Good morning, Angry Birds enthusiasts! A very rare Wednesday update has landed, as Angry Birds Friends v1.11 is now available on Facebook! This update was teased by Rovio a few days ago, and we guessed it would be something Easter related. However, we will get to that lower down.
This update includes:
- Pig Tales, a brand new, never before seen, Facebook-exclusive episode with 15 levels. It looks like more levels will come in future updates, but the if and when is still not known. Walkthroughs are being produced as we speak, and will appear in our Facebook category when completed.
- 1 new Power Up, called “Mushbloom”. This seems to be an episode-exclusive Power Up, only useable within Pig Tales (similar to the Wingman, who can only be used in Tournaments). You are given a few Mushblooms to try it out (I received 1 :( Others have received upwards of 6), and can purchase more with in-game coins. The in-game description reads: “Create a mighty bloom of mushrooms beneath the pigs and topple their towers!”
- New block type: Orbs! These are first seen in Level 1 of Pig Tales. Actually, they are seen in the cutscene before Level 1, if you want to be picky. When broken, the magical orb will cause nearby blocks to levitate for a few seconds, then fall back toward the ground. Sort of like the Pink bird in some respects.
Easter Egg Hunt and Raffle
Easter Eggs are scattered all around the Pig Tales episode. Hundreds of Eggs! The Angry Birds are going crazy with overwhelming excitement, and it’s your job to catch…. well, a lot of them.
First, the details.
- Open any level of Pig Tales and you will see a few Easter Eggs scattered around the level. To get credit for an Egg, you must break it and pass the level.
- The Eggs will then be added to your “Today basket” in the bottom-right corner. You can collect up to 20 Eggs per day. (The “day” seems to start around… 8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific? We will try to firm up those details.)
- 20 Eggs per day from 27 March through 10 April = 280 Eggs max!
- Each Egg collected is 1 entry into Rovio’s raffle. There will be over 100 prizes available, including a grand prize: The 20-inch Mighty Eagle plush!
Now, we would love, love, love to provide a guide for these Eggs. But we can’t. The spawn-point of the Eggs is random. The Eggs are easy to obtain. And simply restarting any level, even if you already defeated it, will spawn new Eggs. So, we’ll just say this for our official guide:
To obtain Easter Eggs, play Pig Tales!
It’s as easy as that.