Less than one month after the initial release of Bad Piggies, Rovio has graced us with the app’s first update. The update, v1.1.0, adds a new episode called Flight in the Night as well as some other twists, which we will detail below. It’s now available for download for iOS, Mac, PC, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, with other platforms coming soon. If you are new to Bad Piggies, be sure to check out our original release post, which includes a lot of information about gameplay and a great tutorial video done by us.
This update includes:
- 15 new levels with 30 more coming soon. Like its predecessors, the first chapter of Flight in the Night includes 12 “normal” levels and 3 “bonus” levels. Remember that you do not need to perform all three required objectives in a single run in order to obtain 3-stars on a given level. Flight in the Night walkthroughs are live if you need help.
- More skulls!. Three new skulls are scattered across the 15 levels in this update. If you need help finding them, our Complete Hidden Skulls Guide has been updated!
- One New Sandbox level with another coming soon. These are very different, requiring you to collect 20 star boxes scattered across the massive level, using as many contraptions and tries as you need. We will be updating our Complete Sandbox Guide soon as well.
- Field of Dreams Sandbox, which we have a bunch more details on below.
- New objective that requires you to get the egg and pig across the finish line.
- Screenshot icon that when tapped takes a screenshot of the level and saves it your camera role.
No word on whether or not this will be available on all platforms.Appears to be iOS only at this point.
- Fun fact! Zoom out on level 3-2 and scroll up and you’ll see a red and blue bird sleeping ever so soundly. The birds are making their way into Bad Piggies! They also appear in a few other levels?
- No New Game Center Achievements! However, if you’re curious about the previous achievements check out our exhaustive list.
- iPhone 5 optimization!
- New bugs? Repaired bugs? We have a forum thread and would love to hear from you.
Fields of Dreams Sandbox
New “Field of Dreams” Sandbox level that is available for $2.99 as an In-App Purchase for iOS and Google Play. It is now available for Mac & PC as well, and at no additional cost! This level is massive and includes 40 stars, not 20. It also includes a bunch of extra parts, including: V8 Engines, new wings, rockets, ropes, and more. Per the app,
“Unlock the largest sandbox ever. Vast selection of bonus gadgets! Challenging new stars to collect! Unleash your creativity!”