Nokia and Rovio have teamed up to offer exclusive Angry Birds content to some Nokia smartphone owners. With the upcoming launch of Nokia’s two flagship smartphones — the Lumia 920 and 820 — they are offering a new companion app called, “Angry Birds Roost”. Angry Birds Roost will be available exclusively on the 920 and 820 for 3-months. After that, we presume it will become available on other Windows-powered Nokia smartphones. It remains to be seen what happens after that.
Note, if anyone out there has access to one of these devices and can us some detailed video and/or screenshots of Roost we would be much obliged. Contact us via the form here.
Angry Birds Roost is a type of hub, which will include to:
- Ability to purchase and launch individual Angry Birds games: Original, Seasons, and Space (seen at 2:34 in the video above).
- Walkthrough videos (hopefully ours, but I don’t know for sure).
- News. Likely from Rovio’s blog, but hey, if they want to grab our news feed they are more then welcome.
- Downloadable ringtones.
- An “Angry Cam”, which you can see at 2:32 in the video above. Per the text in the video, “Use the Angry Cam to attack your friends in the real world with Angry Birds! Snap a pic, throw in some birds, and share the laughs!”.
- Wallpapers and other free downloads for use on the phone.
Angry Birds Roost will be pre-installed on both the Nokia Lumia 920 and 820. At this point in time pricing and availability has not been announced. If you’re really curious about Roost, there is also some additional footage starting around 59:20 in Nokia’s Webcast.