how to make the video a link.
  • @Kelani -- Thanks, actually found it myself.
    What do you do to make it open in new page?
    Should also say that I didn't realize it was the same HTML I use to link the Members' Map, etc.
  • @mvnla2 good for you :) For new page, add target="_blank" I added it to my previous example for ya.
  • I love the "I'm just practicing!" comment. showoff :P
  • Yeah. But did you hear the mistakes?*
    Did you know that Alkan is supposed to have written the piano music with the most notes per minute?
    *Just joking.
  • @mvnla2 Wow! Love the piece too!
    @kelani No luck for Billy tonight - refused again. . . Tina S does a great job on Vivaldi also:

http://youtu.be/DIGfO2Dgc9Y

Night night, xoxo
  • Hey everyone catch up time lol.
    @Sweetp idk where the best place would be ..I would think the Challenge Page idk I'll thi k on it:)
    @Ripsy sorry the Helium didn't work for ya..I had help it involves copying the files and transferring and stuff I have no clue about sorry:(
    Ob could i have a PigKiller please while i read:)
  • (Unlurk) @kelani Billy M is a friend of yours? Cool! I've been a fan of finger style for several years. I could hear the tune before I clicked the link. As long as I've listened, I've never really seen it. I had no idea they played it all on the frets.

That tune will be stuck in my head for a while. :-)

Hi @ripsy! Good to see you! @mvnla2 @kathy @TomPuss
    (Relurk)
  • @Kelani @BirdLeader -- Interesting that the HTML target="_blank" doesn't seem to work in groups. I added it to the new map update, and it disappeared when I saved it!
  • @mvnla2 didn't know that about Alkan. :)

oh yeah, I heard his horrible mistakes. My ears are still bleeding. hehe.

edit: I suspect many html tags don't work in groups. Never wanted to try and find out, though. You might try adding it without the quotes: i.e. target=_blank
  • @ABcrazy yep, I met him at a live show in Charlotte back in 1998, and taught him how to put his music online. We emailed back and forth every so often. Haven't talked lately, though. He has a copy of my CD, said it was "pretty good, for keyboard music". Funny guy. :)
  • Aah @Kelani -- That reminds me, when is your music collection going live?
  • Yeah @kelani, what @mvnla2 said (see why I lurk?)
  • Great videos and interesting links everyone s sorry I cant comment on each one I love the guitar music ! And the piano as well @mvnla2 and Tompuss :)
    @AEX10 nice to see you popping in:) @kelani you have your very own River:)
    Anyway I tried rember everything I just read but honestly my brain doesn't have the capacity to retain all that at once lol''it dissipates quickly Plus I've got at least 5 other things going on around me. I'll just try not to get behind anymore maybe I could get a
    `Kel update ` @Kelani ? I'm so not familiar with this keyboard but it types very nicely and quick:)
    OB could I get a refill please:)
  • Hi @kathy Oh! Did I say that out loud?
  • Huh? @Abcrazy say What out loud ? :/
    Kinda a quiet in here if that's what ya mean lol
    Where is @Kelani he's usually here holding down the fort..
  • Speak O' the Devil Roflmao !!
  • @mvnla2 @Kathy good question! Probably when Mumsie comes back, and after I get y'all to sign statements agreeing to keep any negative opinions to yourself :)
  • Sorry, I just spent 3 hours trying to explain to a member why 80% of his posts never make it to the site.
  • Annnnddd...I gotta pop one of the Five things just occurred (laundry buzzer )
  • Ooohh man @Kelani that must have been tough:/ spammer ? Or just a one word wonder? Or a repeater of other people strats? OR the Worst Imo is the ones who post a strat that is Eggsactly like the video lol;)
  • @Kathy More like something to say to everyone. One sentence at a time.
  • Wha ..@Kelani what question you must have me confused with someone else?
  • I never knew the guy existed until a few weeks ago.

edit @Kathy question = music collection going live oops. that was @abcrazy
  • Ohh I see Kel one of those lol
  • What's his name?
  • Ohhh the music collection .. ya that question?
  • @Kathy c'mon, you know I can't say who it is. :)

edit: estar already rapped my knuckles for doing that about people with sketchy scores.
  • Oh sorry @kathy I'm half asleep. I must be sleep talking. 4:30 comes way too early.
  • Oh ya I know @Kelani lol that's why i asked so blatanly lol.. thought I'd catch you off guard hee hee.. good job:)
  • Night night @Abcrazy Sweet Dreams:)
  • @Kathy heh. another hour or two and you would've gotten me. I'z getting tired.
  • @Kelani I was just kidding wasn't trying to get you in trouble:/ I wouldn't have let you tell. .:)
  • Nightly night all! ! Totally forgot itv was Tuesday
    15 minutes left to WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee. ..

Night @Pa
  • quadruple bacon shooters all around! just got my OTM badge thanks to @Kelani and I bumped my score up about 9k for today's challenge, putting me in at #38, which s good enough for me..
  • That reminds me, I'm out of bacon. heh
  • such a tragedy...
  • It is when you've been craving a chicken & bacon sub all day! :)
  • Night Ma
  • OK, sleepy heads! Time to rise and shine! Some of you have missed the whole day!
Post in the New Forum!