The wait is finally over for PC users! The latest Angry Birds update (v1.6.2) is out now and includes the rest of Ham ‘Em High as well as chapter 15 and 16 of Mine and Dine. This should also mean you now have access to all 24 Golden Eggs! This update comes about two weeks after the latest iOS and Android update, so there is no hence rehashing everything that’s included here, so please check out this post if you want to know more about v1.6.2.
Note, this update is available for those who purchased the standalone version via download.angrybirds.com. Unfortunately, we have no word on when the update might come to Intel AppUp.
A few tips regarding upgrading the standalone version:
- The in-game updated only checks for updates periodacally, so if you’re not getting prompted for an update and are in a hurry you can download a new installer from download.angrybirds.com. Updating this way should maintain your progress just fine, but if you want to be safe backup you LUA files first. Those files are typically found in your /user/AppData/Rovio/ folder, but that path can vary slightly depending on your version of Windows.
- If you update in-game it will download a new installer and overwrite the old one, so if your keen on keeping the older version (just in case you want to revert) backup the installer. This is probably something most people don’t care too much about.
I’m really hoping that this release resolves some of the registration issues some users have been reporting. Those issues include not being able to activate the game even though they are using a valid. This usually happens when they tried to activate on more than one PC, which is not allowed. The other issue is sometimes it activates fine, but for some reason a couple days or weeks later it will prompt you to activate again every time you launch the game. If you experience these issues you can send an email to email@example.com or leave a comment here. Be nice though, PC’s are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot. If you experienced this bug and it is now gone that would be great to know as well!
A few helpful links:
- The Angry Birds and Golden Eggs leaderboards.
- Mine and Dine 3 star walkthrough are there if you need them
- If you can’t find all the Golden Eggs check out our Complete Golden Eggs Guide.