“Hoccus Porkus” and “Open Swine-same” only begin to describe this morning’s release, as Abra-Ca-Bacon has been released as v3.3.0 of Angry Birds Seasons! The update has landed for iOS, Mac, PC, Kindle, Nook, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, with more platforms coming very soon. This marks the first release by Rovio’s Stockholm studio, which you can read more about in Rovio’s press release.
PC users: Please see our separate post for additional details about obtaining this update.
This is a pretty exciting update, so let’s get right into it. This update includes:
- 30 new levels centered around the magical, summertime experience of the circus. Walkthroughs are already being recorded and should be live soon. If you need help, our walkthrouhgs are live
- 6 bonus levels! Star-based bonus levels are unlocked at 30, 50, and 70 stars accrued in the episode; Feather-based bonus level is unlocked at 10. There’s one Golden Egg hidden in-game (we aren’t going to say where quite yet, but keep an eye out!), and the Big Juggling Pins level will unlock by 3-starring all 30 levels. Walkthroughs available here.
- New portal element! If you have played Cut the Rope or PORTALS, you have an idea of how this works. If anything passes into one portal, it comes out of the matching-colored portal somewhere else in the level. The first few levels of Abra-Ca-Bacon will get you used to the concept.
- New power-up! Called “Allaka-BAM”, the Power Up places three TNT crates around the level to help your birdies blast the piggies!
- Two new achievements for iOS! This is very unexpected. We’ve been saying that GameCenter reached it’s limit, which wasn’t quite true. Before today, Seasons had used 980 out of 1000 points; this update adds 16 more points, which means there’s still a tiny bit of room left.
- Pro Tips! Juggling pins are worth 3000 points, and gold tokens are worth 1000 points!
- In-game Power Up distinction! Yes, now your in-game “High Score” will differentiate your best score with and best score without use of Power Ups, similar to Angry Birds Space. It’s what we have really wanted since the inception of Power Ups into the apps, and we are grateful to Rovio for heeding our request. Thanks guys!
Helpful links and notes:
- Abra-Ca-Bacon 3-star walkthroughs are live soon.
- Abra-Ca-Bacon Total Destruction walkthroughs will take more time. Check out our other videos in case you get stuck; we have most levels of Seasons, and all levels released over the past year or so.
- The leaderboards are also live. Remember that scores obtained with Power Ups are not permitted on our leaderboards.
- Bug Fix: Some users were having issues with 3-star “Big Items” remaining locked, despite obtaining 3-stars on all levels. According to Rovio, this should be fixed in this update (v3.3.0). We are looking to confirm.