Angry Birds on a touch screen is extremely intuitive. You can pick it up and learn how to play in a matter of seconds. The Windows, Mac, and PSP versions are not hard to learn either, but some of the controls are not as obvious. Hopefully this simple write-up can help alleviate some of this confusion:
First off, remember, you’re using a keyboard and mouse / trackpad, so don’t poke a whole in your monitor.
PC & Mac Controls
- Left-click to select (aka, tap)
- Left-click & Hold to drag
- Click the screen to trigger special abilities (blue bird split, yellow bird speed blast, etc.)
- Move the cursor to the left and right of the screen to scroll the level from side to side.
- Scroll wheel or, if you’re using a trackpad, pinch gesture Zooms In & Out
- Alt + Enter (Windows) or ⌘ – F (Command + F) on your keyboard enters windowed mode (i.e. exits fullscreen) — do it again to go back to fullscreen.
- If using a trackpad a three finger swipe brings up the pause / restart menu (thanks, Richard)
- F5 to restart a level (thanks, Alvin)
- ESC while in a level brings up the menu, but while on the home screen it’ll prompt you exit the game.
- ‘P’ pauses the level
- ‘R’ restarts the level
- For Golden Eggs that require a tap, just substitute a click instead.
- Spoiler! to open the treasure chest and get the Golden Egg on level 1-8 type “Open” after clicking on the chest (some say you have to keep your mouse over the chest while typing)
PSP Controls (thanks, Pat!)
- START -> Start game (at the opening screen) show level select/reset menu (in a level)
- L1 -> Scroll to the left side of the playing field (in a level)
- R1 -> Scroll to the right side of the playing field (in a level)
- L1+R1 -> Zoom out to see entire level (in a level)
- CIRCLE -> Cancel
- X -> Choose highlighted menu/level-select/etc
- Other buttons may be necessary, but are rarely used (One of the Golden Egg stars requires TRIANGLE and DOWN on the keypad, for instance.)
If you have any other tips leave a comment and I’ll try to add them to this guide. Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far!