A new Angry Birds update has finally arrived! The delectably sweet Angry Birds Space Utopia (v1.2.0) update has landed on iOS, PC, Mac, Playbook, and Android via the Android Market and Amazon Appstore (as v1.2.1), with other platforms coming soon. As Dr. Venkman said best, “Look at all the junk food”. Utopia is a “food” (okay, junk food) planet and is chock full of donuts, candies, popcorn, lollipops and more. Snozberry anyone?
Note for Android Market: Danger Zone and the Mighty Space Eagle have landed on Android Market (Google Play)! We have a separate post since this is such big news! Read more here.
Note for iOS: A bug fix has been released in v1.2.1 which adds support for new GameCenter leaderboards.
If you didn’t know, an Angry Birds fan named Hayyie actually came up with the name Utopia. Per Rovio’s blog post, “Our fan Hayyie came up with the name ‘Utopia’, securing an exclusive piece of Angry Birds Space art as a prize for winning our competition a couple of months ago. Having the privilege of naming the next episode was never meant to be part of the prize, but after seeing the name, concept art and Hayyie’s sheer enthusiasm: We decided to run with it!”
This update includes:
- Utopia includes 10 new cavity-inducing levels!
- Doesn’t look like there are any new Eggsteroids this time around.
No new achievements in Game Center, but the “Menu Popper” achievement bug has been fixed.
Update: On 11 June, a new achievement appeared called Popcorn Popper. It has been added to the achievements page.
- Pro tip! Sparkling lollipops are worth 3,000 points.
- Pro tip! Look for exploding popcorn kernels.
Some Helpful Links and Goodies
- The Utopia 3-star walkthroughs and leaderboard are live!
- Like competition? Enter your scores on our Angry Birds Space leaderboard.
- A list of all the achievements found in Game Center.
- Guide to Understanding & Using the Space Eagle in Angry Birds Space
- Complete Angry Birds Space Golden Eggsteroids Guide
- Massive Angry Birds Space Background Set
- Meet the Birds in Angry Birds Space