We here on ABN spend way too much time thinking about Angry Birds. It’s in our blood. With Halloween quickly approaching, many people — including myself — are wondering how Rovio will chose to update Angry Birds Seasons. Will they add extra chapters to Trick or Treat, Seasons Greedings and so on? Will they just stop updating it (I find this highly doubtful)? Or maybe they’ll blow us away with something totally different? Who knows.
What’s the point you say? Well, while pondering this last night I had an idea I wanted to share. In essence it’s an idea for a NEW Angry Birds game, which is similar yet different from Angry Birds Seasons. I’ve code named it, “Angry Birds 365″. Now, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where I’m going with this. Basically, it would entail a new level of Angry Birds every day for an entire year, with one level being unlocked each day (sorry, you’ll need wi-fi or a data connection). Think about it for a minute. This would allow Rovio to do some amazingly cool and creative things like:
- Theme individual levels around specific holidays, movie premiers, world events, or tradeshows (CominCon level anyone?).
- Drop hints to tease us about the future of Angry Birds (i.e. similar to how the Golden Egg #22 in Seasons got our hopes up about a future space chapter).
- Tame the masses. AB 365 would have the added benefit of tiding us angry fans over between releases.
- Build the suspense via random surprises throughout the year. You just never know when a level might contain a Golden Egg — or something more!
- Foster competition and community. Summer Pignic was an eye opener here on ABN. It was truly amazing to see so much community participation on a daily basis. In addition to helping each other out we all were competing against each other, which was a blast!
As I said, this would be a new game, so yeah, you would have fork out another hard earned dollar, or maybe even five for the HD version. That said, you likely spent more than that on lunch or coffee today.