The wait is over for PC users! Angry Birds Seasons (v2.0.0) — complete with Ham’o’ween — has launched for PC and is available for download at download.angrybirds.com! Special thanks to DStone for being the first to see it.
We expect an update for Mac soon. Remember, PC has the distinct advantage that Rovio can push the update to live without approval from Apple.
Update: Seasons has landed in the Mac App Store as well.
Below is some Q&A, which is basically the same as for the other versions of the app from the standalone site.
- Where do I download it and how much does it cost?
- To download Angry Birds, Rio, or Seasons on your PC head over to download.angrybirds.com. Each version is $4.95 to purchase, but there are free demos available that you can upgrade from without losing your progress.
- How to I download and install Angry Birds, Rio, or Seasons on my PC?
- To download the demo or to purchase the full game head over to, download.angrybirds.com. Once downloaded you can install Angry Birds or Angry Birds Rio just like any other application. If you have trouble follow the simple setup guide that Rovio created.
- I bought an activation key, now how do I activate it?
- To activate the game, you must enter a serial number that can be purchased online. Once you receive the activation key via email launch the game and click the “Activate Full Version” button. Now, copy and paste the key into the “Enter the key” field and click “Register the key”. This will unlock all of the levels, Golden Eggs and give you access to future updates. An internet connection is required to activate the game.
- Are the free demos unlimited?
- No. It seems you can usually play the first page in the demo. (Poached Eggs Chapter 1 and Smugglers Den Chapter 1.) In Seasons, it seems you can play 3 levels from each episode.
- Does the activated version have every level?
- Just about. The Mac/PC versions of apps have all levels except for the 3 Facebook/Twitter levels that some episodes have.
Update: It is possible that the Facebook/Twitter levels may be added in the future. See the correspondence in the forum.
- How do the controls work?
- Check out our Angry Birds control guide for the complete control schema.
- How are future updates delivered?
- The update checker in-game runs once per day. If an update is available, it will prompt you when you launch the app. Some users have had issues with this, so you can manually download new updates by grabbing new .exe files from the Angry Birds Shop.
- Are they available for purchase outside the USA?
- Yes, you can purchase and activate the games from anywhere in the world!
- If I download and play the demo version will I lose my progress if I decide to upgrade to the full version?
- From what we can tell you will NOT lose your progress when you upgrade.
- Does it work on Windows Vista?
- Yes. The system requirements are: OS Windows XP SP2, RAM 512MB, CPU 1 GHz, Graphic OpenGL 1.3 compatible, Internet Connection required for activation
- Does it work on 64-bit version of Windows 7?
- Yes, though it installs as a 32-bit application.
- When will it be available through Intel AppUp
- This we don’t know. Maybe never, maybe tomorrow.
- Can I share my activation key with my friends?
- No. Per the Rovio FAQ, “A single purchase only allows for single-user use. The activation key is valid for three installs so you can install the game on your desktop or laptop with a single key”. Note, this makes it sound like you can up install it on your laptop AND PC with a single key, but from what I’ve heard this is not the case. It’s 3 installs on a single device (i.e. You can install and uninstall 3 times with the same key).