It appears that Rovio is focusing on bringing the desktop platforms up-to-date on Angry Birds apps, as PC has received its second update in as many days. Yesterday, we announced that the Cloud City finale was released for PC. Today, we are proud to announce that Angry Birds Rio v1.7.0 is now available for both PC and Mac!
This update features a major overhaul of the graphical user interface, so let’s not waste any more time. For more detailed information about this version, see the original release post.
This update includes:
- 73 new levels for PC! These levels come via:
- 32 levels in Market Mayhem (v1.6.0), including a Strawberry Trophy Level for finding all 15 strawberries and a Market Stand Trophy for passing all 30 levels of Market Mayhem;
- 17 levels in Golden Beachball (v1.7.0), including a Cherry Trophy for finding all 15 cherries and a Fish Trophy for passing all 30 levels of Golden Beachball; and
- 24 Bonus Levels (v1.5.0)! There are 3 Bonus Levels within each of the 8 episodes, and are unlocked for earning 30, 50, and 70 stars in each episode.
- 20 new levels for Mac! Specifically, the 15 normal levels in Golden Beachball, plus its two Trophy and three Bonus Levels!
- Important Note: The Golden Beachball episode is now automatically unlocked on all platforms. (Previously, you had to manually unlock these levels, and the method varied by device.)
- As we said, there’s been a major graphical overhaul. The first changes you see are to the app icon, loading splash screen, and episode selection screens. They look a bit more slick and sleek now.
- The Trophy Room (or Awards Room) has been removed. All bonus levels now appear within the episode they pertain to, at the top of the screen. Note that the total score that appears on the episode selection screen only counts the basic 30 levels. It does not include any bonus or trophy levels, meaning they match ABN’s leaderboards.
- Pro Tip! The blue fish trophies scattered through the 15 levels are worth 3,000 points!
As always, please do NOT enter Power Up scores on our Leaderboards. Please note also that Angry Birds Rio includes no score distinction between Power Up and “pure” scores whatsoever, so for the recreational PU user, be mindful of your usage and score entry here. Suspicious scores will have to be removed, unfortunately.
- Walkthroughs for all Golden Beachball levels, including the Bonus and Trophy levels, are now live!
- Walkthroughs for Market Mayhem will be useful to PC flingers as well!
- Hungry for fruit? Our Golden Strawbery and Cherry walkthroughs are live if you need help unlocking those!
- Think you can take on the best? Compete on our Rio leaderboards. But please, do NOT enter scores using Power Ups on our ABR leaderboard.