With all this talk about Angry Birds Space, no one was expecting this…
Rovio specifically said that Angry Birds Rio was not finished, and we now have proof. A bonus update (v1.4.3 / v1.4.4) is now available for iOS and Android via the Amazon Appstore and Android Market, with other platforms coming soon. From the original release of Rio, we all hoped and prayed that hunting down 90 fruit would yield some sort of reward, and Rovio has responded!
PC Update: v1.4.4 has landed on PC!
Mac Update: v1.4.4 has landed on Mac!
Playbook Update: v1.4.4 has landed for Playbook, a major update which also includes the 30 levels of Smuggler’s Plane.
This update includes:
- 6 new challenging levels, one for each episode that
has 90/90 stars!Correction: It seems that you simply need to pass all 30 levels of the episode, not necessarily earn all 90 stars.
- Another 6 new levels, one for each episode that has 15/15 fruit!
- The walkthrough page are online and we’re starting on the video walkthroughs.
- The Trophy Room leaderboard is live and ready for your scores.
- This is still not the end of Rio!. That’s right. According to the iOS release, there will still be more updates in the future.
We will continue to update this post as our pages come online and as the update lands on other platforms. A special thanks to @rasmith8357 for being the first to tip us off about this, and for helping us out immensely with imagery.