Plenty of piggy potions are ready for you to mix, with the Angry Birds Short Fuse Aftershock update (v4.1.0) out now! The update has currently landed for iOS and Android via Google Play, with more platforms coming soon.
This update includes:
- 15 new levels in the “Aftershock” update to Short Fuse, listed under Chapter 28. If you need help our walkthroughs are live here!
- Chapter Numbering Change: Please note that the chapter numbers have changed in all levels after Birdday Party, a delayed reaction to the v4.0.0 update that landed a few months ago. We will be adjusting both our walkthroughs and our leaderboards to reflect this change, but it may take us a little bit to do so. In the meantime, exercise caution when entering scores on the ABN Leaderboards.
- Bad Piggies contains Chapters 21-23 (previously 20-22);
- Red’s Mighty Feathers is Chapter 24 (previously 23);
- Short Fuse contains Chapters 26-28 (previously 25+).
- No new Golden Egg is this update, but our complete guide has been updated to reflect the chapter changes noted above.
- Helpful Tip: If you are experiencing any issues with a level not completing promptly, there is a “Fast Forward” button that appears in the bottom-right corner once all pigs have been popped. This will force the level to end, tally your extra birds, and show you your final score. While not a new feature, it can still be helpful!
- Just a friendly reminder that Power Up Scores are not permitted on our Angry Birds (ABo) leaderboard. Using a “Shockwave Black Bird” that is given to you in the starting lineup is perfectly fine. It is only considered a Power Up if you click on the PU button (not available for PC, but just emphasizing).
Be sure to neutralize your static charge before flinging into these new levels. The Shockwave Black Bird will be itching to light up those sneaky pigs!
Power Up University
Also included in this update for mobile platforms is a new mini-chapter called Power Up University. This is similar to the Playground episode of Rio introduced in the High Dive update. Here’s a rundown of how it works:
- To access Power Up University, first enable Power Ups (click the gear on the front page, then the lightning bolt). Next, click
Shopping Cart > Power Ups > Stella(bottom-right corner).
- You must use the designated Power Up to play the level (Super Seeds in Level 1, King Sling in 2, Sling Scope in 3, Birdquake in 4). For this reason, we will not be creating Leaderboards for these levels. However, you will be welcome to post your scores and strategies on the walkthrough pages, which will be live soon.
- You cannot use any other Power Ups other than the required one. In a sense, this is similar to the practice levels in Angry Birds Friends for mobile devices.
- Completing all 4 levels will earn you a x20 Power Up Bundle (5 of each PU).
- Note: The Super Seeds functionality has changed. Previously, the active bird would be enlarged. Now, all available birds are enlarged.