We announced a few weeks ago that Rovio was working on both Space and Rio updates. The update for Space was more obvious what would be included, but the Rio update was a bit more vague since only one achievement was leaked. This morning, we need to wonder no more, as Angry Birds Rio v1.7.0 is now available for iOS, PC, Mac, and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore!
PC and Mac users: We have a separate post for this release, since so much was added in the PC update!
This update features a major overhaul of the graphical user interface, so let’s not waste any more time. This update includes:
- 15 new levels in the Golden Beachball episode! We have had reports that this episode is now automatically unlocked on all platforms. (Previously, you had to manually unlock these levels, and the method varied by device.)
- 15 golden cherries to be found! Note that the cherries are scattered across all 30 levels of the episode, so be sure to back-track looking for them. Our golden fruit walkthroughs will help you find them.
- Six bonus levels!
- One level each for earning 30, 50, and 70 stars in the episode.
- One level for earning 10 feathers in the episode.
- A fish trophy for
3-starringpassing all 30 levels of the episode. (Thanks @josm for the correction.)
- A cherry trophy for obtaining all 15 fruit in the episode.
- One new achievement for iOS.
- As we said, there’s been a major graphical overhaul. The first changes you see are to the app icon, loading splash screen, and episode selection screens. They look a bit more slick and sleek now.
- The Trophy Room (or Awards Room) has been removed. All bonus levels now appear within the episode they pertain to, at the top of the screen. Note that the total score that appears on the episode selection screen only counts the basic 30 levels. It does not include any bonus or trophy levels, meaning they match ABN’s leaderboards.
- Also, the background for all Golden Beachball levels are now unique, instead of derived from the Beach Volley episode.
- Pro Tip! The blue fish trophies scattered through the 15 levels are worth 3,000 points!
As always, please do NOT enter Power Up scores on our Leaderboards. Please note also that Angry Birds Rio includes no score distinction between Power Up and “pure” scores whatsoever, so for the recreational PU user, be mindful of your usage and score entry here. Suspicious scores will have to be removed, unfortunately.
As this update lands for other platforms, we’ll be interested to hear how episode availability is affected. And we’d love to hear from the community as well!
- Walkthroughs for all Golden Beachball levels, including the Bonus and Trophy levels, are now live!
- Hungry for fruit? Our Golden Cherry walkthroughs are live if you need help unlocking those!
- Total Destruction video walkthroughs using the Mighty Eagle can help you earn your feathers. Our walkthroughs for this update will be coming soon.
- For a complete list of all achievements available in Angry Birds Rio, see our page.
- Think you can take on the best? Compete on our Rio leaderboards. But please, do NOT enter scores using Power Ups on our ABR leaderboard.