Now that the Curiosity Rover has landed on Mars, we can get a firsthand look at what truly is happening on the Red Planet. Angry Birds Space v1.3.0 has landed for iOS, PC, Mac, and Android via Google Play and Amazon Appstore. Don’t let the descriptions in the video confuse you: Even though Rovio reported (and continues to report) that the planet is “Coming this Fall“, apparently the seasons in Finland are a bit different than elsewhere in the world.
Attention Amazon Users: We have reports that the faultiness of Amazon versions of Angry Birds has continued. Most of our reports are from Kindle users, who are being promoted that installing the new update will remove all previous data. Proceed with caution, or hang tight, or back up your data using our complete guide.
Nonetheless, this is a very welcome surprise! This update includes:
- 20 “Red Planet” levels, featuring loads of fire, steam geysers, and more! Be careful of the geysers, as they sort of alter the gravity in those areas. Note there is another page, so 10 more levels coming soon!
- 2 “Space Egg” levels, for 3-starring each of the first two pages of “Red Planet”. There will be 1 more Space Egg level when all is said and done with the Red Planet.
- 3 “Golden Eggsteroids”, though they are actually “Golden Rovers” based on real-life Mars Rovers. If you want to be educated further on these, check out these links to the Viking, the Sojourner, and the Opportunity rovers.
- A new Astronaut Pig, who is very difficult to pop.
- One new achievement for iOS: Great Balls of Fire! Goodness Gracious! (Thanks to @PlayDBird and @Dr-Omega for this.)
Below are some helpful links:
- Red Planet 3-star walkthrough posts are live!
- Check out our Complete Golden Eggsteroids Guide is updated with the Golden Rovers!
- Check out our brand new Space Eggs Guide for those super challenging levels!
- Enter your scores on the Space leaderboards!