Help! Cannot update ABSpace! (Solved)
  • Every time I try downloading the new update for Angry Birds Space on the App Store, it says "Waiting" and stays like that, with a gray background and an empty progress bar. Doing this for an hour now, I don't know how to google the answer either. In fact, I tried updating other apps and had the same result.

My 4th gen iPod Touch is running v4.2.1.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
  • 8 Comments
  • Well, it's it's happening with other apps, it's not Angry Birds then. You might want to try rebooting entirely your iPod Touch by holding down the sleep button for a few seconds and slide the red slider to power it off, then touch a button again to reboot it. If that doesn't work, it's probably either a network related situation (reboot your router for instance) or the servers are just not responding. If after rebooting you still need help, try contacting Apple's support.
  • Thanks for the quick reply heathen! Yes, I already tried rebooting everything. The apps are still as they were. Guess I have to contact Apple... thanks for the help again!
  • Try updating your I pod
  • I think the Internet connection stops when it is loading.
  • Can you update the app on your computer in itunes, then sync it with your device?
  • @harrystar6 Thanks! I will try that :)
    @sahil gagrai Thanks for helping! It doesn't load at all. Says waiting for a few seconds and stops. :)
    @burbman Hmm... never thought about that. Thanks for the suggestion Burbman, I'll try that too! :)

I'll post updates on my success progress as I try figuring out more ways to solve this problem. Again, thank you everyone for helping this Addict! I'm practically dying to get that update :P
  • Hi kartflyer I had this problem about a month ago on my iPod touch 4th gen (I think its a app store bug) there are two solutions:
    1. Like burbman said but this soon got annoying
    2. Go into settings, general, reset, reset all settings
    It erases all settings (background images ect) and keeps all your photos apps and music
    It takes around 5mins then makes you set up iPod
    Then I could download and update apps
    DISCLAIMER back up before doing this and it will make you go through whole "welcome to iPod" thing, as soon as you finish starting iPod up it will have all your data already on it as you left it.
  • Updating my iPod to OS 5.1 worked! :)

Thanks to everyone who helped! I learned a lot of methods through you guys. :)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!