That’s right, the Winter Wonderham update to Angry Birds Seasons (v3.1.0) is now available for iOS, PC, Mac, NOOK Color, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. More platforms will be getting the update very soon. We were the first to confirm this update, posting some GameCenter imagery about two weeks ago and exclusive Rovio-official details yesterday. This is Rovio’s third episode to celebrate the Christmas and holiday season, and as is Rovio’s tradition, this episode is rolled out like an Advent Calendar!
Participate in the ABN Winter Wonderham Challenge starting each night at 7 pm PST!
This update includes:
- 25 new levels with one new level unlocked every day just like Seasons Greedings, Summer Pignic, and Wreck the Halls. See below for more details about this. Our walkthrough videos will come online shortly after the levels are released.
- Snowy winter landscape under the aurora borealis. More info about the amazing aurora borealis can be found on Wikipedia.
- New ice element! Have you played the Hoth update for Angry Birds Star Wars yet? This is very similar, allowing blocks to slide in a near-frictionless environment.
- Golden Eggs include a “Big Ornament” bonus Golden Egg level that is unlocked after 3-starring all levels. Rovio stated there are “3 secret levels to find”, so we are guessing that there may be two Golden Eggs hidden in-game. Once we find some Eggs, we will update our Complete Angry Birds Seasons Golden Eggs guide.
Update: Thanks to some clever sleuthing from @josm, it appears that there will be the Big Ornament, an in-game hidden Golden Egg, and another New Year’s Golden Egg. We don’t know precisely when this Egg will show, but last year’s was 8AM UTC on 31 December.
- No power-ups! Which is a darn good thing if you ask me.
- No new achievements for iOS. This is expected, since Seasons reached the GameCenter limit quite some time ago.
- Spiffy new app icon! While the app icon for Seasons always changes to match the latest update, this change is far more extreme — and looks awesome!
- Pro Tip! Flashback to Seasons Greedings! Presents are worth 3,000 points!
- “Harbin” level, in honor of the Angry Birds Seasons theme park in the Ice and Snow World in Harbin, China. Keep an eye out for this level, which will land on December 4th and should be amazing. Read more in our post from yesterday, or in the full article with details about Rovio’s participation at ScandAsia.com.
- Update! On 5 December, Android users were given a special treat: Four brand new levels! These are accessible by clicking on the blue “Intel” egg on the Golden Egg screen of Winter Wonderham. If you need help 3-starring these levels, our walkthroughs are live!
- Each level of Winter Wonderham unlocks at 12 AM PST (8 AM UTC, 3 AM EST, 10 PM Hawaiian; go here if you need more times).
- Winter Wonderham 3-star walkthroughs are live. Daily walkthrough pages will go live at 12 AM PST, so be sure to check back every day. The actual video will be added to the page as soon as it’s ready, but the page is there for your comments and strategies.
- Winter Wonderham Total Destruction walkthroughs are also live. These will also go live at 12 AM PST, with the actual video being added later in the day.
- You must be connected to the internet the first time you play a level (only the first time for each level) so that it can download the level file and check the date (this prevents early access).
- The leaderboards are also live. Again, please be patient with brand new levels; we will update the leaderboards during the day.
- Bug Fix (Bug 47 iOS/Android/PC/Mac): All issues with the Mooncake Festival Golden Eggs have been resolved (beyond the on-going bug that appears below). We will be re-opening the relevant levels on the leaderboard. Note that we have placed strong restrictions on permissible scores on these levels, to prevent entry by those who exploited the bug.
- Bug Fix (Bug 48 iOS/Android/PC/Mac): The “New Year Egg” from Wreck the Halls seems to be universally unlocked now. (Original bug said it could not be initially unlocked in v2.5.0 or higher.)
- Bug Fix (PC only): The ropes have returned to the slingshot on PC. (Original bug said the ropes were sometimes not visible on PC, called the “ghost slingshot”.)
- Ongoing Bug: Some users are still having issues with 3-star “Big Items” remaining locked, despite obtaining 3-stars on all levels. Any user experiencing these issues is encouraged to contact AMslimfordy by Private Message. Rovio is aware of the bug, but thusfar there seems to be barriers preventing a fix.