Rovio has been revealing Angry Birds Star Wars gameplay through a series of short videos that start out with a fun animation that gives you an up close look at the new characters. They’re careful not to reveal too much too soon, but we can definitely extract a few interesting nuggets:
- As expected, the Red bird (aka, Angry Luke) carries a light saber and can use it to cut through blocks.
- Leia is the Pink bird and her power is a tractor beam. As shown in the video she uses it to pull down an AT-AT Walker. That is one strong tractor beam!
- The pigs on Tatooine will be dressed like the wretched Tusken Raiders (aka, “Sand People”).
- Some of levels will fight back! Notice how the AT-AT Walker shoots laser beams. These are sure to get in the way!
- As we posted about last week, the button that usually spawns the Mighty Eagle has been replaced by what looks to be a Millennium Falcon icon. Will we be able to summon a Mighty Millennium Falcon?
- Per the animation, Angry Luke is trying to impress Leia with his light saber skillz. Obviously, the poor bird doesn’t yet know Leia is his sister.
Since we like to toot our own horns, we were the first site to uncover a glimpse of the gameplay, which we posted about here. Again, amazing super sleuthing by the ABN community!
R2-D2 and C-3PO Gameplay
Rovio’s second gameplay teaser features the beloved robotic duo of R2-D2 and C-3PO. Again, Rovio is releasing as little information as possible, but enough for us to wet our whistles.
- R2-D2 is being played by the infamous Egg. His (its?) ability seems to be an electric zapping that targets nearby pigs and dislodges structures in its proximity.
- C-3PO is a golden version of the White bird. The ability here is an explosion that sends metallic debris around the entire level. This will be exceptionally useful in levels with scattered TNT blocks, like the one shown in the video.
- There will be physics just like in Angry Birds Space, featuring zero-gravity and circular gravitational fields.
- Tie Fighters don’t just have pig-like bodies because it’s clever. They are worth 5,000 points! We are guessing that you will be required to break them in order to pass the level.
Han Solo and Chewie Gameplay
In this third Angry Birds Star Wars trailer we’re introduced to best friends Han Solo and his hairy sidekick, Chewbacca (who looks absolutely awesome!). A few more nuggets have been revealed:
- The Yellow Bird takes on the roll of the dashing Han Solo. However, instead of a speed burst, Han’s power-up is his trusty blaster, which fires laser beams.
- Terence (aka, Big Brother) makes for an awesomely awesome Chewbacca. He’s big, hairy and won’t put up with any mischief. His power-up is the same = pure brute force!
- This video gives us the first glimpse of the bomb bird, but we don’t see exactly what he does.
Obi Wan & Darth Vader Gameplay
The fourth Angry Birds Star Wars trailer features the Jedi Master: Obi Wan and his old apprentice Darth Vader. Rovio is very careful not to reveal too much too soon, but we can definitely extract a few interesting nuggets:
- The force is with Obi Wan Kenobi, the Bomb Bird. Instead of the usual bomb explosion, he uses the Force to push objects away.
- Darth Vader, the master “King Pig”, won’t sit around doing nothing. He uses the Dark Side of the Force to place blocks and objects on the birds path. Notice the red glow.
- This video also gives us a glimpse of the Blue Birds, but we don’t see exactly what they do.
More Angry Birds Star Wars Coverage
- All the Angry Birds Star Wars teaser videos released to date
- Check out the Angry Birds Star Wars comic (all parts)
- Angry Birds Star Wars officially announced.
- The first teaser image where we all pondered what the heck this was. I was finally right!
- For some of our older posts regarding Angry Birds Star Wars click here.