The brand new, featured packed, Bad Piggies “Rise And Swine” update has is now available for iOS, Mac, PC, and Android via Google Play with more platforms coming soon. Version 1.3.0 of Bad Piggies looks to be a fun update that not only contains new levels, but new items and the ability to record in-game videos.
PC users: Please see our separate post for additional details about obtaining this update.
So without further ado, here’s what’s included in this update:
- 15 new levels levels in the Rise and Swine episode, with 30 more “Coming Soon”. It’s interesting that they decided to squeeze Rise and Swine between the previous episodes. The implication here is that all the previous names are now wrong. Not to worry though, we will update everything once we know this wasn’t a mistake (doubtful that it was). As a friendly reminder, don’t forget that you do NOT need to perform all three required objectives in a single run in order to obtain 3-stars on a given level. Our walkthroughs are live if you need help!
- More skulls! There are two new skulls scattered across the 15 levels. If you need help finding them, our Complete Hidden Skulls Guide is there for you! Again, there are only two skulls in this update, despite the on-screen display.
- New Sandbox level. These are very different, requiring you to collect 20 star boxes scattered across the massive level, using as many contraptions and tries as you need. We will be updating our Complete Sandbox Guide soon as well.
- One new Road Hog Level! Walkthroughs can be found here.
- New Items include:
- Suction Cup Tires which allow you to stick to walls and drive upside down!
- Spring-Loaded Boxing Gloves that can propel you forward or be used to launch you up into the air.
- ^^ I’m sure Pigineering will come up with some ingenious ways to incorporate these new items into some amazing vehicles!
- Three new achievements in GameCenter!
- New bugs? Repaired bugs? We have a forum thread and would love to hear from you.
In-Game Video Recording via Everplay
An interesting new feature added to the iOS version of the Rise and Swine update is the ability to record videos in game using Everplay. We will write are more in-depth article about this feature soon, but it currently allows players on iOS devices to record contraptions, strategies, etc. and share them via Everplay. From there you can also share your “Replay” on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, or via email. I haven’t tested these features yet to see exactly how they work, but we will definitely be exploring this more soon.
Word of caution, my iPad has crashed a couple times while navigating Everplay in-game. I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but just something to be aware of. If it is I’m sure it will be addressed shortly.