No complaints on our end, as Angry Birds Seasons Year of the Dragon v2.2.0 has been released on iOS, PC, Mac, Symbian^3, and Android via the Android Market and Amazon Appstore! The update should land on other platforms soon and we will update this post as they come online. We say “no complaints” because in the teaser video (click to see that post), Rovio announced that the update would land on the 20th. Apparently, they meant around midnight in Shanghai, since it is only the 19th in most of the world.
In any event, this update features some amazing new content, which we’ve broken down below:
- 15 new levels complete with animated fireworks, awesome new music, and the Mighty Dragon! The leaderboard is up and so are the 3 star and Mighty Dragon walkthroughs!
Introducing the Mighty Dragon! That’s right. The Mighty Eagle has been replaced by the ferocious — yet, not too powerful — Mighty Dragon! You summon him the same way you would the Mighty Eagle. Just tap the icon and your slingshot is loaded with a red fish. Fling the fish and watch as the Mighty Dragon flies in and loops around causing massive destruction (RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!).
In addition, the Mighty Dragon will be available for free for iOS, Android, and Symbian users (read: you don’t have to purchase it and you don’t need to have the Mighty Eagle). Unfortunately, it looks Mac and PC won’t be able to harness the Mighty Dragon, which is likely due to implementation hurdles.
- There is one hidden Golden Egg, and the 3-star item appears to be a “Big Banner”. If you need help finding it, check out the Year of the Dragon Golden Egg page.
- Fireworks that, when hit, fly around the screen and trigger a small explosion.
- No new achievements! This is not too surprising since Seasons is nearly out of space on GameCenter achievements.
- Pro Tip: Both golden fish (seems to be a koi) and red lanterns are worth 3,000 points!
We will continue to update this post as the update arrives on more platforms. For now, we want to know your thoughts.