Angry Birds Friends is coming to Android and iOS on May 2nd, 2013 (that’s this Thursday). You heard right! Angry Birds Friends is becoming a native mobile app! Ironically, this very idea was discussed in our forums when Angry Birds Friends first launched. It’s great to see them bringing the fun of weekly tournaments to additional platforms.
As with the web based version you will be able to:
- Compete in weekly tournaments against your Facebook friends across platforms. You’ll be competing for the coveted trophies (bronze, silver and gold)
- Brag to your friends about your amazing score!
- Purchase and send Power-ups to friends.
- There will likely be daily rewards, which could include free Power-Ups
No word on exactly when we can expect Angry Birds Friends to land on mobile, but if you’re curious and haven’t played it previously you can check it out Angry Birds Friends on Facebook to get an idea of what it’s like.
The questions that remain:
- Will the web based and mobile versions be the same, so that players can compete across all platforms? That would be awesome…and ideal.
- Will Pigini Beach be included?
- How will new levels be pushed to the game? I imagine it will be similar to how the daily levels have worked in Seasons.
If I had to guess, I’d say probably not.