The number one mobile game of 2012 (according to gaming-mogul IGN) is back with a lot of brand new content! Bad Piggies v1.2.0 is now available for iOS, Mac, PC, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. This is the first update in several months, but Rovio has done a lot more than just add a few levels — which we knew from their tease a couple of weeks ago. Let’s be honest: Rovio has a thing for exceeding expectations.
Note for PC users: Make sure your Internet connection is stable before downloading the update, and make sure you have your activation key handy. We have had a few reports of activation being lost during the update, but re-entering the key should be sufficient. If you are overly concerned, you can also backup your data.
This update includes:
- 30 new levels to finish off Flight in the Night. These are broken up into 24 “normal” levels and 6 “bonus” levels. Recall: You do NOT need to perform all three required objectives in a single run in order to obtain 3-stars on a given level. Our walkthroughs are live, so check out the Flight of the Night walkthrough page.
- More skulls!. There should be seven remaining skulls are scattered across the 30 levels in this update. If you need help finding them, our Complete Hidden Skulls Guide will be updated soon!
- New Sandbox level, unlocked for passing level 3-24. These are very different, requiring you to collect 20 star boxes scattered across the massive level, using as many contraptions and tries as you need. We will be updating our Complete Sandbox Guide soon as well.
- Road Hogs Mode, which we have a bunch more details on below. Walkthroughs can be found here.
- Angry Birds! This is nearly a full-fledged invasion! If you wake the Angry Birds near their slingshot, they will start firing at you, possibly wrecking your vehicle! With your help, maybe the piggies stand a chance… Note: We have not yet confirmed if the Angry Birds’ retaliation is retroactive in older levels, but we will update this whenever we figure it out!
- Six new achievements in GameCenter!
- New bugs? Repaired bugs? We have a forum thread and would love to hear from you.
Road Hogs Mode
The new Road Hogs modes in Bad Piggies appears on the second page of the Episode Selection screen, next to the Sandbox levels. Starting with the best news first, it’s completely free!
According to the description in Rovio’s YouTube video (see yesterday’s post if you missed it), Road Hogs features 6 time trial challenges. Also, there is now GameCenter Leaderboards for these time trials, so iOS players can compete globally!
These levels are incredibly difficult. The tracks are long and hilly, require timely toggling of engines, and will drive the impatient mad. And yes! We have walkthroughs!
- Road Hogs walkthroughs are live! Major props to @BirdLeader for getting these done so quickly!
- Main Bad Piggies walkthrough page updated for Flight in the Night!
- Complete Sandbox Guide shows you how to obtain all those tricky stars.
- Can’t find some of those Hidden Skulls? We’ve got walkthroughs for all of those.
- Backup and/or transfer your Bad Piggies progress by following this guide.