Si, si! The Angry Birds have dug out their old sombreros and are returning for another round of Spanish gaming! Perhaps you remember the first Vuela Tazos game that debuted about a year ago, but now things have gotten even more exciting. This game features gameplay from Angry Birds Space! I’m sure the Mexican Space Agency is quite proud of the fact that in only two and a half years they’ve managed to go from simply being founded to putting feathers into orbit.
To play the game, head over to tazos.angrybirds.com. You will need to register to play. If you aren’t comfortable translating Spanish, click on the American flag in the sidebar to see English.
The game is another weekly competition, in case you managed to have some free time outside of Angry Birds Friends and Star Wars on Facebook. The kicker here is that this is a worldwide competition!
- There are three suns with three levels each week. You start in the red planet. You must obtain at least 4 stars in the Red Sun levels to unlock the Yellow Sun. Snag a total of 15 stars between Red and Yellow to unlock the Blue Sun.
- Tazos Power! A unique Power Up exclusive to this game, you are given 3 by registering. To obtain more, you’ll need to find codes on select products in Mexico. If you aren’t planning on visiting Mexico, I’m afraid you may be out of luck. Tazos Power adds another Red bird to your arsenal, only he is surrounded by a sort of force field, which, upon click, explodes!
- According to the FAQ, the promotion is valid throughout Mexico and you must be at least 13 years of age to participate. That said, there will be 150 winners each week: The top 50 in each planet!
- New levels will be available each Monday through February 17th. After then, the app will probably mothball and may become unavailable entirely.
- Pro Tip! Junk food appears to be worth 3,000 points, and giant turnips are another 1,000 — just like in the full Angry Birds Space app.
- Walkthroughs? Yes! All of our walkthroughs are live, though we warn that some levels are extremely difficult. See them here.
If we happened to miss any crucial details, please feel free to leave us a comment.