As part of a new joint promotion between Rovio and Coca-Cola we are pleased to announce a brand new web-based mini game called Angry Birds Coca-Cola China Beats. You can play this on any modern computer by going to coca-cola.angrybirds.com. You need to register before you can sign in, and this is understandably difficult if you have not yet learned Chinese. Luckily, thanks to some help @PJng, we have deciphered the boxes and can help you out.
A quick rundown of what is included in this mini game.
- Five levels unlocked by default. Our walkthrough videos are now online!
- Two levels unlocked by obtaining 15 and 40 drums within those first five levels. (More explained below.)
- Three golden levels. These will be unlocked worldwide when the total “drum” counter in the top right corner reaches 10 million! Hopefully the announcement here on ABN will cause those numbers to climb quicker. (Special thanks to @hoo for translating for us!)
- Drums: In each level, there are four drums of difference sizes. Some seems to have a few different “spawn” points, others seem fixed. These drums are worth 1000, 2000, 3000, and 4000 points from smallest to largest. Not only do they have your score, but obtaining them will unlock levels 6 and 7. Note that you must pass the level for your drums to count.
- A promotional video (with English subtitles) for Team China! (Am I the only one who thinks it is odd that the Finnish Angry Birds are on Team China? I may need to see birth certificates to justify this!) This is the top button on the “Play” screen.
- Yet another portal to play Poached Eggs. It appears to be the same style as on Chrome and several other web-based games.
There is also a worldwide scoreboard on the right hand side of the screen. This is part of a contest that seems to run for six weeks. Week 1 ended on June 5th, Week 2 ends on June 12th, etc. until the whole contest ends on July 10th. Prizes seem to be an Angry Birds plush and a Coca-Cola gift. You must be 16 years of age to participate.
If you are interesting in getting started, please check out the screenshots we have below. The first few will help you register and sign in, and the others will show you what you are getting into! Enjoy!