Great news for Mac and PC users, as Rovio has released the latest update of Angry Birds just in time for the holidays! The Birdday Party (as in, Birthday Party) update launched on iOS devices on December 11th, the second birthday of the app, and features 15 new birthday-themed levels and a new Golden Egg.
First, if you were on the fence about getting the PC app, now is the time to do it. Rovio announced in their newsletter that from December 23rd through the 25th, all three Angry Birds apps are on sale for $0.99 USD each at the Angry Birds shop.
Next, the Mac and PC update includes many of the same new features listed in the mobile release, so be sure to check that out for more details.
Notice to Mac users: It seems that many Mac users are missing the datafile which includes the “expanded Orange Bird” imagery.
We contacted Rovio, and they said they have already submitted a patch update to Apple. v2.0.1 has landed as a “stability fix” for Mac! This seems to solve the “Orange Bird Inflation” issue, but some users are still reporting super-sensative trackpads.
Now, updates unique to Mac and PC.
- Mac and PC do not seem to have the new “Rovio Channel” pause screen.
- The Episode Selection screen has received a cool new makeover. But as Sal9 reports, the background of the Level Selection screen on Mac is a bit buggy. (We will be sure to tell Rovio about this.)
- The Golden Egg page has been changed to match mobile devices. No more do Mac/PC users have to deal with the massive one-page layout of Golden Eggs! (Complete Golden Egg Guide with imagery.)
- The three “Facebook Levels” of Ham ’em High have been added, which we have video walkthroughs for here. While this may not seem like that big of a deal, I think it’s safe to assume they will be added to Seasons as well, which means 1 more Golden Egg in Easter. Even more significantly, it means Mac and PC users can compete on an even keel on our leaderboards!
- Note: You may have lost the star on a Golden Egg or two. Simply re-defeating that level should get you the star back.
- Bug 19 has been fixed: You may obtain the star on the Big Brother Soundboard multiple times now.
- Bug 15 has been fixed: The Rio Football Golden Egg is now labeled as GE-22 instead of GE-20.
- Bug 22 seems to be fixed: The Rio Golden Egg (13-12) should be attainable by all now. Many users have reported the Egg simply appearing on the Golden Egg page, as though they had obtained it before. If you have more information, please let us know.
Special thanks to Laurence, sal9, and iamMighty for helping me with the details.