We just posted a teaser about Angry Birds Friends yesterday and today it has officially launched (teaser video). Angry Birds Friends is an updated and re-branded version of the original Angry Birds Facebook game. It’s more than just a face-lift though, as Angry Birds Friends includes some awesome new features, including:
- Weekly tournaments where you can compete with your friends. Per Rovio, “Every week, you have from Monday to Sunday to compete with your friends on four different levels. The pig-popper with the best overall score will earn a gold trophy, with silver and bronze for second and third place. Unlike crowns, trophies are yours forever!“
- Each week there will be four levels exclusively available in tournament mode
- You can earn power-ups — in addition to the daily rewards — by playing against your friends in tournament mode. Per Rovio, “Earn three power-ups bundles for a gold trophy, two for silver, and one for bronze. You also get a power-up for each tournament level you play, and one for participating in the tournament!”
- Week 3 walkthrouhgs are live
- Week 2 walkthrouhgs are live
- Week 1 walkthrouhgs are live
- As it stands right now past scores will not be available once the tournament completes, so be sure to enter your weekly tournament scores into our Facebook leaderboard while it’s still open. Trophies you earn will stay.
- Our Angry Birds Friends Tournament walkthroughs are live!
- Enter your tournament scores on our Facebook leaderboard.
If any more news is released or we stumble across new features we will update this page. Thanks for reading and enjoy the new features!