With all of the hubbub about Angry Birds Star Wars II and the plethora of other updates coming to Angry Birds titles, some people had forgotten about the porky green foes of the franchise. Feeling a bit overshadowed, the pigs wanted to make an announcement. Ahem…
Bad Piggies will be receiving an update on Monday, 22 July, which will bring a lot of new content. (This may not be the exact date for all platforms, but it will be the initial release.)
According to the description on the YouTube video, the update will add the final 30 levels of “Rise and Swine”, at least 1 new Road Hogs and Sandbox level, a grappling hook as a playable item, and Power Ups! (Our friends over at PiGineering.com will make good use of these, I’m sure!)
The YouTube video also offers a hint about Power Ups, saying that you can earn them by feeding King Pig. This suggests that you can earn Power Ups through normal gameplay if you want to avoid In-App Purchases. While we aren’t 100% sure about how the Power Ups will work exactly, our walkthrough videos will avoid using them. Also, we assume that Power Ups will not be available for PC since there is still no IAP system there.
For those keeping count:
- Bad Piggies “Rise and Swine” on 22 July
- Original “Red’s Mighty Feathers – Ch 2″ coming soon
- Rio “Unknown” coming soon
- Space “Episode 7″ coming soon
- Star Wars “Return of the Jedi” coming soon
- Angry Birds Go! release soon
- Angry Birds Star Wars II on 19 Sept.
Finally, Rovio has officially announced that they intend to release the Rovio Accounts Cloud Sync system to all Angry Birds titles and non-AB titles, so perhaps we will see it in Bad Piggies on Monday? Or at least soon. Nothing has been said yet about additional platforms, but those are likely coming as well.
- Have you 3-starred the first 15 levels of Rise and Swine? If not, our walkthroughs can help!
- Our Complete Hidden Skulls Guide is there for you! Note, there are only 32 skulls right now, despite the on-screen display.
- Need help in those massive Sandbox levels? Some of the boxes are tricky, so our Complete Sandbox Guide is a good reference.
- Got a need for speed? OurRoad Hogs walkthroughs can make you go faster!