While many Angry Birds enthusiasts await the forthcoming “Fry Me to the Moon” update for Angry Birds Space, Rovio has surprised the community by releasing Angry Birds Space on the BlackBerry Playbook. That’s right, BlackBerry users can now enjoy Angry Birds Space in full HD on their Playbook tablets for $2.99 USD! BlackBerry users, to purchase, head on over to Rovio’s developer page in the BlackBerry App World store.
The Playbook version features Pig Bang and Cold Cuts, along with the five sequential Eggsteroids. Here are the details straight from the BlackBerry App World store:
- 60 interstellar levels!
- Regular free updates!
- Brand new birds!
- Brand new superpowers!
- Zero-gravity space adventures!
- Trick shots using planets’ gravity!
- Hidden bonus levels!
- Beautifully detailed backgrounds!
As you can see, Danger Zone and the Space Eagle are not yet available, but that’s okay, there is still plenty of HD fun to be had.
This release is definitely a surprise, since originally Rovio announced that it had no immediate plans to bring Space to platforms beyond iOS, Android, PC and Mac. As for other platforms, only time will tell.
Some Helpful Links
- If your stuck on a level check out the video walkthroughs.
- Like competition? Enter your scores on our Angry Birds Space leaderboard.
- A list of all the achievements found in Game Center.
- For the first time we’ve actually created some video walkthroughs that can help with some of the hard achievements.
- We have found a few bugs, so be sure to check out our bugs list to see if they affect you.
More Angry Birds Space Articles
We can’t blame you. If you’re like us and just can’t get enough of Angry Birds Space? Check out these other fine articles, each containing some awesome tidbits about what is to come